Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Gulabi Girl

Gulabi Girl

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8433
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Gulabi Girl

A mother, a wife, a superstar, a businesswoman how do you manage it all?
Isn't that the beauty of being a woman? To multi-task and manage it all? I am not the only one, every woman out there is doing that, and much more than me. Women, in our country, cook, clean, work, manage children, husbands, relatives, in-laws, jobs. I still have a lot of things easy.

How does your husband, Dr Sriram Nene, handle being married to a superstar?

Well, that's easy. Before being the conventional husband-wife, we are best friends who stand by each other and admire each other's pluses. The fact that I can pursue my career is also because there is no ego between us.

Are your sons, Arin and Ryan, aware of your stardom?

Well, they are pretty young and innocent to understand completely what I do for a living or what star status is. But there are times when they ask, "Mum are you someone famous?" It's adorable.

Tell us about your upcoming films, Dedh Ishqiya and Gulab Gang?

I am looking forward to these films, for it's meaningful scripts that excite me. Dedh Ishqiya was fun because Naseerji (Naseeruddin Shah) is a wonderful actor and it was an honour working with him. As for Gulab Gang, it's about a group of vigilantes who, dressed in pink and fought social injustice with their leader, Rajjo, played by me, in Bundelkhand. It's a message-based film loosely inspired by life of activist Sampat Lal and is packed with entertainment.

Your stint on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa just ended. How do you rate the current dance scene in India?

The youth is into a lot of western contemporary dance routines these days. Having said that, I feel there is no comparison to a classical dance base for it sets the foundation for all kinds of routines. Indian culture has music and dance ingrained in it. I am a huge votary for encouraging people to learn some art form and just like mathematics is good for kids, dance education is too.

You have just launched your website, tell us about it?

Dancewithmadhuri.com is an online dance academy, where enthusiasts can learn dance from me as well as other experts. You can learn different dance styles, as well as Bollywood dance. At our online dance academy one can learn dancing step by step. It caters to all age groups. It seeks to bring the essence of dance learning to anyone, anywhere, anytime on any device. I have just introduced 'Dancercise' on the academy which is an initiative to help people stay fit through dancing. I want to take the passion of dancing to every household. Also my fans have loved my dancing, lot of people told me they wished they could learn dance from me. So I felt this was a good opportunity to give back all the love that I've got from people. Apart from myself, we currently have Remo D'souza teaching Badtameez dil and we will add other gurus such as Pandiit Birju Maharaj, Sarojji (Khan) and Terence Lewis.

Why choose the internet and not television, like Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan?

India has the third largest internet population and the digital platform helps me share my passion for dance with all my fans across the globe. The beauty of the online dance academy is that you can learn dancing at your own convenience in your own comfort zone without having to physically go to a studio.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/gulabi-girl/1168562/0

#1 - Posted on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:32 pm

View user profile

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum