Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Madhuri to do an item number with Ranbir

Madhuri to do an item number with Ranbir

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8435
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Madhuri to do an item number with Ranbir

Item numbers continue to be the unique selling point of Bollywood mainstream cinema.

Even the big daddies continue to make place for that one catchy number in their films. And now, rumour has it that Madhuri Dixit Nene has been chosen to shake a leg with Ranbir Kapoor in Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

This is a coup as MD is one of the best dancers in Bollywood, and the thought of her joining RK Jr in a jig already has expectations soaring.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-to-do-an-item-number-with-Ranbir/articleshow/18221287.cms

#1 - Posted on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#2 - Posted on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:34 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
The eternal dancing queen of Bollywood, Madhuri Dixit, has been enthralling us with her distinctive style of dancing for years. And till date we admire watching the moves of the dancing legend!

While the small screen witnessed the stint of Madhuri in a dance reality show, big-screen has been waiting with baited breath to see its favourite dancing star. However, it seems the long wait will soon be over.

Buzz is that Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit Nene will be seen grooving with none other than the heartthrob of nation, Ranbir Kapoor in Ayan Mukherji's upcoming film YEH JAWAANI HAI DEEWANI, which also stars Deepika Padukone in a leading role.Reportedly, the actress has been chosen to do a special item song with Ranbir Kapoor in the film.

#3 - Posted on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#4 - Posted on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit, Ranbir Kapoor to bring change in Bollywood

Mumbai: Bollywood is now looking for a change in the industry. The filmmakers now want to cast senior artists and fresh faces together. This change will now be seen again when Madhuri Dixit and Ranbir Kapoor will work together in a movie. Madhuri has earlier worked with Rishi Kapoor, Ranbir's father, in many flicks.

Now days, most heroes were seen on screen with actresses who are much younger than them. While Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Saif Ali Khan have worked with both Karisma and Kareena Kapoor as their leading ladies who were younger to them.

A senior actor to work with a junior one, this time, will be ruled by Madhuri Dixit. The all time hit bollywood diva, will be seen dancing with the Casanova Ranbir Kapoor for a special number in Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani. The actress has earlier danced to a few filmi tunes opposite Ranbir's dad Rishi Kapoor in Sahibaan, Yaarana and Prem Granth.

Madhuri Dixit, who will be seen with Ranbir, first romanced Vinod Khanna in the movie Dayaawan (1988) and was later was seen with his son Akshaye Khanna in the movie Mohabbat (1997).

Akshaye and Madhuri also shared screen space in her comeback venture Aaja Nachle. Father-son jodi's apart, Madhuri has been paired opposite brothers Anil and Sanjay Kapoor too. While she has starred in many hit films like Ram Lakhan, Tezaab and Beta opposite Anil, she was paired with Sanjay in the movies Raja and Mohabbat.

http://www.pardaphash.com/news/madhuri-dixit-to-bring-a-change-in-bollywood/704781.html

#5 - Posted on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Ranbir Kapoor to dance with his idol Madhuri Dixit in 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'

On Tuesday Madhuri Dixit did a looks test for her very special song that she’ll shoot for Ayan Mukerjee’s 'Yeh Jawani hai Deewani'.

Explains Ayan, “It was a photo-shoot to try and figure out her look. We’re still working on it and developing her look.”

Buzz is that Ranbir would be joining Madhuri in what promises to be her most mass-centric song-and-dance number since Ek do teen in 'Tezaab'.

Contrary to reports Ayan Mukerjee’s 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' has not been delayed because of Deepika Padukone’s dates and other affiliated hitches.

In fact Ayan says the film is very much on the track, with only one song sequence featuring Ranbir dancing with his idol Madhuri Dixit remaining to be shot.And one hears this super-special item number would be used to introduce Ranbir in the film in the credit titles.

Farah Khan has been roped in to choreograph the number.

The delay ,if any,is derived from the concept’s uniqueness.

Says a source, “Ayan, Karan Johar, Ranbir want to ensure that Madhuri’s debut in Dharma Productions would be just right. Ranbir is an unabashed Madhuri film. He had a crush on her when his dad worked with Madhuri in 'Sahibaan', 'Prem Granth' and 'Yaraana'. He would go on the sets simply to watch her. They have to make sure the number turns out just the way audiences expect it to.”

Ayan Mukerjee admits a song remains to be shot. But denies there is a time-managenent crisis before the film’s May release.“Aisi koi dramatic baat nahin hai. We have the post-production work, background score, sound mixing, the VFX-DI...Sab ho jayega. And we’ve to shoot a song.It’s Ranbir’s introductory number. It’s a normal dash to the finish.It’s Ranbir’s introductory number.Agreed we have a lot of work to do still. It is long month ahead.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-ranbir-kapoor-to-dance-with-his-idol-madhuri-dixit-in-yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani-4244930-NOR.html

#6 - Posted on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:51 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit flaunts her bare back in the item song

Madhuri Dixit who has remained one of the most luscious beauties of Bollywood and its acknowledged dance diva, has finished filming the first ever item song in her career spanning over a few decades. She will be seen in ‘Yeh Jawani hai Diwani’ opposite Ranbir Kapoor while performing this item number. Ranbir had long admired Madhuri and was thrilled to be working with her on this song. He had earlier expressed his excitement at dancing with Madhuri, who incidentally, had played the lead opposite his father Rishi Kapoor in quite a few films.

‘Yeh Jawani hai Diwani’ is being directed by Ayan Mukherjee – the director of Wake up, Sid. The entire unit was revved up about working with the dancing diva. A source revealed, “Ayan, Karan Johar, Ranbir want to ensure that Madhuri’s debut in Dharma Productions would be just right. Ranbir is an unabashed Madhuri film. He had a crush on her when his dad worked with Madhuri in Sahibaan, Prem Granth and Yaraana. He would go on the sets simply to watch her. They have to make sure the number turns out just the way audiences expect it to.”

The song has been choreographed by Farah Khan who had earlier worked with the actress in Hum tumhare hain sanam. Dixit had tweeted earlier during the shooting of the song, “Power House of talent together under one roof! Having a great time with Farah Khan.” Despite minor glitches, the shoot was wrapped up over the weekend and dixit tweeted “Finished filming the song for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. It was great fun. How u guys like it… I meant HOPE u guys like it.”

Since this is the first item song to be performed by the Dhak Dhak girl and was rumored to be even more appealing than the famous Ek do teen of Tezaab, there was a lot of anticipation surrounding the song. Well, it is out at last and the stills promise quite a lot. It seems that Madhuri is sticking to the tried and tested outfit for her item song. Earlier, when Madhuri did a looks test, Director Ayan Mukherjee stated “It was a photo-shoot to try and figure out her look. We’re still working on it and developing her look.” The look that has been developed matches exactly with that being sported by Aishwarya in Kajra re and Kareena in Fevicol se. Madhuri has shown off her curves in a great ghagra choli and has added a dupatta.

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/madhuri-65/11542/

#7 - Posted on Sat May 04, 2013 3:17 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#8 - Posted on Sat May 04, 2013 12:58 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Karan Johar calls Madhuri Dixit `mother of entertaining songs`

Mumbai: Madhuri Dixit`s special dance number in forthcoming film ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ has impressed the film`s producer Karan Johar so much that he has tagged her as "queen of dance".

"Madhuri Dixit is the queen of dance. The songs she has done are iconic...she is the mother of those entertaining songs," the 41-year-old said here Tuesday at the screening of his another production venture ‘Gippi’.

"She (Madhuri) created it, she invented it and she is it. She is re-visiting once again the genre she has made for the big screen. So I am really excited," added Karan.

Hit ‘Tezaab’ number "Ek do teen" had catapulted Madhuri in the big league and after that there was no looking back for the fine actress who not only proved her emoting prowess but also created magic on the silver screen with her dance in songs like "Chane ke khet Mein" (‘Anjaam’), "Didi tera devar deewana" (‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun..!’), "Choli ke peechhe" (‘Khalnayak’), "Akhiyan milaun" (‘Raja’), "Mera piya ghar aaya" (‘Yaraana’), "Kay sera sera" (‘Pukar’), and "Maar Daala" (‘Devdas’).

"Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" has been directed by Ayan Mukerji and features Deepika Padukone opposite Ranbir. But Karan is more excited to see Ranbir`s chemistry with his childhood crush Madhuri on-screen when the film comes out May 30.

He said: "Both Madhuri and Ranbir will have a fantastic chemistry. Both are fantastic dancers and I feel they light up the celluloid like never before."

Meanwhile, Karan has teamed up with Madhuri and Remo D`Souza to judge the celebrity dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6’.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/karan-johar-calls-madhuri-dixit-mother-of-entertaining-songs_133952.htm

#9 - Posted on Wed May 08, 2013 10:30 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Ranbir Kapoor 'bribed' director to let him kiss on Madhuri Dixit's cheeks

Actor Ranbir Kapoor says he is so besotted with actress Madhuri Dixit that he cajoled his director Ayan Mukerji to let him kiss her on cheeks while she was shooting an item number with him for upcoming film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

Madhuri recently shot for an item song with Ranbir in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, slated for May 31 release.

"She (Madhuri) was my first love and my heart broke when she got married. I was happy when I got the opportunity to dance with her and see her," Ranbir said at a promotional event of the film.

In a candid confession, the actor said he had to "bribe" Ayan Mukerji in his own way to let him kiss the actress on her cheeks.

The item song Ghagra is choreographed by Farah Khan.

Heaping praises on the dhak dhak girl, Ranbir said, "She is sincere, passionate and talented. It was great working with her. She is wonderful."

Ranbir who visited the sets of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa last year for promotion of his film Barfi, did break into a jig with the actress.

Interestingly, Ranbir's father Rishi Kapoor had worked with Madhuri in various films.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1834259/report-ranbir-kapoor-bribed-director-to-let-him-kiss-on-madhuri-dixit-s-cheeks

#10 - Posted on Tue May 14, 2013 1:13 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#11 - Posted on Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
OMG, Ranbir Kapoor begs a kiss from Madhuri Dixit!

Mumbai: Ranbir Kapoor, one of the most desirable men of Bollywood is a heartthrob of millions but it appears that the Rockstar actor is finding it difficult to forget his childhood idol-cum-crush Madhuri Dixit.

Recently, the chocolate boy shot an item song with the Madhuri for his upcoming flick Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani. While shooting the song, Ranbir was so besotted with yesteryear's beauty that he cajoled filmmaker Ayan Mukherjee to let him kiss Mrs. Nene on her cheeks.

"She (Madhuri) was my first love and my heart broke when she got married. I was happy when I got the opportunity to dance with her and see her," said Ranbir.

Ranbir confessed that he had bribed Ayan in his own way to let him kiss Madhuri.

The the 30-year-old actor is himself a very good dancer and proved his skills in songs like Bachna Ae Haseeno and Main Tera Dhadkan Teri but Ranbir admitted that he was very nervous while matching the footsteps with the dancing diva.

Praising Madhuri, Ranbir said, "She is sincere, passionate and talented. It was great working with her. She is wonderful."

The item song Ghagra is choreographed by Farah Khan.Yeh Jawani Hain Deewani will hit the big screens on May 31.

Interestingly, Ranbir's father Rishi Kapoor had worked with Madhuri in various films including Yaarana and Prem Granth and this young actor often visited the sets with his dad just to see Madhuri.

Well, it would be a treat for his fans to watch him matching steps with Madhuri.

http://www.pardaphash.com/news/omg-ranbir-kapoor-begs-a-kiss-from-madhuri-dixit/713145.html

#12 - Posted on Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#13 - Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
My Admiration For Madhuri Grew Ten Folds After Working With Her : Ranbir Kapoor

Actor Ranbir Kapoor is right now busy promoting his upcoming film ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’. In the film directed by Ayan Mukherjee, Ranbir is seen romancing his ex-lover Deepika Padukone.
But apart from Deepika, there is one more beautiful lady with whom Ranbir has shaken his legs in an item number and it’s his first love Madhuri Dixit.
So, how was his experience of working with Madhuri?
Ranbir said, “It was my dream come true to work with Madhuri. I have been a huge admirer of her like the billions of Indians are.”

Praising Madhuri, Ranbir asserted, “She is very unassuming on the sets. She is sincere, dedicated, hard working.”
Besides complimenting Madhuri’s work, Ranbir also informed that he came to know the whole new side of Madhuri in the film’s sets and its the motherhood, and he respects her even more now.
“Her two sons were on the sets and it was heartwarming to see a woman with so many of accomplishments also taking an another chapter in her life being a mother. And she is so good as a mother. I think it really completes her. My admiration and regard for her grew ten folds after working with her,” told Kapoor.
The song on which Ranbir and Madhuri have danced together in ‘YJHD’ is called ‘Ghagra’. It’s scheduled to be out by tomorrow.

http://www.bollywoodjournal.com/admiration-madhuri-grew-ten-folds-working-ranbir-kapoor/14/05/2013/37087.html

#14 - Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
FIRST LOOK: Madhuri Dixit in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

She is inarguably one of the finest dancers Bollywood has ever seen. So, the anticipation surrounding Madhuri Dixit’s special number with Ranbir Kapoor — titled ‘Ghaagra’ — in Ayan Mukerji’s next, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, is hardly surprising. And Ranbir himself seems more excited than anyone else.

The Kapoor scion is even happy to let Madhuri — who celebrates her 46th birthday today — be the centre of attraction.

“While shooting, I wasn’t trying to compete with her. I was more than happy with Madhuriji take centre stage. When she is in a song, who is going to take a look at me anyway? She has added a lot to the buzz of the film. I’m sure people will be curious to see her on the big screen,” says Ranbir, who admits that he has “always been a great admirer” of hers.

“We are really thrilled that she has done the song. It was fun doing it. Actually, it was Karan’s (Johar; producer) idea. He suggested it to Ayan because we always had the scope for such a song (his character, Bunny, is introduced here).”

Ranbir on meeting Madhuri as a kid Ranbir recalls meeting Madhuri as a kid on the sets of father Rishi Kapoor’s film with the actress. “During the shooting of Yaarana (1995) in Switzerland, we were all living in the same chalet. Our room was right opposite Madhuriji’s, so I quite thrilled about it. When they used to come back after shooting, we would sit and have food together. I think, over the years, she has remained the same. There is no difference in her attitude towards work or life,” he says.

Ranbir says, “Doing a song with her (Madhuri) means I can strike one item off my wish list.” He adds that he “was just one of the millions” whose heart broke when she got married. “I think millions of hearts broke with the news of her wedding. Thanks to her screen presence, sheer magnetism and enigma, more than half of the country was in love with her, including me,” he says.

Also, Ranbir — while shooting with her for the song — discovered the motherly side to Madhuri. “One day, she got her two kids (Arin and Raayan) on the sets. And to see the kind of mother Madhuriji is and the way she is bringing them up was another amazing side of her to see. It was a heart-warming sight to see a woman who has achieved so much playing a real-life mother so perfectly,” he says.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/FIRST-LOOK-Madhuri-Dixit-in-Yeh-Jawaani-Hai-Deewani/Article1-1060308.aspx

#15 - Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 1:54 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani: Madhuri Dixit and Ranbir Kapoor have superb chemistry

The first look of item number Ghaagra,which has been the talk of B-town for quite some time, is out now
There couldn’t be a better day to give us a glimpse of Ranbir Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit grooving together in Ayan Mukerji’s next Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani; its MD’s birthday today! While the Gulaab Gang actor looks like an absolute delight in a shiny ghaagra and sexy choli, Ranbir Kapoor is seen dancing to his heart’s content. The song gives a very Kajra re kind of a feel. But what made the director (Ayan) opt for Madhuri opposite the Kapoor kid? “We just wanted to give people the sheer pleasure of seeing Ranbir Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit in the same frame. Karan Johar came up with the idea. He had seen the two of them together in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and there was this interesting energy of a young boy and a woman who is slightly older,” he said.

While the makers wanted to create magic by bringing together two of the most sought-after stars, Ranbir is glad that he got to shake a leg with his childhood crush. He revealed in a recent interview that he will finally get to strike off one item from his wish list since his dream of dancing with Mads has now been fulfilled.

Must say Madhuri is looking deliciously sexy in the number. We especially love the orange ghaagra and royal blue choli that she’s wearing in one of the sequences. Don’t you think she manages to look like a chamyaa even at 46? And if you have a look at the signature step carefully (the way she is forming a ring with her thumb and index finger) , you will notice that it has a great similarity with the way she utters ‘perfect’ on JDJ while complimenting the participants in her own graceful style. Can’t wait to see the video now!

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/yeh-jawaani-hai-deewani-madhuri-dixit-and-ranbir-kapoor-have-superb-chemistry/#219605-2-1G7U4740_

#16 - Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Watch: Madhuri Dixit casts her spell on Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ghagra'

Mohini returns
Mohini is back. And she’s casting her spell on not just the handsome hunk shaking his leg with her. Madhuri Dixit returns to her dancing ways in the special number ‘Ghagra’ from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

The song is very much on the lines of ‘Kajrare’ and it begins with the introduction of Madhuri Dixit as “Agra ki azeem fankaara, mallika-e-husn, noor-e-nazar, mohatarma Mohini.”

Ranbir Kapoor, who plays the young and carefree lad Bunny in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, warms himself up by doing some squats, before Mohini (read Madhuri) begins casting her spell with those groovy dance moves. The lady, at 46, belies her age with not just her dance, but also her gorgeous looks.

“TV pe breaking news haaye re mera ghagra, haaye. Baghdad se leke Delhi Via Agra,” croons Rekha Bhardwaj with a nasal twang and a folksy touch. We say all’s fine as long as she pronounces the two words ‘Via Agra’ separately.

Vishal Dadlani croons for Ranbir. Pritam has composed the song. Farah Khan has choreographed the dance moves.

At the fag end, Ranbir Kapoor is seen stealing a kiss from Madhuri Dixit. The duo does get into the groove shaking their legs together in this song.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/slide_show/sid100014764-watch_madhuri_dixit_casts_her_spell_on_ranbir_kapoor_in_ghagra/

#17 - Posted on Thu May 16, 2013 1:04 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit, the Mohini returns in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

All the songs so far released from Ayan Mukherjee's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani have been, as if, a rainbow reminisced - Balam Pichkaari, Kabira, Dilliwali and Badtameez Dil.

The new song from the stable too is an explosion of colour, high octane energy, pun-intending lyrics (Amitabh Bhattacharya), interesting music (Pritam Chakraborty) and awesome singing (Rekha Bhardwaj, Vishal Dadlani).

And how old is Madhuri Dixit again? 46? No way! She can be stiff competition to leading ladies of today. Okay I got too carried away, but she doesn't look a day above 35. In one word she rocks in the item song Ghaghra. She brings class to this much abused Bollywood's very own 'dance form'.

The transition from black and white to colour seems to recall her past glory of Mohini days. Madhuri Dixit became a household name for beauty, dance and grace after essaying the role in Tezaab in 1988. She is about to get applauded again. And how!

Ranbir Kapoor, as always has a dominant presence in the video. When he dances one just vicariously has fun. But this one belongs to Madhuri Dixit.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Madhuri-Dixit-the-Mohini-returns-in-Yeh-Jawaani-Hai-Deewani/Article1-1060491.aspx#pd_a_7104909

#18 - Posted on Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#19 - Posted on Thu May 16, 2013 11:30 pm

View user profile

hecknyed

Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-12-15
Madhuri Dixit didn't give me dancing tips: Ranbir Kapoor

Ranbir Kapoor, who is overwhelmed to share the screen with the dancing diva of the industry Madhuri Dixit claims that she is a phenomenal personality.

On being asked about his experience dancing with Madhuri in song Ghagra in his upcoming film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Ranbir said, "It was a great experience. I am grateful that she became part of this film."

"She is phenomenal. Madhuri ji didn't give me dancing tips. She is such an artist, who doesn't sit down and give you tips thinking that she is big personality and that's very graceful. When songs are concerned it's not about the technique and steps, but she has great time during the songs, she smiles and enjoys every bit of it," concluded Ranbir.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-Dixit-didnt-give-me-dancing-tips-Ranbir-Kapoor/articleshow/20119896.cms

#20 - Posted on Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 pm
View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
I was tense about putting my hand around Madhuri’s waist-Ranbir Kapoor

Ranbir Kapoor, who recently shot for a special number with Madhuri Dixit for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani talks about his crush on her in a candid conversation with Karan Johar on HISTORY TV18’s Bollywood@100. Ranbir confesses, “I have always been an ardent admirer of Madhuri and her sex appeal is beyond compare to any current actresses.”

He adds that her understanding of the finer nuances of dance and music is mind-blowing, “It is awe-inspiring to just see her passion and dedication towards her work and dance.” He reveales that he was quite nervous while shooting with Mads, “I was really tense at the thought of putting my hand around Madhuri’s waist. There were so many dancers around us, which made me feel even more conscious.” He reveals that he begged director Ayan Mukherjee and choreographer Farah Khan to alter the end, so that he could give a peck on her cheek.

For over a month now, the series Bollywood@100 revealed various sensational facts about film stars and the Hindi film industry. The series culminates with a grand finale episode, where KJo will be seen in conversation with like Ranbir Kapoor, Zoya Akhtar and Anurag Kashyap. The special episode will also reveal the winners names of the most enigmatic public voting campaign to find out the ‘Greatest Ever’ in Bollywood.

Watch all the episodes of Bollywood@100 this Sunday, May 19, from 11 am onwards only HISTORY TV18 along with the Grand Finale at 5pm.

http://fenilandbollywood.com/2013/05/19/i-was-tense-about-putting-my-hand-around-madhuris-waist-ranbir-kapoor/

#21 - Posted on Sun May 19, 2013 3:04 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
My heart only beats for Madhuri Dixit: Ranbir

Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor has confessed that his heart beats for dancing diva Madhuri Dixit, with whom he did a special song for his upcoming film 'Yeh Jaawani Hain Deewani'.

The 30-year-old actor, who is often linked with his co-stars, said he considers the actresses in his films as his 'friends'.

"They (my co-stars) are my friends. I work with them in films and perhaps thats the reason why people keep talking about us. My heart only beats for one woman and her name is Madhuri Dixit. Through this film, my childhood dream of dancing with her is fulfilled. I feel very lucky to work with her," he said during the promotion of the film here.

Ranbir shared the screen space with Madhuri for an item song 'Ghagra' in the film, which will hit theatres on May 31.

The actor also revealed that he was the one who suggested director Ayan Mukherjee to add a kissing scene at the end of the number.

"I do not know if I would get such a chance in life again or not. The kissing scene took four retakes and must say that I have not done these retakes intentionally," he added.

Referring to Madhuri as his 'Dream girl', he continued, "When she comes on the screen, light spreads in all the directions."

Ranbir, who got maximum fame for portraying a deaf and mute boy in 'Barfi', said he would not like to play a similar character like the one he played in Anurag Basu's film.

"I want to play new characters now. My wish is to work in action, thriller-suspense and period films," he said.

Asked if he would like to reprise any of the character played by his father Rishi Kapoor in his films, Ranbir said, "I am a big fan of my father becuase he is a fine actor. But I don't feel repeating any of his characters. I would not be able to do justice to them."

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/333386/my-heart-only-beats-madhuri.html

#22 - Posted on Mon May 20, 2013 12:34 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Dances and songs are now technically better: Madhuri Dixit (Interview)

Mumbai, May 30 (IANS) When it comes to dancing, Madhuri Dixit is inimitable. The 1980s and 1990s dancing diva, who is creating magic again by teaming up with current heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor in the song "Ghagra", says that dance forms haven't changed, but have gotten better technically.

"Nothing has changed much. I don't see that much of a change. The way the camera is handled and the way it moves is more restless. But songs are songs, just technically they are better," Madhuri, known for hit numbers "Ek do teen" and "Dhak dhak", among others, told IANS.

"Ghagra" is a special song from Ayan Mukerji-directed "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani". Releasing Friday, the romantic drama has been produced by Karan Johar under his banner Dharma Productions.

The actress said she had a blast shooting for the song.

"It was wonderful, we had a blast. Karan and me gel together. Ayan is a fabulous director, I really liked his film 'Wake Up Sid'. I was very impressed with it. It was very well made. Then there was Ranbir and that is his introduction song. I have seen him in so many films and I loved his 'Badtameez dil'," she said.

The actress attributes her dancing abilities to her mother.

http://www.coolage.in/2013/05/30/dances-and-songs-are-now-technically-better-madhuri-dixit-inte/#photoID-5917803

#23 - Posted on Fri May 31, 2013 3:29 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit’s Look in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani

We can never get bored of watching Madhuri Dixit on screen, cause of her stunning looks and gripping performances. Love her look in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani? Sport it now:

Foundation: Apply the Dream Matte Mousse Foundation on your face to get an instant, radiating glow.

Eye Shadow: For the eye shadow, use the third shade of the Diamond Glow Eye Shadow in Copper Brown and apply it all over your eye lids. Then take the last shade from the quad and apply it over the lighter shade to make your eyes stand out.

Eyeliner: Make a moderately thick even line on your upper lash line with the Hypersharp Eye Liner.

Mascara: Apply several strokes of the Colossal Volum’ Express on your upper lashes.

Lipstick: First line your lips with the Color Sensational Lip Liner and then color your lips with the Superstay Long Lasting Lipstick in Non-Stop Red.

Lip Gloss: To get that dazzling shine on your lips, gloss your lips with the Color Sensational High Shine Gloss in Gleaming Grenadine.

Nails: Notice the bold Red nails? Use the Red shade from the Express Finish Nail Color. It’ll dry quickly, since it goes from ‘wet to set’ in just forty seconds.

Follow these steps and you’re sure to make a lasting impression on anybody you meet!

http://instaglam.in/post/56137753237/madhuri-dixits-look-in-yeh-jawani-hai-deewani

#24 - Posted on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:09 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#25 - Posted on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:15 am

View user profile

Sponsored content

#26 - Posted