Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Madhuri Dixit-Nene parts ways with manager of 30 years

Madhuri Dixit-Nene parts ways with manager of 30 years

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Madhuri Dixit-Nene parts ways with manager of 30 years

Riku Rakesh Nath is quite simply one of the most popular celebrity managers in B-town. He was manager of the gorgeous Madhuri Dixit-Nene until recently, following a decision by the actress to hire a talent management firm instead.

A source told Indian Express, “Madhuri’s husband wanted her to hire the services of a corporate firm instead of an independent manager”.

Nath had been managing Dixit-Nene’s career since not long after her 1984 debut and remained pivotal in the years that followed, getting her some of her career’s most memorable and life-changing roles.

It is thought that Nath also played a big hand in Dixit-Nene’s return as reality TV judge in ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ in which she sits on the panel with filmmaker Karan Johar and also choreographer-director Remo D’Souza.

http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/madhuri-dixit-nene-parts-ways-with-manager-of-30-years

#1 - Posted on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:34 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri-Riku Split

Bollywood’s most popular star manager, Riku Rakesh Nath, and his client of three decades, Madhuri Dixit-Nene, part ways.

There’s a common saying in the film industry: in Bollywood, there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies. This has been reiterated by the fact that Madhuri Dixit-Nene decided to terminate the services of her manager of almost 30 years, Riku Rakesh Nath. They parted ways after Madhuri decided to hire the services of a talent management firm — the latest trend in the industry — instead of the age-old tradition of using the services of a manager. A source from the industry says, “Madhuri’s husband wanted her to hire the services of a corporate firm instead of an independent manager.”

During her early days, Nath played a prominent role in making Dixit-Nene the superstar of the masses. He started handling the actor’s work soon after her debut in Abodh (1984) and played a key role in bagging several of her successful films — Tezaab, Beta, Saajan, Dil and Hum Aapke Hain Koun!, among others. During this period, he also managed Anil Kapoor and Namrata and Shilpa Shirodkar but Dixit-Nene remained his priority. Riku was known for handling the actor’s date diary, which also included setting up meetings with directors, interviews, photo shoots, arranging for costumes and organising parties. After Dixit-Nene quit Bollywood in 2002, Nath handled the careers of Ameesha Patel and Kangna Ranaut briefly. But upon Dixit-Nene’s return last year, he started working with her again and is instrumental in her recent television stint in Jhalak Dikhlaa Ja.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/madhuririku-split/1018140/

#2 - Posted on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 am

View user profile

sumi

Admin
Admin
Female
Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-04-09
shocking....

#3 - Posted on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:58 am

View user profile http://www.madhuridixitnene.net

hecknyed

Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-12-15
??

#4 - Posted on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:28 pm
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
yup indeed very shocking... Rolling Eyes

#5 - Posted on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:33 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit Nene parts ways with manager Rakeshnath

Behind this successful woman was a man. And it wasn't Dr Sriram Nene. The man to have stood by former superstar Madhuri Dixit since 1985, handling her publicity, managing the accounts, even accompanying her to and from the airport each time she landed in Mumbai from her home in Denver where she was based since 1999 after marrying Dr Nene, was her manager Rakeshnath.

After 27 years of what Rikku, as he's fondly called by the industry, has often referred to as "taking care of Madhuri", there is news of a split. If sources close to the actress are to be believed, the two have parted ways.

And the reason, we hear, is Dixit's husband, a UCLA-trained cardiovascular surgeon, who holds the opinion that his wife should sign up with a professional career management firm that can lend an effective boost to her second acting stint.

"Madhuri has done well for herself in the last one year after having moved with her family to Mumbai. He feels she will land more work if a professional agency handles her assignments," says the source.

Surprisingly, Dixit we hear, agrees with her husband. According to a source, the actress has been avoiding Rikku, refusing to answer his calls even.

That isn't reason for an animosity build-up, though. On Rikku's 60th birthday last November, the actress co-organised a party together with his children Shaina, Karannath and Dakshina, and former actress Namrata Shirodkar whose account Rikku had once handled.

Six years ago, when she was planning a comeback in Bollywood, she had planned to do it with a film her manager had planned to produce. "She respects him just as much as she once did. And it's not about his fees either. Times have changed, and the biggest stars are now being managed by professional agencies. Even the likes of Karan Johar and Farhan Akhtar, whose productions firms Dharma Productions and Excel Entertainment respectively, are mentoring new talent and managing their careers.

Dixit has always maintained that Rikku has played a significant role in her professional success.

"It is great to have someone take care of your dates, fix appointments with directors and producers, and everyone who wants to meet you. It is difficult for an actor to keep track of everything that's going on," she is said to have told journalists.

Rikku is also said to have micromanaged Dixit's affairs, "deciding on the costumes, telling her if her make-up is right or wrong, and getting the best for her."

Two men & a lady

Rikku, whose career was going through a lill after Dixit's move to the US, was looking forward to her return. Reportedly, the actress was back but Rikku wasn't a happy man.

Dr Nene, who was yet to kick start his medical practice in the city, was taking a keen interest in his wife's career. Involved not just in negotiations, but also handling her financial matters, it was Dr Nene holding the reins, leaving Rikku answerable to him.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-Dixit-Nene-parts-ways-with-manager-Rakeshnath/articleshow/16861497.cms

#6 - Posted on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri’s secretary Rikku left her as he was hurt

Madhuri Dixit recently ousted her secretary Rikku Rakeshnath in favour of Reshma Shetty. Their association was almost 27 years old. And in all the time that they were together, he kept Madhuri's interests above all else.

He was heard telling friends, "I didn't do enough for my own children... but I definitely kept Madhuri on a pedestal. Her interests came above all else."

Since Madhuri returned to India from the US for good, with the intention of giving her Bollywood career a second chance, she has wanted to build on her brand equity. There is talk of of her getting into film production, starting a fashion line, etc. She, therefore, switched from old-school Rikku to new-age Reshma.

The story so far, read fine. People move on. But one hears from close sources what reportedly hurt Rikku was the fact that it was suggested that if he wished to continue working for Madhuri, he should do so under Reshma's guidance.

Now, Rikku is an old hand in Bollywood. He has worked with many Bollywood superstars in the past. He has produced films and is obviously not the sort who will play second fiddle to anyone. One hears that he was hurt when he heard of the 'suggestion'. He decided to keep his pride intact and move on.

When contacted, Rikku declined to comment saying he wasn't associated with Madhuri. "So, I don't have anything to say," he maintained.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuris-secretary-Rikku-left-her-as-he-was-hurt/articleshow/17181189.cms

#7 - Posted on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Doctor saab will manage my career now: Madhuri

t has been nearly two years since Madhuri Dixit returned to the country with her husband and children. And since then, the former matinee queen, has been busy with brand endorsements, film deals, dance academy and invitations to some of the most high-profile parties and events. Madhuri version 2.0 has been all about profile and a contemporary touch that keeps her as relevant now as she was decades ago. Perhaps the aggressive marketing strategy required the star to shed some trappings of her past. And her trusted secretary, who single handedly managed her career in the 90s, Rikku Rakeshnath, was rendered irrelevant, redundant.

Rikku was foremost among the breed of the all-powerful mentor secretary-manager, who nurtured greenhorns to stardom and held the reins of their lives thereafter. No one imagined Madhuri's 28-year-old association with Rikku - that began with a series of flops till Tezaab created history - would end on such a note. For Rikku, Tezaab was a personal victory - he handled both Anil and Madhuri at that time. His association with Anil continued for 18 years.

Apparently, Madhuri's decision to hire a younger, fresher team was not her own - but that of her husband, Dr Sriram Nene. According to a source close to the couple, "Dr Nene, who had quit his job as a cardio vascular surgeon in Denver, to follow his wife to India, is blessed with a canny marketing sense. He quickly realised, his wife did not need just a manager, but a talent manager. And the hunt for a more professional, more business savvy team was on."

Meanwhile, Rikku began to find it increasingly difficult to get through to the star who he considered 'family.' "They would politely refuse to meet him, not take his calls. He knew something was not right," says the source. Meanwhile, Anil Kapoor, who was enjoying his second and more eventful spike in his career, recommended a spin doctor - Reshma Shetty. "One day Rikku got a call from Madhuri, 'Ab mera kaam doctor saab dekhenge,' she said and hung up," says the source.

If Rikku was devastated, he was not willing to show it then. But last week, he reinvented himself - from being a manager he has now positioned himself as a talent manager. He has launched TalentZ, in partnership with Pahlaj Nihalani and Shilpa Shirodkar's husband Aparesh Ranjit. "Professionally, Dr Nene has not been happy with the kind of offers that have come his way. And he has realised that it makes better sense to help manage Brand Madhuri than work on a compromise - no hospital was willing to offer him the kind of compensation that he expected," said the source. He was also mulling offering voluntary service in government hospitals at one point.

As for Rikku, he is busy getting even with life - by looking for the next Madhuri in the earnest faces around him.

The ouster did me good: Rikku

Have you started a talent management company?
That's right. And TalentZ is the name. My office is in Juhu.

How is it doing?
I am back. I am going to go all out. I have already cast a girl Urvashi Rotela opposite Sunny Deol in Anil Sharma's next. I shall stick to what I did and do best - scouting and promoting new talent. TalentZ is not only about actors but also singers, lyricists and directors (pauses).

What is it that talent management companies do?
Whether it is Bling or Matrix or any other - if you have a Madhuri Dixit or Salman Khan as your client, offers will flow in any case. And if Madhuri feels that Reshma Shetty can improve her career, then maybe she is right.

Aren't you hurt that Madhuri stopped working with you?
I wouldn't say hurt. But after Madhuri and I stopped working together, I had a lot of time to introspect. I wanted to expand my business. Of course, I was not going to stop working. And this time I was not alone. Shilpa's husband and Pahlaj were ready to join hands with me.

Why did you part ways?
Look, I shall not get into the details. I worked with Madhuri for more than 28 years and I respect her. Neither do I want to say anything about Dr Nene.

What if Madhuri wants to join TalentZ tomorrow?

She is welcome anytime.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Doctor-saab-will-manage-my-career-now-Madhuri/articleshow/18875975.cms

#8 - Posted on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:46 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
thanks for the latest article...

#9 - Posted on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:49 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
aanchal wrote:thanks for the latest article...

welcome

#10 - Posted on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#11 - Posted on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#12 - Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:40 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri finally makes up with her Man Friday

n October 2012, Madhuri Dixit parted ways with her manager of almost three decades, Rakesh Nath a.k.a Rikku. He became her Man Friday in 1985 and he handled everything, from her publicity and accounts to her dates diary. When Madhuri moved to Denver in 1999 after marrying Dr Sriram Nene, he continued picking her up and dropping her to the airport during her trips to Mumbai.

Buzz was, Dixit's husband, a UCLA-trained cardiovascular surgeon, wanted his wife to sign up with a talent management agency instead to boost her second acting stint. The fallout was rather ugly, but the two have "let bygones be bygones".

Last week, Madhuri invited Rikku for a special screening of her latest flick Gulaab Gang in a Juhu multiplex. However, the actress who was supposed to be there at 9.30 pm, was running one-and half hour late. And Rikku returned home without watching the film.

"I'm a morning person and cannot stay up too late. I'm not comfortable seeing movies very late in the night," Rikku told Mirror. Has he seen the film? "Yes, I liked it, Madhuri acted very well. I told her so when I called her after watching the film. We had a long chat and it was good to speak to her after such a long time," he said.

So will Madhuri and he start working together again? "I don't know... I don't think so," replied Rikku.

TOI

#13 - Posted on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 am

View user profile

Sponsored content

#14 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum