Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Madhuri signs her next film "Gulab Gang"

Madhuri signs her next film "Gulab Gang"

Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24
'Gulaab Gang' is not based on Sampat Pal's life: Anubhav Sinha

Anubhav Sinha has dismissed reports that his upcoming Madhuri Dixit-Juhi Chawla starrer 'Gulaab Gang' is based on the life of Sampat Pal.

"It is not based on anybody's life, it's a fiction. Yes, there are some similarities like it has a women's gang and the pink colour but the film is not a documentation of Sampat Pal's life. A lot of people took it for granted that it's about the gang but it's not," Sinha told PTI in an interview.

The 'Ra.One' director is turning producer with the film and admits that it was not an easy project to put together.

"Soumik Sen (director) told me the story while we were in Benaras and I was really impressed with it. Logistically, it was very challenging to put the movie together as it has no male protagonist, and then you have action and dance

sequences."

"Also I knew it would not attract money easily as it is not a usual film. I went through many tough times but ultimately I enjoyed making this movie," he added.

With 'Gulaab Gang', 47-year-old Sinha brings for the first time the two divas and former rivals Madhuri and Juhi on the big screen.

"We approached Juhi and she was surprised with what was being offered. She has never been approached with something like this before but it took her just three meetings to say yes.

"Soumik had already met Madhuri once, before narrating the script to me. So he kind of had her in mind. Again this is something very different for her but she was hands on ready for it."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/gulaab-gang-is-not-based-on-sampat-pals-life-anubhav-sinha/389686-8-66.html

#51 - Posted on Sun May 05, 2013 2:40 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
Madhuri refuses a body double
DC |

Madhuri Dixit, who is known for her graceful moves on screen, will be seen in a hardened avatar in her next film Gulab Gang. And she is ensuring she gives her all to the role she is playing.

Recently Madhuri was required to perform a few daredevil stunts for an action sequence for which she refused director Soumik Sen’s offer to employ a body double. Those present on the sets were raving about Madhuri’s courage and enthusiasm. “It is very inspiring to see an actress of Madhuri’s stature willing to take the risk. Soumik and even her co-star Juhi Chawla suggested that she refrain from doing the stunt herself, but she was adamant,” says a unit member.

Incidentally, this is the first time that Madhuri has done a hardcore action scene. “Safety measures were taken. Soumik and his team ensured that Madhuri performed the stunts with minimum risks possible. It took a few takes for the shot to be get okayed. It requires guts and determination to challenge yourself. Full marks to Madhuri for reinventing herself,” adds our source.

As for us, we can’t wait to see the other side of this Dhak Dhak girl of the ’90s!

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130524/entertainment-bollywood/article/madhuri-refuses-body-double

#52 - Posted on Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
My 'Gulaab Gang' character very powerful: Madhuri Dixit
Actress Madhuri Dixit plays a woman who forms a group of women vigilantes in 'Gulaab Gang' and says it is a very powerful character.

She plays Rajjo, who brings together a group of women who dress in pink saris and fight against injustice in the Bundelkhand region.

"It's a very powerful character. As an actress, I am fascinated by it," Madhuri said at the launch of a jewellery store.

"The message through the movie is also very strong," she added.

She is happy to have shot action scenes for the film.

"There is action in the film which I have not done so far in any of the movies," she said.

Directed by debutant Soumik Sen and produced by Anubhav Sinha, Gulaab Gang also features Juhi Chawla, Mahie Gill and Tannishtha Chatterjee in key roles.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/My-Gulaab-Gang-character-very-powerful-Madhuri-Dixit/articleshow/21593377.cms

#53 - Posted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#54 - Posted on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:46 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Luskamralus wrote:
cant see this

#55 - Posted on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

now can you see it?

#56 - Posted on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:06 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Luskamralus wrote:

now can you see it?
yes thanks for uploading again Smile

#57 - Posted on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:12 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
aanchal wrote:
Luskamralus wrote:

now can you see it?
yes thanks for uploading again Smile
welcome 

#58 - Posted on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:30 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Gulaab Gang to release on Mar 7

Much to the relief of Madhuri Dixit, the release date of her upcoming film Gulaab Gang has been postponed to March 7-a day before the International Women's Day. The film is based on an all-female vigilante group fighting for the rights of women and is helmed by debutante director Soumik Sen and is produced by Anubhav Sinha.

Talking to Mirror, Sinha said: "It is a perfect tribute on Women's Day. What better way to celebrate the greatness of our mothers and sisters than to release a film that talks about women empowerment?"

Earlier, the film was scheduled to release along with her other bigbudget film Dedh Ishqiya and this step will ensure the films don't eat into each other's pie on the box office. For quite some time now, there was a deadlock with none of the producers agreeing to shift the release dates. Apparently, Madhuri was not too keen on having two of her big films clash on the box office.

Dedh Ishqiya is directed by Abhishek Chaubey and produced by Vishal Bhardwaj and stars Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah, and Huma Qureshi along with Madhuri, while Gulaab Gang will see Juhi Chawla, Mahi Gill and Tannishtha Chatterjee sharing screen space with the actress.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Gulaab-Gang-to-release-on-Mar-7/articleshow/26165784.cms?fb_action_ids=557125797703550&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22557125797703550%22%3A491462900970044%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22557125797703550%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

#59 - Posted on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:54 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
that's grt.. i think both films releasing on same date fake rumours were spread by media only

#60 - Posted on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:55 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Is My Hero, Juhi Is Pure Evil: Gulaab Gang Director Soumik Sen

As he makes his directorial debut with 'Gulaab Gang', Soumik Sen is full of self deprecating humour and quiet confidence that stems from his script and leading lady, Madhuri Dixit-Nene. Excerpts from a telephonic interview with the filmmaker:

Q. We're so used to see Madhuri being the sweet, lovely actress that the Gulaab Gang poster gave us quite the start..

Soumik Sen: There's still a bit of the Madhuri we know and love in 'Gulaab Gang'. She will be dancing and she's even sung a song in her own voice. But will she be the kind of cutesy character we saw in 'Hum Apke Hain Koun'? No. This will be a VERY different Madhuri.

Q. Was it a challenge to get Madhuri into the skin of such a physical character?

Soumik Sen: Madhuri is my film's hero. She agreed to do her own stunts and go without a double. I found out later that she was trained in Taekwondo too! I can't remember who said it, maybe it was Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan, but action is like dancing, and who better a dancer in the industry than Madhuri? She was a thorough professional and gave it her all.

Q. You're also giving another sweetheart, Juhi Chawla, a complete makeover.

Soumik Sen: Oh yeah. In my film, Juhi is pure evil. She's black - there's no grey to her character. The things she does, the stuff she says might probably leave a lot of people thunderstruck since we're just so used to seeing her epitomize wonderfullness all the time.

Q. Was it a conscious decision to choose someone like her to play the bad guy?

Soumik Sen: Perhaps. I mean, when Prakash Raj is in a film, you kind of know what he's going to do. With Juhi, there's bound to be an intrigue factor, considering she's always been a sweetheart to most of her fans. It was a challenge to break down that image and present something new.

Q. Since Madhuri and Juhi were professional rivals in their time, did it ever get uncomfortable on the sets?

Soumik Sen: It wasn't tense at all. In most scenarios when two contemporaries are cast together, their characters are usually competing for either the hero's attention, the title of best dancer, who has the better clothes or even, who will live longer. In 'Gulaab Gang' though, there's a very clear demarcation. Madhuri is the hero, while Juhi is the villain. There was no discomfort, because their characters exist in wholly different spaces.

Q. You were a writer before you turned director with 'Gulaab Gang'. What's been better? And what's worse?

Soumik Sen: As a writer sometimes, your script may not exactly turn out the way you envisioned it would be as when you were writing it. Of course, this is fine because you have to trust the director's vision, but now that I'm in that chair myself, I have full control of what my idea will be like from start to finish.

What's worse? Well, as a writer, once you're done with the script, your job is over. It's not the same for a director. Your creative time is cut down because you really can't multi-task. You have to be solely invested in your project. I couldn't have been directing 'Gulaab Gang' by day, switching off and writing a script for someone else at night. But it's a tiny negative, since being in the director's seat has been great experience.

Q. Are you apprehensive about how your film will be perceived given that it's been a rocky ride in Bollywood uptil now?

Soumik Sen: First and foremost, let me make this clear - nobody cares about me. People will watch Gulaab Gang because they like Madhuri or they find the story gripping. They might go because they enjoyed the songs or the trailer looked promising. I am not a Sanjay Leela Bhansali or a Raju Hirani. My name has no value and so I'm just going to take the response as it comes.

If anything, my second outing as director will be the one I will be worried about. If people don't like 'Gulaab Gang', they might not give my next a chance, thinking 'Yeh toh bundle banata hai'.

Q. Ok, so no pressure there, but what about the fact that you're directing what will, technically, be Madhuri's second comeback film?

Soumik Sen: Let me first clarify that, do I think this is Madhuri's Second Coming? No, it is not. We haven't seen her since 'Aaja Nachle', but she never really went away since she was still doing TV. There is certainly some pressure involved when directing an icon like her, but I think she saw in my script, an idea that could work for her.

I'm confident it will.

http://www.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/madhuri-is-my-hero-juhi-is-pure-evil-gulaab-gang-director-soumik-sen-113888.html

#61 - Posted on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:52 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#62 - Posted on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:18 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#63 - Posted on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:07 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Anupama Raag records duet with Madhuri Dixit
Sunayana Suresh,TNN | Jan 5, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

Lucknow-based Bollywood singer Anupama Raag is elated that she got to sing a wedding song Tohe Maare Nazariyan Sawariyan Re, which is based on the traditional kajri style of classical singing, in the upcoming film Gulaab Gang.

Incidentally, this track will be a duet with the film's leading lady Madhuri Dixit Nene, and has been picturised on her. It has been composed by the film's director Soumik Sen, who is also the music director for the film as he's a musician and a trained sarod player.

The filmmakers have sought to promote fresh talent as far as the lyricists and singers are concerned. And since they were on the lookout for an innocent yet classically trained voice for this particular number, they chose to go with Anupama. Recounting her experience, Anupama remembers fondly the recording session. "Unlike other songs it was an unstructured jam session. The recording was done in a semi-soundproof studio to give it a natural feel."

#64 - Posted on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:05 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit's 'Gulaab Gang' trailer to release with 'Dedh Ishqiya'
The trailer of actress Madhuri Dixit's upcoming film 'Gulaab Gang' will be screened along with her film 'Dedh Ishiqya' releasing this Friday.

The 46-year-old actress will be seen in 'Dedh Ishqiya' which releases this Friday and the trailer of her yet another highly anticipated film 'Gulaab Gang' will be shown along with it.

Produced by Sahara Movie Studios and Anubhav Sinha, 'Gulaab Gang', which is directed by Soumik Sen, stars Madhuri and Juhi Chawla in the lead roles.

Releasing March 7, the film is inspired by a group of women activists (Gulabi Gang) in the Bundelkhand region and is based on women empowerment.

The film will see Madhuri as a social activist fighting for women.

#65 - Posted on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:09 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Trailer out: Madhuri Dixit's Gulaab Gang is power-packed - See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertain ... PQ8mJ.dpuf

The first trailer of Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla-starrer Gulaab Gang is out.

Soumik Sen's directorial debut is a war between good and evil.

Both Madhuri and Juhi portray strong characters in the film. While Madhuri plays the leader of a women's group in village, Juhi essays the role
related stories

of a politician.

In the two-and-a-half minute trailer, patriarchy takes a beating as Madhuri spouts dialogues till now considered a hallmark of the angry young men in Bollywood.

Some of the wonderfully written dialogues in there are worth a mention.
Madhuri says: Hamare yaha ek kahawat hai... danda sabka pir hota hai. Rod is God.

After throwing a man on the ground with eleventh slap, Madhuri says: Hamare yaha 11 ko shagun mante hain.

Juhi tells Madhuri: Chappar fad ke de sakti hun aur chappal fad ke bhi.

Madhuri responds to a similar dialogue with: Niche wali jab leti hai to patloon fad ke leti hai.

The film, produced by Anubhav Sinha, is slated for release on March 7. - See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertain ... PQ8mJ.dpuf

#66 - Posted on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:40 pm

View user profile

sumi

Admin
Admin
Female
Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-04-09

'Gulaab Gang' was my last chance to work with Madhuri: Juhi

Actress Juhi Chawla, who will be seen with Madhuri Dixit for the first time in "Gulaab Gang", says she doesn't think they will get another chance to work together in future.

Madhuri and Juhi were contemporaries in the 1990s but they never worked together during their prime.

"I think this ('Gulaab Gang') was the last chance I got to work with her (Madhuri Dixit) and I don't think we will again get a chance to work together in future," Juhi told reporters Monday at the screening of Bengali movie "Jatishwar" here.

"Gulaab Gang" has a very strong script and Juhi feels that such stories are not churned out in bulk, therefore, she isn't so hopeful of seeing her and Madhuri on the big screen together again.

"It happens once in a lifetime when we get such a good script and where we can work together with such dedication. So, I don't imagine that we will again be working (together). That's why the film is exciting for us as actors," said Juhi.

Juhi recalls the time when she missed the opportunity to work with Madhuri because of rivalry.

"There were times when I had a chance to work with Madhuri, but at that time we were rivals and I was like, 'I will not work with Madhuri at all'," Juhi spoke candidly.

"Now I agreed to do the film ('Gulaab Gang') as I felt it would be an amazing cast with such an awesome script," she added.

"Gulaab Gang", co-written by director Soumik Sen and producer Anubhav Sinha, is inspired by a group of women activists in the Bundelkhand region and talks about women empowerment.

It features Juhi and Madhuri in completely opposite roles. While Madhuri stands for justice, Juhi stands for political power as she plays a stubborn politician.

"Gulaab Gang" is slated to release March 7, a day before International Women's Day.

Juhi is eager to talk about the movie.

"I am waiting for the promotions to start. I will be happy to talk about the film. It was a unique experience while working in the film. I enjoyed it," she said.

#67 - Posted on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:17 pm

View user profile http://www.madhuridixitnene.net

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#68 - Posted on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#69 - Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:27 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#70 - Posted on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
After Salman Khan, is Madhuri Dixit-Nene the new Dabangg in town?

The dhak-dhak girl will be seen doing some high-octane action scenes in her upcoming film, Gulaab Gang
You will agree with us that when it comes to some maar-dhaad and masaaledaardialogues, no one can possibly beat Salman Khan. But looks like, Madhuri Dixit Nene is all set to give the Dabangg Khan a run for his money with her hero-like avatar and action sequences in her upcoming film, Gulaab Gang.
Called one of the biggest casting coups of Indian cinema, Gulaab Gang will have the most popular icons of Bollywood battle each other onscreen: Madhuri as the hero, Juhi Chawla as the Villain. The trailer of the film which was released a few days back has the dhak-dhak girl instilling life into high-octane action sequences.
The man behind these stunts, Kanishka Sharma, who has choreographed Madhuri’s stunts in the film reveals the strenuous training and hard work by the Dedh Ishqiya actor for Gulaab Gang.
He says, “The brief given to me by director Soumik Sen was to design the stunts in a manner that they look both aesthetic as well as realistic. It couldn’t be as gritty as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, neither could it be as suave as the Matrix,” adding that he trained Madhuri in rare martial art forms like Shaolin Kungfu, Pekiti Tirsia Kali and Shaolin Chin-na.
“I was taken aback by Madhuri’s agility and her pitch-perfect timing! I extensively trained Madhuri for a month in Shaolin Kung Fu, besides stick training, Shaolin joint locking, Kali knife, short stick and of course, close combat” he adds further.
“I remember a scene where Madhuri had to twist a man’s arm and kick him hard. I rehearsed with her for a few hours before the shot, but was a little apprehensive. Later, I was shocked at how comfortably she pulled it off. She makes all my otherwise tiring action look effortless on screen!” says Kanishka.
Well, all of this surely makes us even more eager to watch Gulaab Gang. What about you

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/after-salman-khan-is-madhuri-dixit-nene-the-new-dabangg-in-town/

#71 - Posted on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Never thought of Juhi Chawla as my competitor: Madhuri Dixit

The two contemporaries did not work together in the past, both shinning in their respective careers, but years later Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla are set for an interesting face-off onscreen as the avenger and the villain in ‘Gulaab Gang’.
In her interviews, Juhi has said that the reason they probably did not work together was because there was lot of competition between actresses at that time.
Madhuri, however, says she never thought of Juhi as a competitor and it was finally inspiring to work with her in the film, releasing on March 7.
“I never thought of her as my competitor. I never had any qualms about working with anyone. This is my thinking that we are actors not horses running towards one finish line. It is a creative field and we like certain roles and work with people we like. It is not that I have not worked in two-heroine projects earlier. I worked with Preity Zinta (‘Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke’), Aishwarya Rai (‘Devdas’) and Karisma Kapoor (‘Dil To Pagal Hai’),” Madhuri told PTI in an interview.
Madhuri, 46, says it was inspiring to see Juhi at work in ‘Gulaab Gang’ and they have several very tight scenes together in the Soumik Sen directed movie.
“It is wonderful that we did a film together finally. She is a good actress. It is inspiring to see another good actress work with you. I think our scenes are very tight and I would definitely love to work with her again,” says Madhuri.
Madhuri, who made her debut in 1984 with film ‘Abodh’, became the queen of hearts with the success of films like ‘Tezaab’, ‘Beta’, ‘Dil’, ‘Hum Aapke Hai Kaun’, ‘Pukar’ and ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’.
She disappointed her fans by deciding to take a break from acting to get married and raise a family in the US. But she did not quit completely and continued to do films like ‘Devdas’ and ‘Aaja Nachle’ before finally moving back to India in 2011.
Madhuri has been busy with TV shows, advertising deals, and her online dance academy ‘dancewithmadhuri.com’ since her return. She made a grand comeback on the big screen as an ageing seductress in recently released ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ where she was paired opposite Naseeruddin Shah.
In ‘Gulaab Gang’, Madhuri will play the role of a justice-seeker, who along with a group of women, fights social injustices. “It is a strong role. When Soumik brought the story to me, I thought it was entertaining, massy and yet it had a lovely message. Rajjo is a vigilante and believes in education of women. She believes woman should be given the tools to be independent,” says Madhuri.
The actress says other than the character what attracted her to the part was that she would get to do lot of action in the movie, something she has never done before. “My character believes that rod is god. She has her goals straight. And then there is Juhi, who is playing this negative, mean and power-hungry politician. I feel it could have been two men but they happen to be two women,” says Madhuri.
‘Gulaab Gang’ has been produced by Anubhav Sinha. The actress is glad that she is in Bollywood at a time when things are changing for good for women, a phenomenon, she would have thought impossible earlier.
“Times are changing, a woman’s role in society is changing and there is an attitude change everywhere. There was a time when I never saw
female assistant directors, camerapersons or a makeup artistes. There were women directors but you could count them on your fingers,” recalls Madhuri.
She feels new age directors should share credit for writing interesting roles for women rather than caging them in stereotypes.
“The women are no longer caricatures like an avenger, victim or an eye candy. They are people, characters. There is a change even in mainstream roles. I like what Deepika (Padukone) did in ‘Cocktail’ and even in ‘Chennai Express’ where her role was equally important to that of Shah Rukh Khan. This change is nice and a step in the right direction,” she says.
The actress says she has a lot to look forward to career-wise while being a mother to her two children – Arin and Raayan – and wife to her doctor husband Sriram Nene.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/never-thought-of-juhi-chawla-as-my-competitor-madhuri-dixit/2/

#72 - Posted on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:24 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Official website

http://www.joingulaabgang.com/#

#73 - Posted on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 pm

View user profile