Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Madhuri signs her next film "Gulab Gang"

Madhuri signs her next film "Gulab Gang"

Page 1 of 3 Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
Madhuri Dixit has just signed another film after giving the nod to the Ishqiya sequel.

She will be doing RA.One director Anubhav Sinha's next production Gulab Gang, directed by Soumik Sen. From what we hear, Raveena Tandon, Shahana Azmi, Mahie Gill and Tabu have also been signed for the film. Now that Madhuri is on a signing spree, will hubby Dr Nene also take a call on what he wants to do next

#1 - Posted on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:34 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#2 - Posted on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#3 - Posted on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:56 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri signs Anubhav Sinha's Gulab Gang
Madhuri Dixit, who was recently in the news for signing on for the sequel to Ishqiya, has since signed another film titled Gulab Gang. Conceptualized by Soumik Sen and Anubhav Sinha the film has been in the offing for a while.

As for the story of the film, Gulab Gang is about a gang of women fighting social injustice in the heartland of India where Madhuri plays the gang leader. The film will also mark the directorial debut of Sen. Gulab Gang, which is said to be inspired by real life situation will be released on March 8, International Women's Day next year.

The film's shoot starts by the end of the year. Apart from Madhuri the makers are also looking at casting Mahie Gill and Shilpa Shukla to complete the gang of women in the film. Gulab Gang will be made under Anubhav Sinha's banner Benaras Media Works.

#4 - Posted on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Madhuri Dixit to play gangster in 'Gulab Gang'

Actress Madhuri Dixit is on a roll. After signing Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', the Bollywood diva has now been roped to play the lead role of a gangster in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang'.

"We have signed Madhuri for 'Gulab Gang'. She would be playing the lead role of Gulab. She heads the gang of women," said Sinha.

"It was director Soumik Sen who narrated me the story and I really liked it. It was his idea of having Madhuri in the film. He met her and she was also extremely excited about it," he said.

'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice.

"It is not a biopic. It is not based on anyone. It is in a way inspired by something that happened in UP. It is a fiction," Sinha said.

The producer said there will be about six female characters in the film.

"We have just finalised Madhuri. Soumik had mentioned that he wants to cast Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla for other roles. But I don't know if he has met them and things have been finalised or not. Also, we are looking for a female antagonist," he said.

Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day, March 8.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/madhuri-dixit-to-play-gangster-in-gulab-gang/942380/

#5 - Posted on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Powerpuff girls

While Madhuri Dixit has been signed on to play a gangster in Gulab Gang, Bipasha portrays a woman who has three aging lovers wrapped around her finger

Cashing in on the new trend of powerful women characters in films, two leading ladies from two different genres and vastly different bodies of work, have been signed on to play two special roles in two different projects.

While Madhuri Dixit will be seen as the leader of a gang - a Godmother prototype in Gulab Gang, Bipasha Basu will be seen as the charming seductress in Rohit Roy's remake of Basu Chatterjee's 1982 blockbuster Shaukeen.

Gulab Gang, conceptualized by Soumik Sen and Anubhav Sinha had been in the offing for a while now. The story about a gang of women fighting social injustice in the heartland of India, will mark the directorial debut of Sen. Inspired by real life, this film will be released on March 8, International Women's Day next year.

When contacted, producer Anubhav Sinha confirmed, “Yes, we have signed Madhuri for the film. She will play the protagonist Gulab. We want to start shooting by the end of the year. After the release of RA.One, I was visiting Benaras to finalise the script fro my next film, when Soumik came up with this idea. And I immediately gave it a go ahead.”

Mirror has learnt that director Sen is now looking at actors like Mahie Gill and Shilpa Shukla to complete his gang of women in the film. The film will be made under the banner Benaras Media Works.

On the Shaukeen remake front, director Rohit had already finalised Rishi Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah and Boman Irani to play the aging Lotharios portrayed by Ashok Kumar, Utpal Dutt and AK Hangal in the original. And now, to reprise the role of their object of affection, he has chosen Bipasha Basu.

Talking to Mirror, Rohit explained that his film is not exactly a replica of the 1982 blockbuster. “It has been thirty years since the release of Shaukeen. We had to change tweak the story accordingly. The three sixty-year-old men in my film won't be lusting for a girl as it was in the original,” revealed the filmmaker.

“My film is more like a Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara meets 1982 Shaukeen. These three men have always gone out for trips, once every five years. This is their last,” he added.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20120426201204262305159211167fd4a/Powerpuff-girls.html

#6 - Posted on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit all set for a grand comeback

Signs movie with Vishal Bhardwaj and Anubhav Sinha

Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit has taken her time after returning to Mumbai and planned her comback well. Now the actress seems to be on movie signing spree.

Recently she signed Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya'. Now the gorgeous lady has accepted Anubhav Sinha's 'Gulab Gang'.

As per reports, Madhuri will be seen as the Godmother, the protagonist Gulab, a powerful lady leader in the film. It is about a gang of women fighting for social justice.

The entire unit wants to start work by the end of the year.

"Just signed a second film called Gulab Gang! Go girl power! It is to be produced by Anubhav Sinha, and directed by Soumik Sen," Madhuri wrote on her Facebook page.

'Dedh Ishqiya' is a sequel of 2010 hit film 'Ishqiya', which featured Vidya Balan, Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi. While Naseer and Arshad will be repeated, leading lady Vidya has been replaced by Madhuri.

The actress is also gearing up for her television show. She will be featured as one of the judges in the fifth season of dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'.

She has already began work for the promotional shoot of the show.

"Meanwhile, on my way to shooting promos for Jhalak Dikla Ja. The team is awesome and I think this season should be great!" she posted.

It’s time to wait and see what Madhuri has in store for the second innings of her comeback in Bollywood.

http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/madhuri-dixit-all-set-for-a-grand-comeback-2012-04-29-1.456093

#7 - Posted on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:26 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit Signs Her Next With Anubhav Sinha

Exuberant, Vibrant, Beautiful, Vulnerable, Gentle and Sweet are few terms that best describe this person and her personality. From Abodh to Aaja Nachle, she has ruled the hearts of millions of Indians. A smile that has broken a million hearts, a face that increased many a heart beat, her moves made the entire nation dance with her. And to all Madhuri Dixit fans out there, we have some very good news!

Official announcements have been made and it is confirmed that post her comeback film, Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Dedh Ishqiya’, Bollywood’s Chandramukhi will don the lead role in Anubhav Sinha’s next. While the other contemporaries today are mesmerized by the charm and beauty of Mrs. Nene, all eyes are set on her who actually is considered to be the ultimate queen when it comes to expressions. The power of expressions and emotions blended with her ability to portray all kinds of roles is a testament to the talent and versatility that is stored within the soft speaking actress.

After taking a sabbatical from films post Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s epic Devdas, she returned back to the nation and filmdom with ‘Aaja Nachle’ which had a rather dismal performance at the box office. Soon she packed her bags again until she finally had a homecoming of sorts being a judge on television reality show, ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’. The season created record breaking TRP ratings, the result of which they have signed Madhuri for yet another season of Jhalak. Soon after her appearance on the sets of the dance based reality show, offers started pouring in. But this time, Mads made sure she made the right choice. And voila! While the actress sent the media into a tizzy by announcing her comeback project on Twitter, the second project was supposedly kept under the wraps for sometime. Anubhav Sinha’s next titled ‘Gulab Gang’ will have Madhuri essay the role of the female protagonist who fight against all odds, especially against the ills that plague the Indian society. She plays the gang leader in this definitive film set against the backdrop of the Indian environment, providing a social message at the end. Conceptualized by Anurbhav Sinha and Soumik Sen, the film will also mark the directorial advent for Soumik. Based on real life situations, the producer has also zeroed in on for a perfect day for its release. The film is slated for a March 8, 2013 release which is also celebrated as World Women’s Day. It could not have been better than this, for sure. The film’s shoot starts by the end of this year after Madhuri completes her film with Vishalji and her stint back on television. The makers of ‘Gulab Gang’ are reportedly trying to rope in the sensational and unconventional Mahie Gill and the aggressive Shilpa Shukla to complete the girl gang.

While there was a national debate going on Madhuri demanding 5 crores a film, taking herself to be at par with the younger actresses, some even felt that she had lost all her charm and no producer would sign her up at such a heavy risk. But Madhuri has put all her critics to rest by clearly showing that her Star Power can still skip a million heartbeats worldwide. The two back to back announcements are brave testament to the statement that was made largely in the late ‘80s and the ‘90s!

In a recent interview, Madhuri had called Vidya to be the Star of the year for her effortless performance in ‘The Dirty Picture’. A recent tabloid speculated that Vidya has achieved a feat which onto to an extent, Kajol and Madhuri could do: draw a crowd to the theatre! So with Madhuri gearing up for her third innings in the industry and coincidentally stepping into her old shoes, will she be able to live up to all the expectations? Will the immense euphoria and mass hysteria surrounding the 44 year old diva help her deliver big on screen yet again? Will she be able to make all the hearts around her go dhak dhak to her beats? For that, we will just have to wait and watch!

Meanwhile what’s in news is that a certain storm named Madhuri is all set to hit the Bollywood industry with her aadayein, nazakat and her killing moves again! Hope the other industry divas survive the storm! You bet!

http://www.anfresh.com/entertainment/bollywood/madhuri-dixit-signs-her-next-with-anubhav-sinha/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

#8 - Posted on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:01 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Women gangsters from UP want to meet Madhuri Dixit

Barely had news of actress Madhuri Dixit-Nene signing films broken out, there wastalk ofthe actress apparently being in a dilemma about certain films.

One of them being Ishqiya’s sequel, Dedh Ishqiya, where she’s required to play not just a bold character, but also mouth some expletives. If that’s not enough, her other film Gulab Gang to be directed by Anubhav Sinha, too may run into rough waters, say sources.

Says an insider, “A group of women gangsters operate in Uttar Pradesh, the kind that Madhuri will be playing in Gulab Gang. The members of this women gang now wish to know the entire plot of the film. The leader of the gang apparently wants Madhuri to first visit the place they come from, understand their lives and their way of living before starting the shoot as Madhuri plays one of them. And if that is not done, they have threatened to disrupt the shoot; in fact stall it, if need be, as they feel that they will not be portrayed in the right light.”

However, when contacted, filmmaker Anubhav Sinha said he was unaware of these developments. “I don’t understand how people pass such judgements without really knowing what the film is all about?” says the filmmaker.

“I do not know much about this girl gang,except that they hail from UP. But I plan to find out more about them now. I also plan to find out what exactly is the issue they have with my film. The thing is that a lot of presumptions are being made about the film, and it’s leading to these situations,” he adds.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_women-gangsters-from-up-want-to-meet-madhuri-dixit_1684690

#9 - Posted on Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#10 - Posted on Sun May 06, 2012 1:40 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#11 - Posted on Sun May 06, 2012 10:08 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#12 - Posted on Mon May 07, 2012 12:34 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit is very excited about Gulab Gang, says Anubhav Sinha

After Ra.One, director Anubhav Sinha is excited to work with Madhuri Dixit in his debut production Gulab Gang.

The film will see the Dhak Dhak girl playing a gangster for the first time in her movie career. It is the second film after Dedh Ishqiya that Madhuri has signed after relocating to India from the US.

"It was not a sudden development though. I have been in touch with Madhuri for two-three months now and from the very first meeting, I could see that there was a very strong desire in her to do the film. After she returned from the US and announced her decision to make Mumbai as her base, our talks took concrete shape. Today as things have worked out really well, Madhuri is very excited to get going," Sinha said.

Set in the heartland of India, Gulab Gang would feature Madhuri as the central protagonist and is set in a gritty terrain.

"I was with Soumik Sen in Banaras to write another film and we were on this boat in Ganges. It was a beautiful atmosphere and he started telling me a story he had written. I really loved it and felt that it was fantastic. When he expressed his desire to direct it, I was all for it. On my return to Mumbai, I met up Madhuri and she agreed," said Sinha, who started his career as a director with Tum Bin.

http://www.ndtvmovies.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=ENTEN20120202099&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=207313

#13 - Posted on Mon May 07, 2012 11:09 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Who’ll be the villain? Vidya, Rani, Tabu?

Anubhav Sinha’s foray into production with Gulab Gang starring Madhuri Dixit will soon get hotter than ever. For the film’s antagonist, Anubhav and director Soumik Sen are looking at A-list heroines to fit the bill. Sources claim actors like Vidya Balan, Rani Mukherji and Tabu are being considered.

However, Anubhav refuses to reveal details, “I can’t divulge any names right now. The actor has to match Madhuri’s calibre and give her good opposition in the film. Playing the negative role of a chief minister with a strong personality will be tough.” Anubhav plans to lock the actor in a month.

Gulab Gang, which revolves around the issues of education of the girl child, will go on the floors in October. “Soumik has woven a Bollywood masala potboiler into a subject that has lots of action and violence. Being a trained musician, Soumik will ensure we have good music. We are looking at eight songs but they won’t be Madhuri’s signature ‘dhak dhak’ kind of numbers,” he adds. “We are yet to finalise the location and are thinking of few places. I would love to shoot in Uttar Pradesh as I am from that state. But Uttranchal is the next best option.”

Meanwhile the RA.One director is working on the script of his next directorial. Will it be a big budget film? “Budgets don’t make a big film, box office success does,” he says. “Kahaani is the biggest example before us. But Shah Rukh has spoilt me, so it will be a big budget film.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Who-ll-be-the-villain-Vidya-Rani-Tabu/Article1-852509.aspx

#14 - Posted on Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
I don't play a gangster in 'Gulab Gang': Madhuri Dixit

Actress Madhuri Dixit, who has been roped in to play the lead in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang', says contrary to reports she is not playing a gangster and will not be mouthing bad words.

"I don't know where all these things (about abuses) came from. There is nothing abusive in the movie. It is not even about gangsters. In the film women are not gangsters.. They are vigilantes. It is about a group of women who help other women and help solve their problem. So that is what fascinated me about that... As it is all about women power. They are not gangsters," Madhuri told PTI in an interview.

'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice. The film directed by Soumik Sen is likely to rope in Mahie Gill and Shilpa Shukla too. Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day.

Click here for Cloud Computing

Also Read

Related Stories

News Now
- SC notice to Centre, Rajasthan & Haryana on illegal mining
- Anna takes a U-turn, gives clean chit to PM
- World T20 organisers reject speculation of security threat
- One dead after being hit by mini bus
Also, Madhuri has signed on the dotted line for the sequel of Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Ishqiya', which is titled 'Dedh Ishqiya'.

Abhishek Chaubey had directed 'Ishqiya', which got great reviews and box office collections. The film was produced by Vishal Bhardwaj. Even for the sequel the director, producer and lead actors Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi have been retained.

"I don't think 'Dedh Ishqiya' can be called women centric film. There are four characters in the movie and all are important. I am looking forward to work with Naseeruddin and Arshad. I am working with Naseeruddin Shah in a meaningful film after a long time. And it is all about one up man ship, give and take and it is very interesting. We haven't begun shooting yet," Madhuri said.

Post her marriage, Madhuri had relocated to the US for almost a decade. It was last year in October that she shifted her base back to Mumbai, along with her family. And on work front, she signed two films and will judge dance reality show. (MORE)

#15 - Posted on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:33 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#16 - Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
I will not be mouthing abuses in 'Gulab Gang' : Madhuri Dixit

Actress who has been roped in to play the lead in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang' , says, she is not essaying a gangster and will not be mouthing bad words.

"I don t know where all these things (about abuses) came from. There is nothing abusive in the movie. It is not even about gangsters. In the film women are not gangsters.. they are vigilantes. It is about a group of women who help other women and help solve their problem. So that is what fascinated me about that.. as it is all about women power. They are not gangsters," Madhuri told in an interview.

'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice. The film directed by Soumik Sen is likely to have Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla.

Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day. Also, Madhuri has signed on the dotted line for the sequel of Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Ishqiya', which is titled 'Dedh Ishqiya'.

Abhishek Chaubey had directed 'Ishqiya' , which got great reviews and box office collections. The film was produced by Vishal Bhardwaj. Even for the sequel the director, producer and lead actors Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi have been retained.

"I don't think 'Dedh Ishqiya' can be called women centric film. There are four characters in the movie and all are important. I am looking forward to work with Naseeruddin and Arshad. I am working with Naseeruddin Shah in a meaningful film after a long time. And it is all about one up man ship, give and take and it is very interesting. We haven't begun shooting yet," Madhuri said.

Post her marriage, Madhuri had relocated to the US for almost a decade. It was last year in October that she shifted her base back to Mumbai, along with her family. And on work front, she signed two films and will judge dance reality show.

"I think it is exciting time for Indian cinema as it has taken a leap. Even audiences have matured and they are ready to watch different subjects. Different kind of films is being made, films are made in more professional way," she said.

The 45-year-old actress would also be judging the fifth season of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja this is for the second time that she would be judging the show.

"When the second season came up to me I was more than happy do it. Dancing is extension of me. Dance is important and exciting thing.

There are people who have inhibitions about dance and this is the show where lot of non-dancers comes, so it helps you shed all those things, Madhuri said. Besides Madhuri, ace choreographer Remo D souza and filmmaker Karan Johar would judge the show. "I will judge on basically how they perform, their expressions, whether they are graceful. We have three judges and we can't say same thing, so we have kind of divided things. Remo will look at choreography, I will look at essence and Karan will look at concept, the way they have shot it," she said.

"We will have Madhuri step of the week, perform for audience or contestant or give contestant to do. That step can be of my film or anything new," she said.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=56105

#17 - Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#18 - Posted on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri's 'Gulab Gang' goes on floors in October

The shooting of Madhuri Dixit's comeback film " Gulab Gang", the production debut of director Anubhav Sinha, will begin in October. Since the movie is all about women's power, the filmmaker hopes to wrap it up in time to release it on International Women's Day in 2013.

"I'm very excited about 'Gulab Gang'. I'm hoping to release the film on March 8, 2013 on International Women's Day. The film will go on floors in October," Sinha told IANS.

All actors have been finalised for the projects, and the names are expected to be announced within the next 10 days.

The film is about a gang of women fighting social injustice. Sinha, who has directed films like "Tum Bin", "Tathastu" and "RA.One", says "all women are in place".

"For the leading man, we are not looking at a headline name in this film. There are so many women that my director (Soumik Sen) is going to die. There are 51 characters in the film to be cast and maximum are women," he added.

If rumours are to be believed, Madhuri has demanded a few changes in the film's script, but Sinha says he is amused.

"I heard Madhuri is changing the script and all. Madhuri has been part of this project for a year and a half now. We are way ahead now and are discussing her make-up, costumes... so we have moved on to that space. In two months, the film will be rolling.

"Madhuri is a darling, she is a sweetheart. She doesn't have to do this. If she wants to write a script, she will write her own. I am amused," he said.

Madhuri, last seen on the big screen in "Aaja Nachle" in 2007, first took a break from showbiz when she married US-based surgeon Sriram Nene and shifted to Denver from Mumbai to start a family. Now she is back in tinsel town, and currently judges celebrity participants on dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5".

For "Gulab Gang", which is set in rural India, Maduri will go de-glam for it.

"It's a film based in the rural part of India. So it can't be glamorous. It will be as natural as possible," said Sinha, who is also excited about the film's music and set design.

"We will have seven songs in the film," he said.

#19 - Posted on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri, Saroj to set a new benchmark

If Madhuri Dixit is doing a movie, it is impossible to imagine it without a dance number. The versatile actress, whose performances are incomplete without her trademark latkas and jhatkas, will be setting a new benchmark in her next film, Gulab Gang, the songs of which will be choreographed by Saroj Khan. Interestingly, the veteran choreographer and the nimble-footed actress will be teaming up after a decade, since Devdas, their last outing together.

Incidentally, Khan's name was suggested by producer Anubhav Sinha, who had assisted Pankuj Parashar on the film Rajkumar, for which the actress and the choreographer worked together. "I remember Sarojji showing the steps to Madhuri, who would perform them with such ease and grace as if she had done them before," recalls Sinha. Predictably, director Soumik Sen too felt Sinha was right in choosing Khan. He enthuses that although Madhuri might be looking simpler as the story is set in rural India, they're "planning to do something spectacular in terms of the choreography". Sen adds, "Every Madhuri dance number has always set a new benchmark, that's our intention too." Needless to say, Madhuri's excited about working with Khan after such a long time. As Sen says, "Madhuri feels that Sarojji is immaculate with details and ensures that the facial expressions are in perfect sync with the mood of the song and the character."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-Saroj-to-set-a-new-benchmark/articleshow/15434268.cms

#20 - Posted on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#21 - Posted on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:15 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#22 - Posted on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit's film in trouble with the real Gulabi Gang

A couple of months ago, Madhuri Dixit’s Gulab Gang, made headlines, thanks to Sampat Pal, who heads a women’s group (called Gulabi Gang) in Uttar Pradesh’s Bundelkhand region, against domestic abuse.

Sampat Pal alleged that the film is based on her life and her group’s work. Pal even threatened to take the 'legal route'. Now, in the latest turn of events, Gulabi Gang has asked the makers for compensation.

They also want assurance that the lead character played by Madhuri Dixit, which, according to them, is inspired by Pal, is justly portrayed.

Sampat Pal Devi of the Gulabi Gang

Jaiprakash Shivhare, the national co-ordinator for Gulabi Gang, says, “Hum saral log hai (we are simple people). We want Madhuriji and the makers to take us into confidence. At least meet us. We run a group that helps women in distress. But we are sceptical as to how all of this will be shown. Also, since all films are made with the intention of profit, it would be great if they can give us some compensation. We can help women with that money.”

Ask what if the makers don’t pay up, and she says: “Hum chhote log hain (We are common people). What can we do?”

‘There’s no question of any kind of misrepresentation’

RA.One (2011) director Anubhav Sinha, on the other fornt, says that there is no question of any kind of misrepresentation. He is the producer of Gulab Gang, and laughs off the claims.

He says, “What compensation? Who is writing the film? (Writer-director) Soumik Sen, right? So, how do the members know whether it has anything to do with them? There’s no question of any kind of misrepresentation. Also, it’s too early for anyone to talk about the film,” says Anubhav.

The film goes on floors in October.

Anubhav adds, “We intend to release the film on International Women’s Day (March Cool.”

Ask him about Gulabi Gang’s apprehensions about the portrayal of the lead character and he says, “I haven’t done enough research about the gang, because it has nothing to do with them. So please don’t believe in what anyone is speculating or making assumptions about.”

Madhuri Dixit is flustered about the whole controversy, Her manager, Rikku Rakesh Nath says, "It’s news to us (the demand for compensation). Why are we getting dragged into all this? We have nothing to do with it."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Madhuri-Dixit-s-film-in-trouble-with-the-real-Gulabi-Gang/Article1-911872.aspx

#23 - Posted on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#24 - Posted on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit: Expect Some Sensational Dancing in 'Gulab Gang'

August 11, 2012, (Sawfnews.com) - Madhuri Dixit and veteran choreographer Saroj Khan will team up to set the dance floor ablaze in Soumik Sen's Gulab Gang.

Madhuri and Saroj first teamed up for Madhuri's Ek Do Teen number in Tezaab (1988) and followed up with many additional hit numbers through the nineties. The two last worked together in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas (2002).

Anubhav Sinha, the producer of Gulab Gang, suggested Saroj to Sen, who didn't need to think twice before accepting Sinha's choice.

Sinha recalls his personal experience of watching Saroj direct Madhuri.

"I remember Sarojji showing the steps to Madhuri, who would perform them with such ease and grace as if she had done them before," Sinha told TOI.

Sen says Madhuri plays a deglam role in the film, but still the audience can expect some spectacular choreography.

"Every Madhuri dance number has always set a new benchmark, that's our intention too," says Sen.

Madhuri, 45, considers Saroj her mentor and believes Saroj is a class apart.

"Madhuri feels that Sarojji is immaculate with details and ensures that the facial expressions are in perfect sync with the mood of the song and the character," Sen added.

The womancentric film features total of 51 female characters and no male lead.

Gulab Gang filming will start in October. It is scheduled to release on March 8, International Women's Day, 2013.

http://www.sawfnews.com/Bollywood/69516.aspx

#25 - Posted on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:10 pm

View user profile

Sponsored content

#26 - Posted

Page 1 of 3 Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum