Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Remo D'Souza wants Madhuri for next film Read more at: htt

Remo D'Souza wants Madhuri for next film Read more at: htt

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8434
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Remo D'Souza wants Madhuri for next film

Director-choreographer Remo D'Souza, who is currently busy with his next film ABCD (Anybody Can Dance), says he is trying to rope in Madhuri Dixit for his next film, which will be a musical saga.

"Unfortunately, Madhuri Dixit is not in ABCD (Anybody Can Dance). But, I am trying to get her for my next film which is a musical saga which will be in 3D," Remo said.

"I am constantly in touch with her. I am still writing the script but I had many meetings with her. She is willing to work on this project," he added.

Madhuri and Remo had judged season four of the reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa along with Malaika Arora Khan.

Remo is currently shooting for ABCD (Anybody Can Dance), a 3D film that features Prabhu Deva and Ganesh Acharya along with some newcomers.

Talking about the sequel of his directorial debut Faltu, he said: "I am not sure which film will go on floors before - it might be Faltu sequel or my next musical saga. Let's see how things fall in place. Right now I am extremely busy with ABCD (Anobody Can Dance)."

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20120198764&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood&nid=194319&cp

#1 - Posted on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:31 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Kareena, Priyanka not in league of Madhuri: Remo

Ace choreographer Remo D'Souza tells why he considers Madhuri Dixit to be the goddess of dancing.

India's hip-hop maestro and dance guru, Remo D'Souza has started shooting for his second and India's first ever dance film ABCD (Anybody can dance).

The film has been shot in 3D and will have Prabhu Deva, Ganesh Acharya, American dancer Lauren Gottlieb in the lead roles. Gottlieb has been a finalist of So you think you can dance and has been featured in films like Disaster Movie, Bring It On: Fight To The Finish and Hannah Montana.

In an exclusive chat with TOI.com Remo spoke of his film and how he has asked Lauren to watch the Bollywood actresses closely to get a hang of Hindi as the film is in Hindi language.

"Lauren has been undergoing Hindi classes as its difficult for her to get the language right. I have also asked her to go through the songs of Kareena, Priyanka, Katrina to get a hang of Hindi film dancing" said Remo.

What about Madhuri Dixit we ask. Remo added, "Madhuri is the goddess of dancing. She or Sridevi cannot be compared to the current crop of actresses. Madhuri cannot be compared to Kareena, Priyanka or Katrina. People feel jealous of me as I get to sit besides her on Jhalak!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Kareena-Priyanka-not-in-league-of-Madhuri-Remo/articleshow/12547073.cms

#2 - Posted on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit the desi Kidman?

Hollywood filmmaker Baz Luhrmann had openly acknowledged Bollywood's thematic contribution to his 2001 musical Moulin Rouge.

He had even used Anu Malik's famous number Chamma Chamma in the Nicole Kidman starrer. And now, it is payback time. Mirror has learnt that choregrapher-turned-director Remo D'Souza is all set to make a film on the lines of the international classic with Madhuri Dixit in the lead.

When contacted, Remo said, "Yes, I am doing a period dance film with Madhuri. It is going to be the Indian version of a very famous Hollywood musical. However, it is a little early to talk about my next project."

Though the filmmaker refrained from giving out the details of his ambitious project, a source close to him told Mirror, "Madhuri will play the desi counterpart of Nicole Kidman. There won't be any major difference in the characterisation or plot. The treatment and content of the songs would be a mix of Indian and modern."

Mirror learnt that Prabhu Deva may play the male lead and Madhuri may voice her own songs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-Dixit-the-desi-Kidman/articleshow/12592908.cms

#3 - Posted on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#4 - Posted on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
Luskamralus wrote:
Hollywood filmmaker Baz Luhrmann had openly acknowledged Bollywood's thematic contribution to his 2001 musical Moulin Rouge.

He had even used Anu Malik's famous number Chamma Chamma in the Nicole Kidman starrer. And now, it is payback time. Mirror has learnt that choregrapher-turned-director Remo D'Souza is all set to make a film on the lines of the international classic with Madhuri Dixit in the lead.

When contacted, Remo said, "Yes, I am doing a period dance film with Madhuri. It is going to be the Indian version of a very famous Hollywood musical. However, it is a little early to talk about my next project."

Though the filmmaker refrained from giving out the details of his ambitious project, a source close to him told Mirror, "Madhuri will play the desi counterpart of Nicole Kidman. There won't be any major difference in the characterisation or plot. The treatment and content of the songs would be a mix of Indian and modern."

Mirror learnt that Prabhu Deva may play the male lead and Madhuri may voice her own songs.

#5 - Posted on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:03 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit signs two films – a dance musical and a women-oriented drama

At last, the ’90s star’s acting career is gaining momentum

Just when we were about to give up hope of seeing Madhuri Dixit-Nene on the big screen anytime soon, we heard that she’s finally signed two movies. The first is the remake of Baz Luhrmann’s Moulin Rouge, which will be directed by Remo D’Souza who was also Madhuri’s ex-colleague on Jhalak Dikhlaja. And other one is a hard-hitting women centric plot to be directed and produced by Nikhil Advani (Salaam-E-Ishq). It looks like the 90s leading lady’s decision to turn down the mother’s role in the remake of Hollywood’s Freaky Friday, to be produced by her dear co-star Anil Kapoor, hasn’t been a mistake after all.

Both the films are currently in the pre-production stage, so we are not yet sure which one will go on floors first. Madhuri’s last come back film, Aaja Nachle tanked at the box office inspite of being a dance flick. But we hope with Remo at the helm of things, the remake of Moulin Rouge uplifts the Dhak dhak babe’s career. We’ve got our fingers crossed, have you?

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/madhuri-dixit-signs-two-films-a-dance-musical-and-a-women-oriented-drama/

#6 - Posted on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri on Remo's mind for Navrang remake

New Delhi, Feb. 17 -- After tasting success with his directorial debut ABCD - Any Body Can Dance, choreographer-turned-filmmaker Remo D'Souza is set to helm yet another dance-based film. This time, a remake of legendary filmmaker V Shantaram's classic, Navrang (1959), for which the 38-year-old wants to cast none other than Bollywood's dancing diva Madhuri Dixit.

"I've always wanted to work with Madhuri just like I always wanted to remake Navrang. So when I start working on that film, I will definitely want to cast her," says Remo, adding that the very desire to remake this particular film was to fulfil his dream of working with Dixit, with whom Remo co-judged a dance reality show on TV, last year. The original film had actors Mahipal and Sandhya in the lead roles.

"I have bought the rights to the film and it's in the scripting stage," says Remo, who's also simultaneously working on the sequel of ABCD, as well as an action movie with Sidharth Malhotra, which is being jointly produced by Karan Johar and UTV Motion Pictures. In the sequel, Remo plans to retain the cast of ABCD that had Prabhu Deva in the lead. "I will add a few new faces too, but the major star cast will remain the same, including Prabhu Deva," says Remo.

http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/024aead776915216dfd76edaa4b83f93/madhuri-on-remos-mind-for-navrang-remake#ixzz2L9qOu9H3

#7 - Posted on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
Remo D’Souza Plans To Remake ‘Navrang’ With Madhuri Dixit

Madhuri DixitChoreographer turned director Remo D’Souza who has directed successful Hindi films like ‘F.A.L.T.U’ and the recent one ‘ABCD Any Body Can Dance’, wants to remake 1959 classic film ‘Navrang’ with his ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ co-judge Madhuri Dixit.

In fact, the director has already taken the first major step by buying the remake rights of the V.Shantaram film.

Interestingly, Remo reveals that the main reason of him buying the rights was his wish to work with Madhuri Dixit and he is sure about his plans falling into the right place.

Confirming the reports, Remo says, “I have always wanted to work with Madhuri just like I always wanted to remake ‘Navrang’. So when I start working on that film, I will definitely want to cast her.”

At the moment, Remo is preparing himself for the sequel of ‘ABCD’ which is reported to be co-produced by Karan Johar and UTV Motion Pictures. While Prabhudeva and the most of the cast of the prequel will reprise their roles in the sequel too, it will have new addition in ‘Student Of The Year’ fame Siddharth Malhotra.

The ‘Navrang’ remake may go on floors only after Remo is done with the ‘ABCD’ sequel.

#8 - Posted on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:13 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#9 - Posted on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:25 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Mithun, Madhuri Dixit are Remo’s favourites

Choreographer-turned-director Remo D’Souza (above), whose directorial venture, ABCD: Any Body Can Dance, did decent business at the box office, says that with a sequel in the offing there’s pressure on him to surpass set standards.
“The competition between the dancers will increase as
ABCD... has set a standard. But it is going to be more tense for me because if I have to make a sequel, then I will have to go above the set standard,” says the 38-year-old. When asked who, according to him, are the evergreen dancers in Bollywood, Remo says, “Mithun Chakraborty is an evergreen dancer. Among heroines, Madhuri Dixit is the one.”

ABCD... featured Prabhu Deva, Kay Kay Menon and choreographer Ganesh Acharya, and Remo confirms that the sequel will again see Prabhu Deva and Ganesh together.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Mithun-Madhuri-Dixit-are-Remo-s-favourites/Article1-1013930.aspx

#10 - Posted on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 am

View user profile

Sponsored content

#11 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum