Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » MD Tele Show-Jhalak Dikhlaja 7 » Jhalak 5 with madhuri Dixit?

Jhalak 5 with madhuri Dixit?

Page 4 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
Mumbai: Dancing diva Madhuri Dixit paid a tribute to evergreen beauty Sridevi in the initial promos of reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’. Now both the Bollywood beauties are set to share the stage on the show.

Sridevi will be a part of the celebrity dance show`s grand finale, to be aired on Sep 30, sources confirmed.

Once competitors on the big screen, the small screen is set to bring them in the same frame, and viewers can expect to burn the dance floor with their charm, poise and grace.

Sridevi will make a visit to the sets of the show to promote her forthcoming film ‘English Vinglish’, which marks her comeback to cinema after 15 years.

Madhuri is one of the judges on the show, with filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer Remo D`Souza.

Before the ongoing season went on air, Madhuri had shot promos, paying a tribute to Bollywood`s screen divas, by dancing to their popular numbers.

She recreated Sridevi`s look from the song "Kaante nahin kat te" from the film ‘Mr.India’.

Sridevi`s ‘English Vinglish’ is releasing Oct 5, and narrates the story of a housewife, who tries to learn English for the sake of her family. The movie, directed by Gauri Shinde, received a positive response at the recently held Toronto International Film Festival.

IANS

#76 - Posted on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8433
Registration date : 2008-10-24

#77 - Posted on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi go from ex-rivals to best pals?

They are both known for being archetypes of Indian beauty. They are loved for their acting skills, their lightness of feet and their enigmatic smiles, and they have both reigned over Bollywood at the height of their careers. Understandably, both Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit were also professional rivals for a long time. But time, as they say, is a wonderful healer. Sridevi recently appeared on the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa finale on Colors TV to promote her come back film English Vinglish and danced with Madhuri Dixit, who is one of the judges of the show. Both set the stage of fire as they tried out each others signature moves, and judging by the picture you can never imagine that these two were ever anything but the best of pals!

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/image-madhuri-dixit-and-sridevi-from-ex-rivals-to-best-pals-469500.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

#78 - Posted on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:45 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri-Sridevi share stage for the first time

Dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (JDJ) has accomplished what Bollywood couldn't in two decades —bring Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Sridevi on screen together.

The two former Bollywood queens bonded like long-lost friends at the grand finale of JDJ. They were colour-coordinated and performed together to Mere Haathon Mein Nau Nau Choodiyan Hain (Sri's popular song from Chandni) and Dhak Dhak Karne Laga (Madhuri's popular track from Beta).

Madhuri played perfect host to Sri right from guiding her to her seat in the judging panel to making her feel at ease while performing on stage. She praised Sri's acting and wished her luck for her comeback movie, English Vinglish. In fact, the rapport between the two was there for all to see, as the actresses hugged and chatted between dances.
About her experience on the show, Sri said, "It was fun, like always." So, which is her favourite performance of Madhuri? "It would be a tough choice, but I like Dhak Dhak Karne Laga the most," she said. Sri got the male contestants grooving with a rousing performance of Rang Bhare Baadal Se (Chandni).
The men in Mads and Sri's lives stood by the sidelines cheering their better halves on. Madhuri's husband Sriram Nene was spotted smiling through all of his wife's dances. While Sridevi's husband Boney Kapoor was present, he chose not to be seen on camera. He even requested the cast and crew not to inform Sridevi about his presence.
Watch this episode of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on Sunday at 8 pm on Colors.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Madhuri-Sridevi-share-stage-for-the-first-time/articleshow/16555875.cms?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweets

#79 - Posted on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#80 - Posted on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#81 - Posted on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Jackie Shroff was toughest to dance with, says Madhuri Dixit

Dancing diva Madhuri Dixit says among all her co-stars, she found it toughest to groove with Jackie Shroff. And it wasn't so because he had two left feet.

During the shooting of the forthcoming grand finale of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5, judge Karan Johar made co-judge Madhuri Dixit, and special guest Sridevi, go through a rapid fire round, said a source.

He asked them: "Which co-star was the most difficult to dance with - Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff or Sunny Deol?"

Sridevi played safe and named her brother-in-law Anil, and said: "Anilji is family, so I don't think he will mind if I take his name."

Madhuri Dixit recalled an experience of dancing with Sunny and Ajay Devgn on each side.

" Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke was a movie that I had done and we were shooting an out an out dance number where I had Ajay on my right and Sunny on my left. They were both really nervous and they said we'll follow you, and I can tell you, we all did a lot of offbeat dancing, but it was great fun," she said.

But when Karan Johar taunted them both for achieving a Ph.D in diplomacy, Madhuri Dixit opened up and said: "I think I will have to say Jackie, not because he couldn't dance, but because I couldnt look in his eyes... He made me blush whenever I tried. Even when we were shooting Ram Lakhan, and I would sing Oh Ram ji, I would blush," she said.

The finale of the show is set to be aired on Colors Sep 27.

#82 - Posted on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi's prime-time coup

It was like a dream come true for most true-blue cinefans, as one-time arch rivals, Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi came together on a dance reality show. This, say industrywallahs, was nothing short of a coup of sorts.

And all eyes were rivetted on the two divas as they met each other at the grand finale of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5. But it was no face-off as they seemed at ease with each other.

Says an onlooker, “If there was any of the animosity between the two stemming from years of being each other’s rivals at the BO, they did not show any trace of it and there was no undercurrent of competition either as they greeted each other rather cordially. One also couldn’t help but notice that both were even dressed in similar coloured outfits.”

As for what the two ladies spoke, a source on the sets reveals that they both stuck to niceties.

“There was absolutely no discussion about their films at all, except when Madhuri wished Sridevi success for her upcoming English Vinglish,” adds the source. Celebrity judge filmmaker Karan Johar and director Remo D’Souza too seemed thrilled to have Sri on the show and even got the two actresses to dance on each other’s hit numbers.

“First Madhuri danced with Sri on her song from Chandni, Mere Haathon Mein Nau Nau Chudiyaan Hain, and then Sri danced with Madhuri on Dhak Dhak. It was such a treat to see them performtogether. Karan and Madhuri even got Sri to say the dialogue, Jaani yeh chaaku hai(a la actor Raj Kumar) from her film Chaalbaaz much to the amusement of all the contestants and the judges,” adds the source. Interestingly, Madhuri had earlier danced on Sri’s hit Kaante Nahin Kat Te number during the promos of the show. After the shoot, Sri is also said to have met Madhuri’s parents, husband and two sons, who had accompanied Madhuri on the sets of the reality show. Tweeting about the show, Sri posted: “Had a lovely time shooting for Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, don't miss the grand finale on Sunday, 30th September.”

#83 - Posted on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
KJo’s rapid fire for Sridevi and Madhuri

With two Indian divas Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit on the same stage for the first time ever in the history of Indian television, filmmaker Karan Johar decided to turn anchor and quiz the two ladies in his rapid fire round on a dance reality show. KJo asked them the following
questions.

Which is your favourite genre??
Sridevi: Comedy
She also said a few lines from her hit comedy film, Chalbaaz, “Jaani yeh chaku hai, lag jaye toh khoon nikalta hai.” Karan said it was a hysterical scene that had to be recreated.
Madhuri: Romance
To this, Karan said, “Haan, romance toh tumhe sab mein daalna hai, aakhir Dil to Paagal Hai.”

Which co-star was the most difficult to dance with? Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff or Sunny Deol?
Sridevi: “Anil ji is family, so I don’t think he will mind if I take his name”.
Madhuri: “I think I will have to say Jackie, not because he couldn’t dance, but because I couldn’t look in his eyes… He made me blush whenever I tried. Even when we were shooting Ram Lakhan, and I would sing, ‘Oh Ram ji’, I would blush.”

Who’s the better dancer? Hema or Rekha?
Sridevi: I think Madhuri ji.
Madhuri: “We will answer your question if you answer ours… Rani or Kajol? Who’s your favourite?” Karan replied, “You caught me, I can’t answer this, I would have to say Kareena.”

Out of the 3 Khans, Aamir, SRK and Salman, who is the better dancer?
Sridevi: ‘Apne three Student of The Year ke actors mein who’s the better dancer?’
Madhuri: “None of them are trained dancers. Each have their own characteristics that help them. For Amir, it’s his sheer hard work. For SRK, it’s his style and Salman has his own masti that helps him look good. All are charismatic in their own ways.

#84 - Posted on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:35 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Witness Madhuri Dixit's 'Lavani' after a decade on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa!

Madhuri Dixit, who has been an inspiration to many actresses who attempt 'Lavani' will be seen doing this Maharashtrian folk dance after a decade at the Grand finale of Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa.

Adorning a pink Maharashtrian 'naveri' with a gold 'nathh' and a conspicuously big 'bindi' on her forehead, this Marathi 'mulgi' is reported to have already allured everyone present on the sets. The actress looked completely stunning and classy.

In spite of the presence of all the elements that were needed to make the grand finale extraordinary, something seemed incomplete and it was fulfilled by Madhuri’s 'Lavani' performance . Madhuri Dixit got this 'mahamanch' and she made it as vivacious and lively as one could imagine, by performing to three lively songs including 'Main Kolhapur Se Aayi Hun', Apsara Aali and Hichki'.

Enamoured by the way Madhuri did every single move of hers while shooting for this Lavani performance, everyone including the choreographer Harshal seemed to be in awe of her elegance and finesse. The kind of perfectionist Madhuri is and the passion she has for dancing, the actress was seen keeping a check on each step she did, on the monitor. She learnt the steps in no time and the energy she showcased while shooting was so contagious that this late night shoot was also full of vigour and verve.

#85 - Posted on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#86 - Posted on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit’s Marathi thaska

She is the original dancing diva, who has been a source of inspiration for many actresses. We are talking about Madhuri Dixit, who besides dancing with Sridevi, will be seen performing the traditional Maharashtrian folk dance lavani in the grand finale episode of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Draped in a pink navari sari with a gold nathh and a big bindi on her forehead, this Marathi mulgi mesmerised everyone present on the sets when she danced to her hit number Main Kolhapur se aayi hu, after a decade. She also performed on other popular songs Apsara Aali and Hichki. The dances were choreographed by Harshal who seemed to be in awe of her, says a source.

“Madhuri learnt the steps in no time and it was shot late on Tuesday night, after shooting for the regular episode the entire day. But she didn’t look tired at all. She just changed into the costume and put in all the efforts to make the episode special. After every step she was seen giving her own inputs, as she is a trained dancer. Her energy and enthusiasm was contagious. Seeing her dance, the audience couldn’t stop clapping and whistling,” adds the source.

Madhuri's husband Sriram Nene was by her side through the rehearsals and the shoot. “He was the one who kept her spirits up by rooting and cheering for his lovely wife,” says a source from the sets. In fact, after every shot Madhuri would go to her husband who was sitting with the production head and ask him if it was looking alright. “It was really sweet to watch them together,” says the source. The finale episode will be aired this Sunday.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_madhuri-dixits-marathi-thaska_1746704

#87 - Posted on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:04 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
The 90′s rivals, Madhuri and Sridevi bond like thick friends

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, a Dance reality show, saw a very rare sight recently. The stage had the 90′s rival, Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi shake a leg together. The two divas bonded like thick friends. There was so much of beauty on stage.
What interested us was that the outfits that both the actresses adorned were also color coordinated. They grooved to the popular 90′s number, Mere Haathon Mein Nau Nau Choodiyan Hain and Dhak Dhak Karne Laga.
Mad’s and Sridevi were very cordial with each other, with Madhuri playing the perfect host. Not just guiding Sridevi to her seat but also making the actress comfortable on stage while dancing, Madhuri did an amazing job. She also was generous in showering praises on Sridevi and wished her good luck for her upcoming film, English Vinglish.
Their rapport was a feast to the eyes with both Madhuri and Sridevi, hugging, chatting and dancing together.
Lookes like Sridevi enjoyed herself while on the sets of the dance reality show. She said, “It was fun, like always.”
What surprised us was that Sridevi, a media shy person, is actually seen promoting her film English Vinglish with so much confidence and ease.

You can post this "The 90′s rivals, Madhuri and Sridevi bond like thick friends" image that's above on your blog/forum using following codes:

http://picspoon.com/2012/09/29/the-90%E2%80%B2s-rivals-madhuri-and-sridevi-bond-like-thick-friends/

#88 - Posted on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#89 - Posted on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:32 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#90 - Posted on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:29 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Jhalak dikhla gaya: Sridevi and Madhuri’s master class for aging actresses

The Jhalak Dikhla Jaa finale on Sunday night on Colors was less about the dancing and more of a watch-and-learn tutorial for our current crop of has-been actresses on how to be, or not, from the prima donnas of yesteryears. Since the producers of the show realised that their line-up of unrecognisable celebrity dancers might not be enough to draw in the audience – especially on a night when Pakistan and India were playing cricket – they made the most of Sridevi being on a PR sprint for English Vinglish, and invited her on as a guest judge.

As a result, for the last two weeks this coup of getting the two rivals Madhuri and Sridevi on the same stage was hyped up. What it resulted in was a master class in celebrity dos-and-don’ts by the stars. So what could our actresses, present-continuous and past-perfect, learn from them?

1. When you hit 40 plus, keep the girls in. You have to give it to Madhuri and Sridevi, they could teach a thing or two about elegance to our thespian and page-3 ladies. Realising that the Indian female body, especially after a certain age, is not meant to be squeezed into mini-dresses, unless you want to look like a tranny, the ladies were togged out in sarees with blouses which looked like blouses and not bras. And simply put, they looked stunning. There were no unseemly pendulous breasts on display, and neither of the women looked 25 neck-down and 70-plus neck-up. Although I have to admit that this is more a lesson for our geriatric industrialist wives who seem to be picking out dresses from their granddaughter’s cupboards.

2. Be a clever nip/tucker.
Michael Jackson noses, foreheads you can bounce pebbles off, and waistlines which would put a 16-year old to shame seem to be par for the course if you’re making a comeback. Madhuri Dixit, commendably, seems to have embraced her love handles and crow’s feet. And while she does look remarkably young, she also looks remarkably similar to what she looked like before she left to become a housewife and vacuuming expert on foreign shores. If she’s had any little tweaks, as far I could tell on television, they’ve been done uber-carefully.

The same, sadly, cannot be said for Sridevi whose forehead did not crinkle and whose smile did not stretch beyond a centimeter on either side of her mouth. You felt the mirror and Sridevi might crack if she strained her lips beyond that centimeter. That she and Shilpa Shetty and Minissha Lamba and Koena Mitra share the same Jacko nose, proves that Michael Jackson is a little part of all of us. My advice would be to take a leaf out of Madhuri’s book and tweak yourself, but discreetly. Because the nose knows what the nose knows.

3. Second time’s a charm
. This is a lesson best learnt from Sridevi. There’s nothing wrong with dating a married man, that too someone filmy. Keep up the ice princess demeanour, and no journalist will have the temerity to write anything nasty about you. And when you get hitched, bow out gracefully, have children if you want, keep a low profile – and suddenly, like a miracle, return to centre-stage looking hotter than you ever were. Far classier than keeping on romancing star producers and pretending that you’re not. Although I admit that almost all our actresses who managed to hook men on their second wind, from Raveena to Karisma to Shilpa, seem to have followed in Sridevi’s footsteps with a practiced ease.

4. Leave, before you become a pumpkin. Our present lot of thespians seems to refuse to step out of the limelight. So if no one will make films with them, they’ll make films starring themselves and looking more wax-worklike than even David Gest. And they’ll agree to act opposite any hero who needs a ticket to Bollywood. Or agree to act in horror films where the length of their clothes is directly proportionate to the size of the film’s budget. Our actresses seem to believe that if Khans Can Act (till he’s 60), So Can They. But Bollywood and the fickle audience does not make for a world of equals.

Madhuri and Sridevi were smart. Once they realised that their moment in the sun was becoming shorter and shorter, they simply stopped acting. No vile dances with strange actors, or self-produced films which are destined for failure because you can’t distinguish the hero from the extras. They didn’t put themselves or the audience through the misery. So go forth and prosper. Find yourself a rich, successful man, preferably living abroad, so that you can age normally without waiting to exhale. Then come back to Indian shores when the time is right, looking new as the day you were launched.

5. Make a clever comeback. If there’s one thing that Sridevi and Madhuri have proven, it’s that they know their limitations. So while Madhuri did have the small hiccup we know as Aaja Nach Le, she still played the role of a woman in her 30s in the film. Not that of a 20-something dancing diva in France or of a nubile 20-year-old looking to get married or of a woman reborn multiple times, that too in 3-D. Just to treble the audience’s trauma. Even S & M realised that there’s only so much suspension of disbelief that you can will your audience into. So Madhuri came back, husband and kids in tow, to play celebrity host and brand ambassador. And Sridevi has chosen a role which seems to make the most of her comic talent and show her playing her age. So while we all know she can dance like a dream, we don’t have to see her try and do a Sheila ka Jawaani.

Every cloud has a silver lining and every show has a little learning. Sadly for Jhalak, the learning wasn’t in the dancing. But it has provided a yeowoman service for our evergreen actresses. And 10/10 for that.

(Disclaimer: Jhalak Dikhla Jaa aired on Colors, which is part of the Network 18 group. Firstpost is also part of the Network 18 group)

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/jhalak-dikhla-gaya-sridevi-and-madhuris-master-class-for-aging-actresses-474651.html

#91 - Posted on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#92 - Posted on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 pm

View user profile

hecknyed

Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-12-15
Luskamralus wrote:Jhalak dikhla gaya: Sridevi and Madhuri’s master class for aging actresses

The Jhalak Dikhla Jaa finale on Sunday night on Colors was less about the dancing and more of a watch-and-learn tutorial for our current crop of has-been actresses on how to be, or not, from the prima donnas of yesteryears. Since the producers of the show realised that their line-up of unrecognisable celebrity dancers might not be enough to draw in the audience – especially on a night when Pakistan and India were playing cricket – they made the most of Sridevi being on a PR sprint for English Vinglish, and invited her on as a guest judge.

As a result, for the last two weeks this coup of getting the two rivals Madhuri and Sridevi on the same stage was hyped up. What it resulted in was a master class in celebrity dos-and-don’ts by the stars. So what could our actresses, present-continuous and past-perfect, learn from them?

1. When you hit 40 plus, keep the girls in. You have to give it to Madhuri and Sridevi, they could teach a thing or two about elegance to our thespian and page-3 ladies. Realising that the Indian female body, especially after a certain age, is not meant to be squeezed into mini-dresses, unless you want to look like a tranny, the ladies were togged out in sarees with blouses which looked like blouses and not bras. And simply put, they looked stunning. There were no unseemly pendulous breasts on display, and neither of the women looked 25 neck-down and 70-plus neck-up. Although I have to admit that this is more a lesson for our geriatric industrialist wives who seem to be picking out dresses from their granddaughter’s cupboards.

2. Be a clever nip/tucker.
Michael Jackson noses, foreheads you can bounce pebbles off, and waistlines which would put a 16-year old to shame seem to be par for the course if you’re making a comeback. Madhuri Dixit, commendably, seems to have embraced her love handles and crow’s feet. And while she does look remarkably young, she also looks remarkably similar to what she looked like before she left to become a housewife and vacuuming expert on foreign shores. If she’s had any little tweaks, as far I could tell on television, they’ve been done uber-carefully.

The same, sadly, cannot be said for Sridevi whose forehead did not crinkle and whose smile did not stretch beyond a centimeter on either side of her mouth. You felt the mirror and Sridevi might crack if she strained her lips beyond that centimeter. That she and Shilpa Shetty and Minissha Lamba and Koena Mitra share the same Jacko nose, proves that Michael Jackson is a little part of all of us. My advice would be to take a leaf out of Madhuri’s book and tweak yourself, but discreetly. Because the nose knows what the nose knows.

3. Second time’s a charm
. This is a lesson best learnt from Sridevi. There’s nothing wrong with dating a married man, that too someone filmy. Keep up the ice princess demeanour, and no journalist will have the temerity to write anything nasty about you. And when you get hitched, bow out gracefully, have children if you want, keep a low profile – and suddenly, like a miracle, return to centre-stage looking hotter than you ever were. Far classier than keeping on romancing star producers and pretending that you’re not. Although I admit that almost all our actresses who managed to hook men on their second wind, from Raveena to Karisma to Shilpa, seem to have followed in Sridevi’s footsteps with a practiced ease.

4. Leave, before you become a pumpkin. Our present lot of thespians seems to refuse to step out of the limelight. So if no one will make films with them, they’ll make films starring themselves and looking more wax-worklike than even David Gest. And they’ll agree to act opposite any hero who needs a ticket to Bollywood. Or agree to act in horror films where the length of their clothes is directly proportionate to the size of the film’s budget. Our actresses seem to believe that if Khans Can Act (till he’s 60), So Can They. But Bollywood and the fickle audience does not make for a world of equals.

Madhuri and Sridevi were smart. Once they realised that their moment in the sun was becoming shorter and shorter, they simply stopped acting. No vile dances with strange actors, or self-produced films which are destined for failure because you can’t distinguish the hero from the extras. They didn’t put themselves or the audience through the misery. So go forth and prosper. Find yourself a rich, successful man, preferably living abroad, so that you can age normally without waiting to exhale. Then come back to Indian shores when the time is right, looking new as the day you were launched.

5. Make a clever comeback. If there’s one thing that Sridevi and Madhuri have proven, it’s that they know their limitations. So while Madhuri did have the small hiccup we know as Aaja Nach Le, she still played the role of a woman in her 30s in the film. Not that of a 20-something dancing diva in France or of a nubile 20-year-old looking to get married or of a woman reborn multiple times, that too in 3-D. Just to treble the audience’s trauma. Even S & M realised that there’s only so much suspension of disbelief that you can will your audience into. So Madhuri came back, husband and kids in tow, to play celebrity host and brand ambassador. And Sridevi has chosen a role which seems to make the most of her comic talent and show her playing her age. So while we all know she can dance like a dream, we don’t have to see her try and do a Sheila ka Jawaani.

Every cloud has a silver lining and every show has a little learning. Sadly for Jhalak, the learning wasn’t in the dancing. But it has provided a yeowoman service for our evergreen actresses. And 10/10 for that.

(Disclaimer: Jhalak Dikhla Jaa aired on Colors, which is part of the Network 18 group. Firstpost is also part of the Network 18 group)

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/jhalak-dikhla-gaya-sridevi-and-madhuris-master-class-for-aging-actresses-474651.html

For all the Madhuri fans, this is a breezy blow to the interior of Madhuri dome of the brain, a salutary satisfaction, and for me, as well,certainly. But my apprehension is on coin's other side, Mrs Sridevi has got her comic crown, then what left for Mrs Dixit "dhak-dhak"!!! Some scientific curatives and undergarments render those 40 plus mothers a 30s look.....but no way to play the girlie little Romeo Juliet....
One thing I am sure Mrs Sridevi is not that fit in the race......Queen Madhuri has that latka-jhatka.....men,no need to be boy,will be definitely will getting a blow off......Mrs Dixit is over the top to light on the chirag of the wanton her men-followers.....
Mrs Dixit is a package of beauty-graces-talents-sensuality... and for all time Mrs Mrs Sridevi has to compromise her defeat over sensuality.

#93 - Posted on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:11 am
View user profile

Sponsored content

#94 - Posted

Page 4 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum