Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » MD Tele Show-Jhalak Dikhlaja 7 » Jhalak 5 with madhuri Dixit?

Jhalak 5 with madhuri Dixit?

Page 3 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8433
Registration date : 2008-10-24
KBC winner Sushil Kumar in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

Sushil Kumar, who made history by winning the Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) jackpot of Rs five crore in 2011, is the 13th contestant on the celebrity dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Kumar's name has been kept a carefully guarded secret so far. Even during the press conference of the show, the channel revealed only 12 contestants to the media and followed by an announcement that the 13th contestant of the show, a surprise package, happens to be one amongst us - a commoner who became an overnight sensation.

Other contestants on the show are Sanath Jayasuriya, Giaa Manek, Pratyusha Banerjee, Talat Aziz, Jayati Bhatia, Shibani Dandekar, Archna Vijaya, Darsheel Safari, Ravi Kishen, Gurmeet Choudhary, Bharti Singh and Isha Sharvani. The show is launching tomorrow at 9 pm on Colors.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/KBC-winner-Sushil-Kumar-in-Jhalak-Dikhhla-Jaa/articleshow/14149641.cms

#51 - Posted on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:52 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
A jhalak of what’s in store tonight
From crorepati to a dancing star
Neha Maheshwri Bhagat

His desire to learn a new art prompted him to participate in the fifth season of Colors’ Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (JDJ). Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) season five winner, Sushil Kumar, is the 13th contestant on JDJ. “I decided to participate in the show because I want to learn dance. I’ve never danced in my life. The best part of participating in this show is that yeh log khila pila ke dance sikhate hain,” says Sushil adding, “I’ve told my choreographer Alisha not to expect too much from me. I will try to win the show but my main motive is to learn the art well enough and to be able to dance at my friends’ weddings.”
It was at his wife’s insistence that he agreed to participate in the show. And now the guy expectantly nervous, says, “Main apni aankh band karke dance karunga.” Incidentally, his choreographer panicked when she realised that Sushil knows nothing about dance. “Alisha told me about ballet and I instantly asked, ‘Bail (ox) wala dance karna hai?’,” jokes he. Though it’s a new territory for him, Sushil says he can manage every dance form except parts where he has to lift his partner. Says he, “You see my size and you will understand where I am coming from.”
This Bihar guy has a co-participant hailing from the same region in Bhojpuri superstar Ravi Kishan. Won’t there be conflict amidst the viewers about whom to vote since both are from the same region? “It’s good to be emotional but not to the extent that it influences your voting. Viewers must support the one who is better than the other.”

MERI AWAAZ SUNO: Judge Madhuri Dixit-Nene gets the audience swaying to her tunes as she sings on the show

AAJ MAIN OOPAR, AASMAAN NEECHE: Isha Sharvani’s aerial act with choreographer Salman will be a treat to watch. Her mother Daksha Seth was present to cheer for her.

WAIT! I CAN SING TOO: Sanath floored everyone with his singing skills. Both Madhuri and Sanath will be seen crooning the tamil song Surangini…

RAJNIKANT’S CHAMMAK CHALLO: Bharti will showcase some daring Rajnikant’s moves as she turned Sajnikant to perform to Chammak Challo

BONDING OVER DANCE: Sushil Kumar was elated to meet his favourite Bhojpuri superstar Ravi Kishan and were seen talking in Bhojpuri all along…

#52 - Posted on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:24 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
I married Madhuri Dixit in my dreams: KBC's Rs. 5-cr winner

Sushil Kumar, the winner of Kaun Banega Crorepati 5, is set to put on his dancing shoes to impress Madhuri Dixit, who is judging Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa, a dance reality show on Colors.
The 26-year-old admits that she is the reason he accepted the show's offer, keeping his IAS exam
preparation on hold. "I was in Class 7 when I bought her poster. I married her in my dreams back then. I'm getting goosebumps while getting ready to dance before her," he said.

Kumar appeared on KBC 5 last year and took home the highest-ever prize money won on an Indian TV show. He has become a household name in Bihar's Motihari town, where he owns land, has built homes and businesses for his brothers and father, and has saved enough money to continue studying for the IAS.

"I haven't quit my IAS aspirations. A common man like me would never get a chance like this to share the stage with such popular artistes, which is also why I decided to step out of my comfort zone and dance. Once I'm through with this show, I'll start studying again," he said.

The one-time schoolteacher, who was never drawn to reality shows, said, "I'm an introvert. I've never danced in my life. Even when I went to my friends' weddings, I would hide before someone dragged me to shake a leg," laughs Sushil. "Now, I'll have to dance. My father, who was unsure when I told him about the show's offer, will be proud when he watches me tonight."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Mumbai/I-married-Madhuri-Dixit-in-my-dreams-KBC-s-Rs-5-cr-winner/Article1-873634.aspx

#53 - Posted on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:19 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Is 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' season 5 really bigger and better?

New Delhi: Indian version of television show ‘Dancing with the Stars’, ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ is back with its fifth season. Actress Madhuri Dixit, director Karan Johar and choreographer Remo D’Souza have been chosen to judge the contestants this time.

There are 13 contestants on the show which includes, Darsheel Safary, Archana Vijaya, Isha Sharvani, Sanath Jayasuriya, Gurmeet Choudhary, Talat Aziz, Shibani Dandekar, Ravi Kishan, Jayati Bhatia, Pratyusha Banerjee, Bharti Singh, Gia Manek and Sushil Kumar.

Before becoming a judge on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4’, Madhuri was seen hosting a TV show titled ‘Kahina Kahi Koi Hai’ in 2002. Her television comeback helped ‘Jhalak’ in grabbing more eyeballs last year. However, this time only Madhuri’s presence won’t help the show.

The opening episode of season five looked no less than an award function. With a huge set and an impressive lineage of celebrities, viewers were bound to be hooked to the show. Stars like Sonu Sood, Ayushmann Khurrana, Malaika Arora Khan and others were invited to introduce the contestants. However, the two-hour, star-studded show left many confused about who were actually the contestants.

The second episode of the show started with an electrifying performance by Madhuri Dixit and Remo D’Souza. It seems Karan Johar was forced to dance as he looked hardly interested. And then, it was the celebrity contestants and their choreographers who tried to impress the audiences with their moves.

Without any doubts, Talat Aziz turned out to be the worst performer on the show. No wonder he was at the bottom of the score card. To garner some votes for the singer, Madhuri requested him to sing. ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’ is little disappointing when it comes to variety. Out of the 13 contestants, four are small screen actors and two hardly known anchors. After watching Ravi Kishan for almost three months during ‘Bigg Boss’, probably viewers are not too excited with his presence on the show. And, if the production house really wanted to bring a common man on the show, organising a talent hunt would have been a better idea. ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ winner Sushil Kumar is no less than a celeb now.

Stand-up comedian Bharti Singh turned out to be one of the most entertaining celebrities. Apart from a good performance, she tried to woo viewers with her funny one-liners too. Sanath Jayasuriya who doesn't even understand Hindi, showcased some impressive Bollywood moves. Let’s see for how long he can survive on the show.

The biggest problem with celebrity reality shows is that they fall short of interesting contestants after a few seasons. No wonder we see the same people on different reality shows. Do you think ‘Jhalak’ will pass this test or will sink like ‘Nach Baliye’?

‘Jhalak’ should probably experiment with some new choreographers now. Its little boring to see the same faces year after year. It’s tough to sit through a two-hour television show, so the duration can be another disadvantage for ‘Jhalak’. Let’s wait and watch what the future episodes have in store for us.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/is-jhalak-season-5-really-bigger-and-better/266692-44-124.html

#54 - Posted on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5: The stars aren’t on the dance floor

It’s that time of the year again, when the Indian television gods rain down a torrent of reality shows on our heads. Indian Idol is back on air with its sob stories, Anu Malik’s multi-coloured clothes and a suddenly demure Sunidhi Chauhan. And so is the latest season of our tribute to Dancing with the Stars.

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa returns with an A-list line-up of judges who represent quite a coup: Madhuri Dixit, Karan Johar and Remo D’souza. For once it’s a line-up of judges which makes perfect sense: an actress with unmatched dancing talent, a director who can spot a star a mile away, and a well-known choreographer who knows the ins-and-outs of dancing like few others.

The first thing that strikes you about the show is the large amount of moolah which has been spent. The sets are lavish – the opening acts had as many effects and props as the Filmfare awards. And the presence of Kjo and Madhuri must be costing a bomb. The contestants, however, run the gamut from the top of the celebrity pile and go right down to its bottom.

The curtain-raiser on Saturday was all about introductions. Malaika Arora introduced the endearing comedian Bharti Singh. Terrence Lewis introduced Remo. Vicky Donor’s Ayushman introduced the two hotties of the show – Archana and Shibani Dandekar. And the best of the lot, Sanath Jayasuriya was introduced by Bhajji dancing on a suspended 15 foot cricket bat. (This was my favourite bit as it’s nice to see a show which celebrates other countries in the subcontinent, instead of indulging in the usual jingoistic nonsense).

The soap stars – Pratyusha, GIaa and Jayati — were introduced by a woman I’m assuming plays a wicked snobby mother-in-law in one of their soaps because they put on a skit where she bossed them around and said and did things which would have driven Germaine Greer insane.

My secret heart-throb, Sonu Sood, introduced Isha Sharvani, who seemed to be channeling the avatar of her character in Kisna. I kept thinking that Viveik Oberoi would suddenly appear on stage riding a stallion, chased by Salman. Also: Madhuri did look awfully pleased to see Sonu Sood, which I found a little disconcerting.

Shaan introduced poor Talat Aziz who looked totally out of sorts. Ravi Kissen was introduced by Rakhee Sawant, who I thought he’d beat with his mike because she refused to let him complete a single sentence.

And then as a good plug for Teri Meri Kahaani, Madhuri introduced Priyanka Chopra who sang, danced, gyrated and then introduced Darsheel Safary. This was only fitting since he’s the same height as her Teri Meri Kahaani co-star Shahid.

By the end of the gala first episode, viewers were likely confused about who the contestants were, as opposed to the hosts and the guests.The sense I got was that the guest stars were Jhalak’s true dream contestants, and they were just making do with the rest. The rumour that some of the stars are there are as part of endorsement deals might be true – going by the fact that Bournvita had a neat plug of their drink when Safary appeared.

There was a little suspense – if you can call it that – thrown in for good measure. This time around there is a 13th star, an aam aadmi who was finally revealed in episode 1. I wondered if this was a Make-A-Wish kind of thing, where some misguided sod hopes to take part in Jhalak before he breathes his last. But no such luck – the 13th contestant turned out to be Sushil Kumar, a past winner of Kaun Banega Crorepati.

As for the first episode, the only thing that stood out was Madhuri’s opening dance, which was spectacular as usual. Ash should take a cue from Madhuri and learn how to make the most of her curves. KJo, who seems to always wear ill-fitting suits, performed in a skit where he mostly swung his arms around. We finally got to see the choreographers, who tend to be more fun than the contestants. Although Talat Aziz’s choreographer did look a little distraught at her punishment posting and definitely deserves an award for managing to make him move even an inch.

The person who stood out was Bharti Singh, who should be a role model for all those girls who seem obsessed by their weight. She’s fat, and entirely okay with being so, cracking the most fabulous jokes about her weight. And she dances like a dream. Jayasuriya is adorable, cannot dance to save his life and does not understand a word when the judges speak to him in Hindi. He was seen chatting up hotty Shibani after he’d finished dancing!

The two hosts – Manish and Ragini (who happens to be Govinda’s niece) – are quite good and possess a practiced ease. But other than a handful of the contestants, the main draw will be the judges. Jhalak faces the same handicap as its American avatar, Dancing with the Stars. At the end of the day, there are only so many stars to choose from. So come season 3 of any programme, there’s no one left to cast. But do watch it once, just to see Jayasuriya dance before he gets eliminated. And to revel in Madhuri’s jhatkas and matkas.

Rajyasree Sen is a bona fide foodie, culture-vulture and unsolicited opinion-giver. In case you want more from her than her opinions, head to www.foodforthoughtindia.blogspot.com and order some delicious food from her catering outfit. If you want more of her opinions then follow her at @rajyasree

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/jhalak-dikhla-jaa-5-the-stars-arent-on-the-dance-floor-347587.html?fb_ref=.T99grjWpSZM.like&fb_source=home_oneline

#55 - Posted on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#56 - Posted on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:05 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Mumbai: The Hindi film industry is devoid of a distinctive style of dance, says dancing queen Madhuri Dixit, who feels Bollywood has become a melting pot of all forms of the art.

"I think Bollywood is an amalgam of all dance styles. Bollywood has no style of its own. The style is a cliche. There are so many dance styles all over the world and we get to see them all in one song itself. So this is Bollywood's specialty," Madhuri told IANS in an interview.

"As soon as new styles come in, like hip-hop is becoming popular now, you see dancers amalgamating it into our own dancing. The dance forms get a Bollywood twist and it becomes a new style. So Bollywood is always incorporating not just Indian and folk, but western dances too," she added.
Madhuri, who feels it is an 'exciting' time for Bollywood, is credited with dance hits like 'Humko aaj kal hai', 'Dhak dhak', 'Ek do teen', 'Que sera sera', 'Kaahe chhed mohe' and 'Aaja nachle'. In each of these numbers, she has showcased the variety she is capable of.

The diva took a break from showbiz when she married US-based surgeon Sriram Nene and shifted to Denver from Mumbai to start a family. Now she is back in tinsel town for good, and judges celebrity participants on dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5'.

She looks as fit as ever, and her skin glows even more. What's the secret?

"It's just the discipline. You have to be disciplined. I dance regularly and exercise. One has to be fit. One thing good is that I have no bad habits! So for me it's a healthy lifestyle all the way," she said.

On the small screen, she was last seen on the judge's seat in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4', and she admits "TV is an immediate way to get in touch with your fans."

"Thousands of households have a TV and it is great that I can be in so many houses at a time. It's so wonderful," she added.

The 45-year-old is also ready for her new innings in Bollywood with two films - Anubhav Sinha's 'Gulab Gang' and Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', and she is upbeat about both projects.

"It's definitely an exciting time. Bollywood has taken a leap. The audience has matured, they are ready to see different kinds of subjects and topics and different kinds of films are being made. People who have stepped in are extremely professional and so everything is done professionally," said Madhuri, last seen on the big screen in 2007 movie 'Aaja Nachle'.

She clarifies 'Gulab Gang' is 'nothing about gangsters', adding: "It's about a group of women who help other women and help solve problems that nobody else can solve. That's what fascinated me about the film... because it is all about woman power."

For 'Dedh Ishqiya', a sequel to 2010 hit 'Ishqiya', Madhuri said: "It can't really be called a woman-centric movie as there are four important characters in the movie, I'm looking forward to working with Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah. I'll be working with him in a meaningful role after a long time."

In the meantime, she says her family, including her husband and kids, Arin and Raayan, has settled well in Mumbai.

"For me, it wasn't difficult. I've grown up here. For my husband and my kids it was tough. But they have adjusted very well. They love the food. My husband loves the dhaba food," she added.

#57 - Posted on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#58 - Posted on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Sanath, Madhuri do a Sri Lankan jig
Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit matched steps with legendary cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya as they grooved together to popular Sri Lankan dance form Baila on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Last week, Madhuri requested Sanath to sing a Sri Lankan song for her, and this time around it
was Madhuri's turn to return the favour. As the cricketer requested Madhuri to do some steps of Baila along with him, the actress instantly obliged.

She learned the steps from him and both of them did a Baila style jig on popular song Twist from the movie Love Aajkal.

Bowled over by Sanath's sportsman spirit, even other judges, filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer Remo D'Souza, couldn't stop themselves and joined them. The episode will be aired Sunday on Colors.

#59 - Posted on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
I’m in the show for Madhuri: Sushil Kumar

The aam admi from Motihari, Bihar, Sushil Kumar, who turned a star overnight by winning Rs. 5 crore in the TV quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) last year, has been entertaining viewers with his dance moves on the reality show — Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa — over the last two
weeks.

However, the simpleton says the reason he is in the show is because of actor Madhuri Dixit, one of the judges of the show. “I never even dreamt that I could ever meet her. Unhe bar bar dekhne ka dil karta hai,” he says.

The 28-year-old admits that this is the first time he is dancing with poise. “Pehle dost mujhe zabardasti dance karate thay shaadion mein, tabb main beizzat hokar dance karta tha. Yeh pehli baar main izzat se dance kar raha hoon,” says Kumar, who left his job after winning KBC, and has been preparing for the National Eligibility Test ever since.

“Before I entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on Colors, my friends told me that I will return with a broken limb and back, considering my poor dancing skills, but it was my wife who was excited about the idea of seeing me again on TV,” says Kumar. So, is he nervous? “Yes, I am. That’s why I close my eyes often while dancing,” he says. “Mujhe apni choreographer Alisha par taras aata hai ki usse mere jaisa anadi partner mila!” jokes Kumar.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Television/I-m-in-the-show-for-Madhuri-Sushil-Kumar/Article1-881353.aspx

#60 - Posted on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Dancing with the stars

n a country where dance and music are an integral part of cinema, it is quite natural for a reality show on dance to be immensely popular. More so, if the contestants themselves are celebrities from different walks of life. Little wonder then, that Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, a dance contest on Colors, judged by none other than Madhuri Dixit, is a hit this season as well.

What brings Madhuri back to Jhalak Dikhla Jaa? “I guess it is my love for dancing which brings me back year after year,” she says with her trademark smile. “My sons feel that I am very strict with my marks, so I will be more liberal this time,” she adds.

Madhuri appears to have lost a lot of weight. Quiz her about that, and she is quick to respond, “I guess there is no mystery behind my lean look. I’ve just been dancing a lot. I’ve always loved dancing since my childhood and my parents have never stopped me from pursuing that. I continue with it even today.” With the dhak dhak girl raising the mercury level on the sets, the broadcasters and makers of the show have little to worry about TRPs.

Along with the diva, choreographer Remo Dsouza and ace filmmaker Karan Johar will also judge the show. While Remo has been judging dance reality shows for quite some time, this will be a first time for Karan Johar. What made him say yes to the show?

And what will be his contribution towards judging? The suave filmmaker explains his point of view, “I will be judging the overall feel and presentation. In my career, I have been involved in almost 300 songs. It is obvious that I will be looking at the overall package. For the technical aspects, Madhuri and Remo are there.”

Karan is also known to have personally choreographed many close friends’ sangeets at their weddings. Is he expected to dance in this show at any point? “I won’t, because I can’t dance the way others can! Farah (Khan) and Remo (D’Souza) are choreographers first and filmmakers next. It’s easier for them. In fact, I will talk to Farah soon and ask her for some tips . She is an amazing choreographer and we are lucky to have her.”

It is a known fact that Karan Johar is a huge fan of Madhuri Dixit. Who, apart from her, does Karan rate highly on the dancing front? “Kajol,” is his reply. “There is something about her moves which is very lively and refreshing. It adds a lot of meaning to the song.”

There are debates and discussions on how reality shows are being rigged and scripted for TRPs. What are his views on this? “I don’t know what works for TRPs. I just know that I have to judge this show with complete honesty and be as unbiased as I can be,” says Karan.

There is no denying the fact that it will be a delight to watch these judges on the show. But the participants are no less exciting.

A number of them would have never expected to see themselves on stage, dancing to different numbers! Sample the list — famous singer Talat Aziz, cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya, television star Pratyusha Banerjee, Gurmeet Chowdhury, Bharti Singh, film actress Isha Sharvani and some others. This season’s Jhalak Dikhla Jaa will also see child-actor Darsheel Safary of Taare Zameen Par fame as one of the contestants. Ravi Kishan, famous Bhojpuri actor, is also part of the show, as is Sushil Kumar, the person who won Kaun Banega Crorepati last year.

The show, interestingly, will also have Madhuri performing in a special segment. Explains the diva, “There will be a Madhuri’s ‘Step Of The Week’ in every episode, which the contestants will have to follow.”

Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa appears to be a Madhuri Dixit show all the way, but then, who’s complaining?

#61 - Posted on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:15 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#62 - Posted on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:59 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit has reigned the hearts of movie-buffs for over 20 years now. As she is judging Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5, we probe her a bit about the show.

When we asked if Madhuri always wanted to get back with Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa for this season? "Dance is an extension of my personality. The reason why I said yes to Jhalak the first time and even now is that I love dance. For me, dancing is a lifestyle... a way of life. When the second season was offered to me, I was more than happy to be a part of it. Wherever there is dance, you will find Madhuri there, one step forward! And this season is special with a good line-up of contestants."

About her takeaways from last season, Madhuri shares, "I have always believed that there is no one on this planet who can't dance. One just has to let go of one's inhibitions. Jhalak is about non-dancers shedding their inhibitions. Dance is an expression of life... of sorrows, joys and emotions, and all through the last season, I saw the contestants coming out there and dancing like no one was watching them. That's been my biggest takeaway from Jhalak.... Also, the unpredictability of the format and the show in general is what hooks me. I remember in the first season, someone who was counted as a good dancer would do a misstep often, while a less fancied contestant would come up with a super performance and stun all of us."

And what's her say on Karan Johar as co-judge for this season? She says it with her signature melodious laughter, "Well, now I can have coffee with him without having to answer those sticky questions! Karan is superb to work with and though we haven't done a movie yet together, I am happy that I am getting to work with him in Jhalak."

#63 - Posted on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:24 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Karan Wahi in Jhalak?

Karan Wahi in Jhalak? Popular actor Karan Wahi, who was last seen in Sony TV's Kuch Toh log Kahenge produced by Rajan Shahi, has been approached to enter celebrity dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa as the wild card entrant.

The actor, we hear, has started rehearsing for the same. Actor Eijaz Khan too was approached by the production house but things couldn't materialise at the end. Wahi is expected to enter in two weeks time.

#64 - Posted on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:56 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Dubai: Young Vikyath to Perform in Madhuri Dixit's 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'

Dubai: Young Vikyath to Perform in Madhuri Dixit's 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'

Shodhan Prasad
Daijiworld Media Network - Dubai

Dubai, Jul 11: Vikyath Vijay Poojary, a Mangalorean, is all set to perform on Indian television, perform in front of none less than the dancing diva and queen of Bollywood herself - Madhuri Dixit!

Vikyath and his dance partner Hitesh Rajani have qualified to perform in the celebrity dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', after winning the 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa - UAE Extravaganza-2012' contest. The auditions were held at Hyatt Regency Deira Dubai on June 8, and out of the many participants, 12 pairs were selected for the finals, among which were Vikyath and Hitesh.

Vikyath and Hitesh put up a patriotic act with the message 'Borders divide people, but inside, we all are the same - human beings'. They performed to the tunes of a remixed version of two songs - Maula Mere Le Le Meri Jaan (Chak De India) and Bandhey (Black Friday). Judge Rajeev Khinchi said he was speechless and that it was flawless dancing from the duo.

Meghna Naidu, the other judge said she was in love with their dancing and with both of them. The judges even liked the fact that such a wonderful message came through their dancing. Results were announced and Vikyath and Hitesh were adjudged winners. They have now got an opportunity to go to Mumbai and perform with Madhuri Dixit in her show in the month August.

Born in Mangalore in the Karnataka state of India, Vikyath Vijay Poojary moved to Mumbai early in life, and joined St Anthony's High School, Vakola. After passing high school in Mumbai in 2009 with a high first class, he moved to Dubai's Gulf Indian High School. He passed senior secondary examination under CBSE board in 2012 with 81 percent. Vikyath is now enrolled at Manipal University Dubai for mass media and communications studies.

Vikyath's father Vijay S Poojary, a professional chef working for Emirates Flight Catering Dubai, the world’s largest flight kitchen, is flattered by his son's performance. Vikhyath's mother, previously a successful pastry chef, now dedicates all her time to the family and home. "My parents are very supportive and it is because of their motivation and support that I got ready to perform in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa - UAE contest. I will try my best to win the title," says Vikhyath.

Vikyath currently dances with a Dubai dance group 'Show Stoppers' led by Sarah Pinto and Sajith Babu. He has performed with many celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Mohit Chauhan, Jal (Pakistani band), Usha Uthup, Shakti Mohan (Dance India Dance winner), Shreya Goshal, Javed Ali, Roma and Bhavna (Malayalam actress) all over the UAE as a part of the group.

He is also a part of hip hop dance crew ‘Mysidia Crew’ which specializes in Bboying (break dancing). This is a group with members that have unique abilities, moves, flips and styles.

This apart, Vikyath had also participated in 'Boogie Woogie Internationals - UAE' held in Dubai in the year 2010 and won the competition which was judged by well-known Bollywoood dance guru Saroj Khan.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=143296

#65 - Posted on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Pratyusha takes Judges down Memory Lane!
Saturday, July 14, 2012 | 2:48:23 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) Comments 5 Comments
Pratyusha takes Judges down Memory Lane!
The act performed by Pratyusha and Deepak takes the judges of Jhalak down the memory lane….

Entertainment, Entertainment and Entertainment is to be seen in tonight's episode of Colors TV dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 - Dancing with the stars. The contestants of Jhalak have been given Entertainment, Entertainment and Entertainment as today's theme.

The dancing duo Pratyusha Banerjee and Deepak will take the judges down the memory lane by acting on one of the most popular cartoon characters of television – Olive and Popeye. Despite of her ill-health, Pratyusha successfully performed her best acting on some of the most popular songs of Karishma Kapoor.

Her act impressed the judges and they praised her performance. The judges also shared their childhood inspiration stories borne out of the cartoon series.

Going down the memory lane, Madhuri Dixit shared her strong dislike for spinach. Seeing the amount of strength it gave Popeye, made her love spinach creating a cause of relief for her mother.

Remo Dsouza shared that the strength from spinach motivated him to take up the high energy dance hobby which ultimately led him to become a choreographer. With the judges enjoying Pratyusha's performance, this entertaining act was bound to create waves among the audiences as well.

#66 - Posted on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:25 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Tushar Kapoor reminds Madhuri of Jeetendra
When the Teen ka Tadka challenge with Tushar Kapoor was given to Bharti, little did she know that she would be recreating the past while impressing Madhuri to the core.

As Bharti along with her choreographer, Savio and Tushar Kapoor took to the stage while performing to Jeetendra’s famous song Naino Mein Sapna and Tushar’s hit tracks from Golmaal and his upcoming movie Kya Super Kool Hai Hum, the judges realized that they were in for a visual treat as they sat back and enjoyed the thrill of this exciting act.The judges along with Tushar’s co-star Riteish Deshmukh were extremely impressed by the trio’s fact. In fact, Madhuri complimented Tushar by saying that his dance skills recreated memories from his father, Jeetendra’s movies and songs. Madhuri further shared some interesting anecdotes about her experiences while shooting with Jeetendra back in the days and even danced with him a la Sridevi.

The rest of the judges also complimented the trio on a performance well-executed. With Jeetendra's 'lil one' impressing the judges with his dancing skills, it's was clear that his partner-in-crime this week - Bharti - will continue to show her dancing wonders for weeks to come!

#67 - Posted on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:48 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
I go blank when Madhuri praises me: Salman

Salman Yusuff Khan is basking in the "full marks" fame these days it seems. Karan Johar, Madhuri Dixit and Remo can't help but give him full marks every time he performs.

The celebrity dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Ja again saw full marks being awarded to the contestants Salman Yusuff Khan and Isha Sharvani. Khan and Isha are fifth time lucky and this time the challenges were more because it was Teen Ka Tadka where a third contestant joined the duo. For Salman and Isha it was actor Karanvir Bohra. Though Salman was lucky to be paired opposite a trained dancer like Isha, it is not always a cakewalk for the choreographer who shot to fame with another dance reality show.

"For me it was the most stressful and hectic week, because both Karanvir and Isha were not well and they were on medication. We got two days for our rehearsals. The first day went in deciding the song and the choreography style and the second day was spent in rehearsals. We were not even sure of getting full marks at the technical rehearsal." And was it more tiring for him to conceptualise a theme every week and then execute it perfectly? "I am a performer and my job is to come up with a better concept and better act every week. I have never run away from hard work and being unique in my act is my forte and after taking so much effort you can only hope for the best. Audiences and judges are entitled to their own opinion and I am happy that till date they have been happy."

This week Salman also got special comments from the diva herself. "Madhuri Ma'am told me 'Salman you are simply the best, what else can we expect from you.' It really made me numb. I go completely blank when Madhuri praises me."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-go-blank-when-Madhuri-praises-me-Salman/articleshow/15090688.cms

#68 - Posted on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:56 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#69 - Posted on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator