Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » MD Tele Show-Jhalak Dikhlaja 7 » Jhalak 5 with madhuri Dixit?

Jhalak 5 with madhuri Dixit?

Page 1 of 4 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11

After endorsing culinary channel FoodFood, launched by star chef Sanjeev Kapoor earlier this year, actor Madhuri Dixit has moved on to promote a newly launched Hindi general entertainment channel called Life Ok. The channel went on air on Sunday with a couple of fiction shows and one non-fiction
show, the controversial chat show Sach Ka Samna 2.

“The channel’s ideology is pretty much like mine. I live for the present, and never think too much about what I need to do for a secure future. This channel also propagates the same thought. It appealed to me. And I came on board,” says Madhuri, adding, “My deal with FoodFood was meant be for a small duration. And it’s over. I did my bit. I feel bad I couldn’t been there for the finale of my show FoodFood Mahachallenge, but that happened because they miscalculated the date requirements. I was planning to shift base to India by then. So, I couldn’t have squeezed the finale in.”

MadhuriAs a brand ambassador, the actor had a show to judge on the food channel. When asked if she would be doing another show on Life Ok, she smiles, “Not right now. But never say never! I could produce a soap or a non-fiction show. I could also be part of a show that someone else produces for them. Right now, I’m the channel’s sutradhar (narrator).”

So, is she being the modern Dadamoni? “No, no,” laughs Madhuri. “Ashok Kumarji is the most iconic sutradhar on TV. I’m nowhere close. Even my role on this channel is different. I appear once a day on any show and leave the audience with questions that they should ask themselves but they never do. And mind you, answers to some of these questions can change one’s life.”

Before shifting base to Mumbai, Madhuri had said she is in talks for Jhalak Dikkhlaa Jaa 5 on Sony Entertainment, Life Ok’s rival. Is that offer still open?

“Yes, our talks are still on. I’d love to do that show and I’m sure I’ll do it. It worked for the channel and it satisfied me because I’m passionate about dance,” says Madhuri, adding, “We’re only stuck on the dates. Once that’s cleared, I’ll ensure my duties here and my job there don’t interfere with each other. I won’t sideline any channel’s interests for sure.”

#1 - Posted on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit-Nene has given her nod to judge "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa" this year as well.

However, the show, which was with Sony till last season, has now changed channels. "This year, the show will be aired on Colors.

It will be easier now that Madhuri has shifted to India, and she needn't leave for the US after every shoot schedule, which was the case last season," said a source."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Madhuri-Dixit-to-judge-Jhalak-Dikhla-Jaa/articleshow/11859800.cms

#2 - Posted on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:51 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Is Madhuri Dixit really necessary for ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’?

The rumours can be put to rest. Madhuri Dixit Nene will be back to judge Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa this year. There had been a lot of speculation about her return ever since she was declared as the brand ambassador and sutradhaar of Life Ok, a new channel that is competing with Sony and other Hindi General Entertainment Channels (GECs). JDJ has aired on Sony for the past four seasons and it didn’t seem likely that we will get to see Mads on it. However, we hear the situation has now changed. JDJ has gone the Bigg Boss way – it will be aired on Colors from this year. The guys at Colors don’t seem to have any problems with Madhuri’s professional affiliations to a comparatively new channel. All they are looking at is the increased number of eyeballs that Madhuri will bring to their show making it a success for them.

Somehow, we are not quite convinced about that. First of all, the novelty of factor of seeing Madhuri on the small screen judging a show is no longer there. More than that, the important question is: what did Madhuri bring to JDJ season 4? Good clothes, a couple of performances and her famous smile. She commended almost all participants: the good ones gave ‘mindblowing’ performances while the not-so-good ones ‘made a good effort’. She doled out hugs and encouraging words but hardly offered any constructive criticism, which she should do as a judge. So we wouldn’t say her coming back is exciting enough for us to watch the show.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/is-madhuri-dixit-really-necessary-for-jhalak-dikhhla-jaa/

#3 - Posted on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#4 - Posted on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#5 - Posted on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:08 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Jhalak now with colors

Colors snaps up Jhalak from Sony. Reality shows are jumping channels. Or at least, channels are keen on snapping established formats from rivals. Sony picked up KBC after Star Plus terminated the contract with the show’s format owner three years ago. But it also lost Fear Factor and Bigg Boss to Colors four years ago. Now, Sony has lost Jhalak Dikhla Jaa to Colors that was eyeing the format for a while.

Not that Sony wanted to let go the popular show so easily. But, according to an informed source, it didn’t want to go ahead with the show’s fifth season immediately as planned earlier because the sixth season of India Idol was overdue. The last season of Indian Idol happened two years ago and delaying it further could have meant losing the format to another channel.

Since Sony, which is on a new high as the No, 2 channel has its weekday prime time fully occupied with fiction shows and didn’t want to disturb the fiction line-up anymore, the channel was not keen on a fresh season of Jhalak immediately. Incidentally, the last seasons of Jhalak and Indian Idol were aired on weekdays. Sony was also finding it difficult to accommodate Jhalak on the weekends because its weekend is also loaded with well-established performing shows like CID, Comedy Circus and Adalat.

With Indian Idol slotted for weekend telecast post-IPL, there was no place for Jhalak till next year. But BBC, the show’s format owner, didn’t want to wait. “Jhalak is BBC’s only popular format in India. Since the last season delivered best ratings, BBC didn’t want to wait for another year though it had waited for nearly two years earlier after season 3 delivered the lowest ratings,” says an informed source.

On the other hand, Colors is struggling with its non-fiction shows and has a weak weekend band. “After the debacle of Bigg Boss recently, Colors has been aggressively looking out for new reality shows. With Ring Ka King also not doing well, Jhalak being an established show was a tempting buy for Colors,” says another source.

Meanwhile, with the show now having moved to another platform it will get a makeover. Madhuri Dixit will continue with the show as judge but Jhalak will have a fresh look and style. But will it deliver similar ratings as last season? It will be interesting to watch whether Sony’s loss will be Colors’ gain?

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/jhalak-now-colors-096

#6 - Posted on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:16 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Rekha to join Madhuri?

Bollywood's original diva is close to being finalised to judge a dance reality show alongside the "Dhak Dhak" girl

That Madhuri Dixit Nene will once again be a judge on the dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa" is known, but what's not is that the channel had been trying to get Rekha to be a co-judge on the show as well.

The original diva of B-Town was initially reluctant to take up the show, but now it seems she is interested. Initial talks have taken place but she is yet to sign the contract. The deal is expected to be finalised some time next week.

Divulges a source from the channel, "We had to really pursue Rekha and she has finally agreed to be a part of the show. Things are almost finalised and we are looking forward to having her sign the contract soon. We are keeping our fingers crossed, as her presence will really boost the show. Stand up comedian Krushna Abhishek and Kavita Kaushik aka Chandramukhi Chautala are likely to host the show."

While Rekha was unavailable for comment, this is not the first time she has been approached to do a TV show. In the past she was offered other reality shows and even a serial, but she declined the same. This time, she seems keen. We wonder if it's an offer that's too good to resist?

#7 - Posted on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#8 - Posted on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:54 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit pays tribute to Meena Kumari

Madhuri Dixit has been making news for her Bollywood comeback for a while.

But before returning to a film set, the dancing diva will make an appearance on TV with a tribute to yesteryear superstar Meena Kumari, who wooed viewers with her graceful moves in Thade Rahiyo from Pakeezah,which released in 1972.

“Madhuri chose this very song to pay tribute to the 60s star in the first promo of upcoming dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, which she is judging,” says a source who was present on the show’s sets over the weekend, when the song was shot.

While shooting the promo, Madhuri, who wore a shimmering pink Anarkali outfit, bowled everyone over with her performance.

The source says, “The song was choreographed for Saroj Khan. It was a dream-come-true for Madhuri as she always dreamt of doing something like that. She completely enjoyed the dance and was very excited about this performance."

"She was completely engrossed in it," the source adds.

The actor, who left for America after the shooting, will now start work on her film projects — Vishal Bhardwaj’s Dedh Ishqiya and Soumik Sen’s Gulab Gang.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Television/Madhuri-Dixit-pays-tribute-to-Meena-Kumari/Article1-848522.aspx

#9 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 2:17 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
thanks for the article... can't wait to watch the promo bounce

#10 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
The Tatler: Madhuri Dixit’s tribute to yesteryear divas

Madhuri Dixit Nene is all set to pay a tribute to the yesteryear divas by performing on songs spanning from the ’70s to 2012. No, it’s not for a film but a TV show, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (the show shifted from Sony to Colors),that Madhuri is celebrating the spirit of dance. Incidentally, Madhuri is judging the show this time too.

Saroj Khan, who has choreographed all the hit Madhuri songs from Ek to teen, Humko aaj kal to Atrah baras ki, is designing the dance sequence.

Says Saroj Khan, “Working with Madhuri again feels wonderful.It’s exactly how you feel when your kid comes back from boarding school. I have seen her grow up from her Ek do teen days.” About the promos, she adds, “I have had a chance to work through the eras. Earlier, expressions and movements used to define a choreographer’s style. Through this performance with Madhuri, we are going to bring that era alive."

#11 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 11:04 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri does the Pakeezah number for Jhalak Dikhala Jaa 5

Mumbai : Bollywood star Madhuri Dixit has done the famous Pakeezah number 'Thade Rahiyo' for the fifth edition promo for Jhalak Dikhala Jaa, the popular dance reality show.
In the first look promos for Jhalak Dikhala Jaa 5, Madhuri will be seen giving her tribute to the divas of yesteryears starting with the 60s superstar Meena Kumari.

Having popularized the dance form of Mujra, Meena Kumari is considered as one of the most prominent actresses, tragedienne and best dancers of her era.

The song Thade Rahiyo from Pakeezah is one number which mesmerized cine lovers and now, it is with this very song, that Madhuri pays homage to Meena Kumari.
In the dance number, Madhuri will be seen donning a 70s style tight churidaar salwar kameez and pulling off a brilliant dance number on Mumtaz's evergreen track, Motiyon ki ladee hoon main.

Our honey and cream complexioned beauty will be seen in a cute peach salwar kameez accentuating her figure and complementing her distinct beauty.

It was for the promo shoot of the upcoming dance show, Jhalak Dikhla Ja on COLORS, that Madhuri dons a yellow chiffon saree to bring back those feverish, sensuous memories of Sri Devi driving the country wild in the 80s with her expression of pent up desire in the phenomenally popular song, Kaate Nahee Kate.
The promo recreated the distinctly anticipatory flavour of the song, complete with strong winds teasing the delicate saree.

#12 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 12:37 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#13 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 1:14 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#14 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri to Meena Kumari

For everyone who has wanted to dance like the dhak dhak girl, Madhuri Dixit, here’s a chance to take some tips. The actor will celebrate the spirit of dance in the promos of her celebrity reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja 5 that goes on air on Colors post the Indian Premier League (IPL). The channel
has recently acquired the rights to the show, which is now in its fifth season. And this time, to woo the audience in a novel manner, the promos of the dance show that go on air this week, will see Madhuri pay tribute to yesteryear dancing divas.

In the first one, the actor will don the look of ’60s superstar Meena Kumari, who popularised mujra as a dance form in her films. The 45-year-old star will sway to the iconic track Thade Rahiyo… from Pakeezah (1972). Dressed in a shimmering pink anarkali outfit, Madhuri’s expressions and style will be completely retro. In the second promo, she will be dressed in ’70s style, in a tight churidaar-kurta, shaking a leg to the hit Mumtaz number, Motiyon Ki Ladee Hoon Main….

Explaining why the channel chose to bring back memories of the veteran actors, Manisha Sharma, weekend programming head, Colors, says, “Our on-air promo team thought of this concept wherein Madhuri would pay tribute to various eras’ dances; and she was more than happy to do so. Our celebrity judge’s philosophy is simple, Naacho Aise Jhoom Ke, Ki Bas Kho Jao, she says. And we agree with her that one should shed all inhibitions and dance like there is no tomorrow.”

Other than the yesteryear evergreen tracks, Madhuri will also groove to contemporary songs like Kissi Disco Mein Jayein… from Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Chammak Challo… from RA.One and Kolaveri Di… from 3.

Though there is no official word on the 12 participants yet, but the names of TV actors Avika Gor, Meghna Malik, Jiaa Manek, Vishal Singh and Karan Singh Grover are doing the rounds. The two remaining judges too are yet to be locked.

#15 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#16 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 3:46 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit pays homage to Meena Kumari

The ever-smiling and elegant Madhuri Dixit is not only returning to the big screen. The actress is also returning as a judge on popular dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’. BizAsia has learnt that, as part of her appearance, she recently paid tribute to the beautiful Meena Kumari in a special performance that is sure to wow the audiences when it is finally shown on the small screen.

Dixit handpicked the song ‘Thade Rahiyo’ from the classic ‘Pakeezah’ (1972) which was, of course, the last film of Kumari’s before her untimely death. According to the Hindustan Times, a source who witnessed Dixit’s tribute said, “Madhuri chose this very song to pay tribute to the 60s star in the first promo of upcoming dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, which she is judging”.

It is thought that the 44-year-old stunned the viewers with her graceful moves, dressed in a pink Anarkali outfit. “It was a dream-come-true for Madhuri as she always dreamt of doing something like that… She was completely engrossed in it,” the source went on to reveal.

It definitely seems that viewers are in for a treat with the forthcoming season of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’. We’ll have to sit tight until the colourful show begins.

http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/madhuri-dixit-pays-homage-to-meena-kumari

#17 - Posted on Wed May 02, 2012 2:21 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri To Meena Kumari

Mumbai, May 1 -- For everyone who has wanted to dance like the dhak dhak girl, Madhuri Dixit, here's a chance to take some tips. The actor will celebrate the spirit of dance in the promos of her celebrity reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja 5 that goes on air on Colors post the Indian Premier League (IPL). The channel has recently acquired the rights to the show, which is now in its fifth season. And this time, to woo the audience in a novel manner, the promos of the dance show that go on air this week, will see Madhuri pay tribute to yesteryear dancing divas.

In the first one, the actor will don the look of '60s superstar Meena Kumari, who popularised mujra as a dance form in her films. The 45-year-old star will sway to the iconic track 'Thade rahiyo...' from Pakeezah (1972). Dressed in a shimmering pink anarkali outfit, Madhuri's expressions and style will be completely retro. In the second promo, she will be dressed in '70s style, in a tight churidaar-kurta, shaking a leg to the hit Mumtaz number, 'Motiyon ki ladee hoon main...'.

Explaining why the channel chose to bring back memories of the veteran actors, Manisha Sharma, weekend programming head, Colors, says, "Our on-air promo team thought of this concept wherein Madhuri would pay tribute to various eras' dances; and she was more than happy to do so. Our celebrity judge's philosophy is simple, 'Naacho aise jhoom ke, ki bas kho

jao,' she says. And we agree with her that one should shed all inhibitions and dance like there is no tomorrow."

Other than the yesteryear evergreen tracks, Madhuri will also groove to contemporary songs like 'Kissi disco mein jayein...' from Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, 'Chammak challo...' from RA.ONE and 'Kolaveri di...' from 3.

Though there is no official word on the 12 participants yet, but the names of TV actors Avika Gor, Meghna Malik, Jiaa Manek, Vishal Singh and Karan Singh Grover are doing the rounds. The two remaining judges too are yet to be locked.

http://india.nydailynews.com/sportsarticle/f244ddc86e851273b8da8d810ac6b3ea/madhuri-to-meena-kumari

#18 - Posted on Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri revisits Meena Kumari's Pakeezah with Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa 5

If dance is about grace then Madhuri Dixit is the epitome of grace. We have seen so many eras go by and many actresses have left us with a lasting impression with their addas, but the one that has stood out and is ever green is the one and only Madhuri Dixit. From her days of dhak dhak in Beta to Dola Re Dola in Devdas, Madhuri has always captivated us with her million dollar smile, poise and dance. And now that she is back in India for good, it is great news for all Madhuri fans as this timeless beauty is all set to celebrate the spirit of dancing with Jhalak Dikhla Ja 5 on COLORS.

In the first look promos for Jhalak Dikhala Jaa 5, Madhuri will be seen giving a tribute to the divas of yesteryears starting with the 60's superstar Meena Kumari. Having popularized the dance form of Mujra, Meena Kumari is considered as one of the most prominent actresses and best dancers of her era. The song Thade Rahiyo from Pakeezah is one number which mesmerized us and now, it is with this very song, that Madhuri pays homage to Meena Kumari. The promo will see Madhuri in a shimmering pink anarkali outfit performing to the song in true Meena Kumari style. Madhuri's smile lit up a thousand faces around her and she floored everyone on the sets while shooting the promo with her poise, her mastery over dance and her cheerful and loving presence. And when Madhuri dances, it's not just her feet… her expressive eyes, the twitch of an eyebrow, the serene smile and the swish of her gait...it all combines to truly depict what dancing from the heart really encompasses! After all, that was exactly the message she was trying to convey through the promos.

The sets replicate the Pakeezah look completely - from the fountains to the pond with floating candles, lights etc. Her expressions and style on Thade Rahiyo O Baanke Yaar is definitely going to leave everyone wanting to see more! There is no doubt that Madhuri is one actress who can do a disco and a mujra with the same finesse and lan.

#19 - Posted on Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#20 - Posted on Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
'Proud to see Madhuri as a judge of a dance show'
Saroj Khan on her favourite student Madhuri Dixit as they work together again after a hiatus

It was yesterday once more for Madhuri Dixit and Saroj Khan as the duo got together to shoot for the promos of a dance reality show at Filmistan Studios over the weekend. The actress and the choreographer share a special bond that goes back to when Mads was an upcoming actress and Saroj a leading choreographer.

The two feels that the music’s beats connect them. The veteran choreographer has always admitted that Madhuri has been her favourite. According to her, Mads understands the steps exactly and the way she wants them to be done — even before she can fully explain it. And even today, the star feels guilty if she skips a step in front of her guru!

Saroj Khan with Madhuri Dixit at the promo shoot of a dance show

About working with Madhuri again after a hiatus, Saroj says, “It feels exactly how you feel when your child comes back from boarding school. I have seen her grow from her Ek Do Teen days and I am proud to see my student as a judge for a dance show.”

She adds, “I have had a chance to work through the past several decades. In earlier days, expressions and movements defined a choreographer’s style. This is what Madhuri and I are bringing alive. No one can beat her expressions.”

For the two-day shoot, the Dhak Dhak star would begin filming for each segment by touching Saroj’s feet while the latter showered every bit of attention on her special student. Each shot was okayed only after the choreographer was satisfied and with Mads it wasn’t so particularly difficult — as she always got everything right in one take!

For the promos, the choreographer has made Madhuri dance to songs of actresses including Meena Kumari, Mumtaz and Sridevi.

Off to the US
Immediately after the shoot, Madhuri Dixit left for the US for a family holiday. The actress is slated to return by May-end when the shooting for the show starts. So far Mads only has been confirmed while the hunt for the other two star judges is still on.

#21 - Posted on Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
First Promos of ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja’ 5 Spell bounding

The first promos of dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja’ season 5 have showcased on television with spell bounding performance of Madhuri Dixit Nene. Jhalak Dikhla Ja is a show in which celebrities perform with professional dance partners on a highly competitive scale. Madhuri Dixit had judged the previous season of the show along with Remo D’Souza and Malaika Arora Khan and this season is her comeback show on TV. The show previously been aired on Sony will be broadcast on Colors this year and has Madhuri as one of the judges, the name of other judges still undisclosed. The promo features Madhuri performing on one of the songs of yesteryear’s actress Meena Kumari. Madhuri Dixit performs with the same expressions as Meena Kumari. From her looks to dance moves Madhuri reminds of Meena Kumari. According to sources Madhuri will be seen saluting Mumtaj & Sridevi as well in the coming promos. Thus by just showing a jhalak Madhuri has won accolades and made it tough for the contestants to win hearts of judges and audiences. We hope that these promos are just a prelude to a great show and good entertainment is on its way.

#22 - Posted on Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit gives tribute to Meena Kumari

If dance is about grace then Madhuri Dixit is the epitome of grace. We have seen so many eras go by and many actresses have left us with a lasting impression with their addas, but one from the few have stood out and is ever green - Madhuri Dixit.

From her days of Dhak Dhak in Beta to Dola re Dola in Devdas, Madhuri has always captivated us with her million dollar smile and poise. And now that she is back in India for good, it is great news for all Madhuri fans as this timeless beauty is all set to celebrate the spirit of dancing with Jhalak Dikhla Ja 5.

In the first look promos for Jhalak Dikhala Jaa 5, Madhuri will be seen giving a tribute to the divas of yesteryears starting with the 60’s superstar Meena Kumari.

Having popularized the dance form of Mujra, Meena Kumari is considered as one of the most prominent actresses and best dancers of her era. The song Thade Rahiyo from Pakeezah is one number which mesmerized us and now, it is with this very song, that Madhuri pays homage to Meena Kumari. The promo will see Madhuri in a shimmering pink anarkali outfit performing to the song in true Meena Kumari style.

Madhuri's smile lit up a thousand faces around her and she floored everyone on the sets while shooting the promo with her poise, her mastery over dance and her cheerful and loving presence. And when Madhuri dances, it's not just her feet… her expressive eyes, the twitch of an eyebrow, the serene smile and the swish of her gait...it all combines to truly depict what dancing from the heart really encompasses! After all, that was exactly the message she was trying to convey through the promos.

The sets replicate the Pakeezah look completely - from the fountains to the pond with floating candles, lights etc. Her expressions and style on Thade Rahiyo O Baanke Yaar is definitely going to leave everyone wanting to see more! There is no doubt that Madhuri is one actress who can do a disco and a mujra with the same finesse and élan.

http://fridaymoviez.com/bollywood/news/madhuri-dixit-gives-tribute-to-meena-kumari/31243

#23 - Posted on Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit and Saroj Khan relive old days

t was yesterday once more for Madhuri Dixit and Saroj Khan, as the duo got together to shoot for the promos of a dance reality show in Mumbai.

The actress and the choreographer share a special bond that dates back to the days when Madhuri Dixit was an upcoming actress and Saroj Khan was a leading choreographer in Bollywood.

The veteran choreographer has always admitted that Madhuri has been her favourite. According to her, the actress executes the steps exactly the way Saroj Khan wants them to be done. And even today, the star feels guilty if she skips a step in front of her guru.

About working with Madhuri Dixit again after a hiatus, Saroj Khan said, "It feels exactly how you feel when your child comes back from boarding school. I have seen her grow from her Ek Do Teen days and I am proud to see my student as a judge for a dance show."

She added, "In earlier days, expressions and movements defined a choreographer's style. This is what Madhuri and I are bringing alive. No one can beat her expressions."

For the promos, the choreographer has made Madhuri dance to songs of actresses including Meena Kumari, Mumtaz and Sridevi.

Immediately after the shoot, Madhuri Dixit left for the US for a family holiday. The actress is slated to return by May-end, when the shooting for the show starts.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20120201794&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood&nid=206162

#24 - Posted on Fri May 04, 2012 9:56 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit pays tribute to Meena Kumari, Mumtaz and Sri Devi with Jhalak!

This season of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa is surely going to be a tough call for all the contestants as this time around dancing won’t be a simple affair.

If one goes by the promos of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 5 to be aired on Colors, it can be seen that dancing diva Madhuri Dixit, as the judge of the reality show, has already made it clear what she expects from the contestants.

The promos of the show are shot with great excellence with Madhuri paying tribute to yesteryear beauties in her own graceful ways. Very first promos of Jhalak takes the viewers dive back into the times of Pakeezah where Madhuri is seen bringing alive the grace and sophistication of Meena Kumari in the song Thade Rahiyo O Baanke Yaar. Though the promo version has been choreographed by the ace Saroj Khan but Madhuri has tried her best to imitate each and every move of Meena Kumari from the classic song with sheer perfection.

Not only has she given tribute to Meena Kumari but has also paid honor to Mumtaz and Sri Devi. Dressed in a figure-hugging, 70s-style, tight, peach-colored churidaar salwar kameez, Madhuri can be seen dancing to Mumtaaz’s popular song Motiyon Ki Ladee Hoon Main, with absolute aptness and élan. Next in line comes the vivacious Sri Devi, whom Madhuri has re-lived with the song Kaate Nahi Kate from Mr. India. Clad in a see-through sari, she has done full justice to this Sri Devi number, which still fantasies many.

The promos are a sure shot delight to be watched and promise a worth watching dance battle!

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Madhuri_Dixit_pays_tribute_to_Meena_Kumari_Mumtaz_and_Sri_Devi_with_Jhalak-gid-13072-gc-16.html

#25 - Posted on Sat May 05, 2012 3:22 am

View user profile

Sponsored content

#26 - Posted

Page 1 of 4 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum