Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

» Bollywood » Actors » Salman Khan

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Bollywood » Actors » Salman Khan » Sher Khan

Sher Khan

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2011-02-04
Sher Khan is an upcoming Hindi language action adventure set in a jungle. The film will be produced and directed by Sohail Khan. This will be Sohail's 5th collaboration with his brother Salman khan. Salman Khan was confirmed to play the lead role by Sohail Khan but the female lead of the film has to finalised yet, even thought there are some rumours that Salman Khan may team up with the Rockstar girl Nargis Fakhri. Says a source “Sohail either wants a fresh face or he wants his brother to pair up with Nargis. This might be a 3D movie, "Only after the final draft of the script is ready we will decide if it has scope for 3D or not", The producer of the movie, Sohail Khan said. Also Bipasha Basu is going to do a sizzling item song in the film

Cast
  • Salman Khan
    Nargis Fakhri

Production
This will be Salman Khan's first 3D venture. Though 'Sher Khan' will be shoot in Assam & Bengal, the Khan brothers will shoot in Thailand to avoid running into trouble with animal activists. Sohail says, “It’s very difficult to obtain permissions and shoot without getting sued by animal activists in India. That’s why we are applying for permissions in Thailand.” In the flick there are few scenes which need Sallu to act with a real tiger. Producer Sohail Khan is planning to shoot a scene where Salman is seen with a tiger in Thailand.

Filming
Filming begins at the end of 2011 or at the start of 2012. Salman Khan was going to shoot for Ek Tha Tiger and 'Sher Khan' together, Somehow the producers of both films had mutually made a schedule for Salman to shoot both the films in the same period, But because the producer of 'Ek Tha Tiger' is going to be shoot in loads different locations, Salman Khan will be shooting for 'Ek Tha Tiger' first and then start 'Sher Khan'. The film is set to release next year on Eid ul-Fitr 2012.

Salman Khan in a 3D movie, that would be a wonderful experience

#1 - Posted on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 pm
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Salman Khan's composer proteges vying for same space in Sher Khan

It isn’t easy being the master of destinies. As if one musician-turned-actor Himesh Reshammiya was not enough of an issue to resolve for, now Salman Khan has two musicians in his mammoth durbar trying to catch his attention for acting roles.

Himesh started as composer for Salman’s films and graduated to playing a leading man in films that were designed to accentuate Himesh’s potential as a singing star. Now that he’s back into Salman’s fold, we hear there’re attempts to tap his yearnings as an actor. Himesh might be cast in a major role in Salman Khan’s home-production Sher Khan, which Sohail Khan is directing.

Himesh denies any plans of acting in any film of Salman. But the whispers that Salman would accommodate Himesh’s acting aspirations along with his compositions into the Khans’ home productions is growing.

A source tells Businessofcinema.com, “Sher Khan is being designed as a film for Salman’s young fans. Himesh too is liked by kids. He is being seriously considered for the part of Salman’s friend in Sher Khan.”

However, there's one hitch. There’s the other composer-protege of Salman with acting aspirations. He is Sajid, one-half of the Sajid-Wajid duo. Sajid nurses ambitions of being an actor and has already featured in his mentor Salman’s film Wanted as one of his three sidekicks.

Interestingly Sajid sported a cap like Himesh did in 2006-2007 throughout Wanted. An indication of the space that Sajid would like to occupy?

Sajid is open to more acting projects and is in fact looking forward to a role in Sher Khan.

Says the composer, “If I get the chance to act alongside Salman bhai, why not? My brother and I are passionate about music. But I also enjoy acting. Yes, I played Salman bhai’s friend in Wanted. And if I get a chance again I’ll most certainly grab it. As for being in Sher Khan, it’s too early to say.”

With both Himesh and Sajid vying to be composer-actors in Salman Khan’s camp the rivalry between the two factions is only going to toughen. May the best musician win.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=18985

#2 - Posted on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 pm
View user profile

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum