Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

» Bollywood » Actors » Salman Khan

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Bollywood » Actors » Salman Khan » Salman Latest News

Salman Latest News

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

sumi

Admin
Admin
Female
Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-04-09
"Show starts on 3rd on UTV STARS ! Salman is the first guest as I needed the best Body Guard in the world 2 fight all the Villians. :-)Ting !"-Preity Zinta

so dont forget to watch guyz Up Close and Personal with PZ Smile

#1 - Posted on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 pm

View user profile http://www.madhuridixitnene.net

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2011-02-04
Salman Khan leaves goes to US for treatment

MUMBAI: Bollywood actor Salman Khan on Monday night flew to the US for treatment for an acute neurological condition ( trigeminal neuralgia). The actor on his way to airport tweeted - "Chalo guys am on my way to fix the short circuit in my nerve. (sic)" Salman had earlier postponed his plans to travel to the US for treatment due to Hurricane Irene.

Salman will undergo two surgeries within four days and miss action in Mumbai for almost a month. According to a source close to the family, "the first surgery is likely to take place on August 30 and after a gap of four days a second one will be done."

The actor was first scheduled to leave for the US on Saturday but had to postpone it due to cancellation of flights because of Hurricane Irene. Salman, who will miss the release of his new film 'Bodyguard' this week, said he is an extremely painful condition. He confessed that there are times when he starts screaming in pain. "While shooting for Partner seven years ago, Lara Dutta touched the right side of my forehead. I felt I had been struck by an electric current," he said. He has been on painkillers ever since. "I just can't bear the pain anymore. Even talking or eating's unbearable," he said.

The decision to get the surgery done was taken after consultation with a team of doctors in Mumbai. Salman said, "We don't have the equipment nor the expertise for my nerve problem which has forced me to go abroad for the surgery."

At the same time the actor is feeling bad that he will miss the Ganapati festival. The Dabanng star who is known to promote his films release in a big way had earlier planned to travel to various cities for the promotion of 'Bodyguard'. A source said that "there were two premieres planned in Delhi with security forces and guards which had to be cancelled because Salman is going away."

The actor is being accompanied by his two brothers Sohail, Arbaaz and sister Alvira Agnihotri. After he recovers from the the surgery the actor said he will fly to Dublin to shoot for Yash Raj's film 'Ek Tha Tiger'.

Sad I hope he gets well soon

#2 - Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:19 am
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
yup.. me too.. get well soon salman

#3 - Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#4 - Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:23 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#5 - Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:24 am

View user profile

sumi

Admin
Admin
Female

#6 - Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:45 pm

sumi

Admin
Admin
Female
get well soon Sallu Sad

#7 - Posted on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 pm

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Salman Khan undergoes successful surgery in US

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/salman-khan-surgery-in-us/1/149685.html?cp

Actor Salman Khan underwent a successful surgery in Los Angeles for a nerve condition and is doing fine, his family said on Thursday.

"Salman is fine after the operation on Wednesday night," his family said.

Khan was suffering from a neurological condition called trigeminal neuralgia, which was causing acute pain in his head, cheeks and jaw, for several years.

The actor left for the US two days before the release of his film Bodyguard.

The operation involved using a coil to remove some blockages inside Salman's mouth. The actor had been suffering from the condition for almost six years.

Trigeminal neuralgia originates from the trigeminal nerve, which carries sensation from the face to the brain and is responsible for most of the facial sensation. So, even a mild stimulation, such as brushing teeth or patting the face, can trigger a jolt of excruciating pain. Progressively, the attacks can become longer and more frequent.

The disease can be controlled by medication. But sometimes surgery becomes necessary. "The symtpoms are shooting pain, originating from back of ear. Pain usually lasts from few minutes to days," said Dr Amit Srivastava, neurologist, Fortis Hospital, Delhi.

Bollywood and his fans wished Khan a speedy recovery. Actor Shah Rukh Khan in his message said, "It's a tougher time for the family than the patient. So I wish Salman a speedy recovery and I wish him all the best. He should come back soon."

#8 - Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
I'm feeling fine and relieved: Salman Khan

Actor Salman Khan’s health is stable and under control now. He created quite a panic amongst his well-wishers after being diagnosed with a strange nerve disease.

Salman, who is suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia, a nerve disorder that causes intense pain in the face, had left for the US on August 29.

However, the actor has some good news for one and all, as his operation was successful and he will soon fly back to India, post some medical tests.

“I’m feeling fine and relieved,” said Salman over the phone. He further added by saying, “The operation took place last night and lasted for around an hour. I was scared, but now things are fine. I have been recommended a lot of medical tests, which will take me a week or so and only then will I be able to fly back.”

Salman sounded ecstatic about ‘Bodyguard’ garnering record breaking opening in India. He also, hoped to be a part of euphoria in terms of Eid, Ganpati festival and the release of his film in the city and conveyed to his family and friends that he will soon be back.

"The surgery was done last night. It will take at least fifteen days for the actor to resume work and he is advised complete rest till then. Fresh tests will be conducted further to check the progress of recovery. The actor will then go to South Africa to shoot for Ek Tha Tiger," sources close to the actor said.

Earlier, he apparently spoke with trade analyst Taran Adarsh for twenty odd minutes, where he thanked his fans who prayed day in and out for his recovery because of which he underwent a successful surgery. Apart from his health, he was also concerned about his film ‘Bodyguard’ and stated that he ought to have been here in India during the release, but due to unavoidable health problems he had to rush to US.

Taran Adarsh concluded by saying, “There were a lot of speculations about Salman not being able to speak post surgery. He however, sounded absolutely fine, as he spoke over a long period of time over the phone with me. His speech has no symptoms of disfigure too, which shows that he is fit and fine.”

The Dabangg actor has been suffering from the pain in his jaw since 2007 while shooting for Partner. It got worse last year following which he decided to undergo a surgery.

(With inputs from PTI)

#9 - Posted on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm

View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female

Wishing him a speedy recovery

#10 - Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 am
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female

All is well for Salman

Good news for Salman Khan fans. Yes Bodyguard is a superhit but there is more. The actor who reportedly been diagnosed with twin ailments, a neurological disorder called trigeminal neuralgia and an aneurysm in his brain has been almost cured. The actor who’s been in a lot of pain recently was flew to America for surgeries that have been done successfully and is still in hospital as he has been adviced bed rest.The pain in his jaw is almost gone. We just hope Salman gets alright soon and gets down to doing what he does best, entertaining us.

http://filmfare.com/articles/all-is-well-for-salman-2710.html

Last edited by Aiman on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total

#11 - Posted on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 pm
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Salman coming back home within a week to 10days! Thanks to each and everyone who prayed for his better health! God bless ♥

by Arbaaz khan

#12 - Posted on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:25 pm
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Salman Khan’s London Press Conference Exclusive Report!

Salman Khan. He made his acting debut 23 years ago with a minor role in Rekha starrer Biwi Ho To Aisi, had his first commercial hit with blockbuster Maine Pyar Kiya a year later. Salman Khan has gone on to star in some of Hindi cinema’s most successful films such as Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya, the National Award Winner Dabangg, and the recently released Bodyguard. Ahead of his schedule in Dublin and fresh from his surgery in America, Salman charmed the London press that had gathered for a special round table conference with him. Dubbed the Bad Boy of the Indian Film Industry by the press, all I can say is the media present was putty in his hands.

On his surgery

“I am sick of speaking about how I am feeling” was his first line for the evening. I can understand why. Only Salman Khan and God know how many times he has been asked that question by everyone who knows him and how many times he has answered it. He spoke candidly about the procedures he underwent for his surgery to ‘fix’ his nerve and spinal problems and mentioned that he would have to return for round two of the procedure later in the year. “I am not going to tell anyone I am going this time though” was his declaration.

On Bodyguard

“It was the script that attracted me to Bodyguard initially,” began Salman before talking about his pairing with Kareena Kapoor. A jodi that has given two flop films previously. He mentioned how people thought that the pairing was ‘manhoos’ and they were being called the ‘panothi couple’ and gave examples of their previous films their, Kyun Ki and Main aur Mrs Khanna.

When asked what it was like working with Kareena, he said he had a ‘blast working with Kareena’.

!hat it was like working with director Siddique? Salman answered it was good and that he is a “very nice guy and incredibly chilled out.” He went on to mention that Siddique had already made the film twice. “He started with the Malyalam film, then he got into the film with me and now Venkatesh is making a Telegu version. Siddique has made a hell of a lot of money from one film. I am very happy for him.”

Talking about the ‘Phalwan Dance’ that featured in Bodyguard, Khan mentioned that he had performed a similar dance when he was a child. “My chachas and father are all phalwans and wrestlers and they do that in Indore. It was in my mind but kahin pay dimaag say nikaal gaya tah (at one point I forgot it). We heard the song in Patiala for the first time and then during the making of the song there was a guy and he was standing really far away and I saw him performing it and told him tera yeh step toh gaya (this step of yours is gone).”

Chitchatting about the success of Bodyguard, a film that has broken records set by Dabangg, Khan stated that he felt the exact opposite of the way he felt when he had disasters like Kyun Ki, God Tussi Great Ho or Main aur Mrs Khanna. He mentioned that he felt the film was successful because “you guys went to watch it!” He continued, “When some people see the movies on DVD or TV they say bahut aachi picture hai, kyun nahin chali (it’s a great film, why didn’t it do well)? The response is simple. Abhay nahin chali kyunki tum log nahin gaye dekhne kay liye, kyunki phookhat ki har cheez aachi lagthi hai. (It didn’t do well because you all didn’t go see it, and when it’s free everyone likes it.)”

He went on to talk about how films had changed and the audience had also changed. The films now had to be larger than life – he stated adding that the promo’s had to be interesting. “The strange thing is when you put up a promo, and the promo looks kick ass, the audience knows arre iss promo kay andaer jitney bhi best shots film main hain who daal diye (all the best shots from the film were put in this promo), they understand. How?!? I guess like we understand. It’s the same thing. The audience is intelligent now. You only do the kind of films that you want to watch or do.”

On up coming projects Ek tha Tiger, Sher Khan and Dabangg 2 and the National Award

“The shooting for for Ek Tha Tiger begins in Dublin in 3 and ½ weeks,” Salman said. When asked about the choice of location he mentioned that it was a Yash Raj decision and a leading lady had been confirmed.

Talking about Dabangg and Dabangg 2 Salman mentioned he found out about Dabangg winning the national award through BBM, “Yeah, I saw a picture of Arbaaz and he was all suited and booted, I was very happy for Arbaaz.”

Dabangg 2 is scheduled to go to floor after Ek Tha Tiger and an untitled project that was being produced by Sohail Khan. “It is penciled in for Diwali next year.”

When asked if we would ever see Salman Khan in a negative role, Khan shook his head and said no. “I don’t feel the need to do that. I do all my negative roles in films, but make them look positive.”

Conversing on Sher Khan, Salman confirmed that no leading lady had yet been confirmed for the film but said that it was a very difficult film to make which is why Dabangg 2 had been pushed back and Sher Khan bought forward. “Sher Khan is on a huge scale and lots of special effects and costumes so it needs time. That is why we have taken it ahead of Dabangg 2.”

When asked if he would be turning his hand to direction any time soon, Khan replied in the negative. “Arbaaz is directing, Sohail is directing as well. I will be producing more films though.” He went on to reveal that the production of films would have to be thought through very carefully and projects would be carefully selected as Salman Khan’s Being Human would be involved with the projects, so the projects would need to be child friendly. “Not that Dabangg or Wanted weren’t, I am just trying to work on an amalgamation of Chiller Party and the type of films I do.”

On Ash King

“He is superb, he is really good” was his instant reaction. However, on learning that Ash King was among the press, Khan immediately requested a chair for King and asked him to join him for the Q&A session putting Ash King on the spot. King commented he wasn’t sure why he was sitting beside Khan but revealed that he met Khan for the first time when he was a child and it was a dream comes true for King to provide the vocals for Khan. King went on to mention that he noticed that in the film industry a lot of songs get recorded and then an actor such as Salman Khan went and heard the song and decided what he thought, which was how King’s song ‘I Love You’ was selected. Recorded in January, Salman Khan gave it the final go ahead a few months later.

King said, “When Pritam said reege che (meaning yes in Bengali), the song is in the film, I said are you sure? Pritam responded that he (Salman Khan) has taken the song in the film, I initially said whatever. I went back home and the song got played and I didn’t realise until about a month later and I was talking to my friend and I said, I just sang for Salman Khan. It’s no joke, that’s one of my dreams.”

Asked to sing a song, Ash King obliged after some coaxing with an acapella of ‘I Love You’ from Bodyguard. Salman Khan on the other hand was unable to join in citing his surgery as a reason.

On Being Human

He said we had seen the T-Shirts, and we had seen the Rs 1000 T-Shirts, the fake ones – but stated he didn’t have an issue with the people who bought them or sold them. His problem was with the people who manufactured them “because they know it is a fake. They don’t care that they are making fakes especially when they know it is for the benefit of the country – e.g. providing education. He said that knowing that and continuing to manufacture them was crazy.

He went on to mention that Being Human was the achievement he was most proud of in his life to date. “Films are like – ah you know that guy, Salman, he’s done that film, let’s remake that film. That’s all it is. The trust is something that will continue to be there.”

On Andaz Apna Apna 2

A topic that has been much discussed in the press looks to be on the mind of the two leading actors and the director as well. Some positive revelations were made that may possibly give us all some hope.

“The strange this about this movie is that everyone has seen the movie on DVD but no one has seen it on screen.” Salman went on to explain, “When the film released it was just done Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Monday the film was down.”

He also mentioned that he had suggested releasing the same film again in the cinemas. However, Aamir Khan, Raj Kumar Santoshi and he had been wanting to do this film for the longest time but there had been a 20 year gap between the first release and what would now be the sequel. As there had been such a gap, he felt that the sequel had to be 21 times better than the first films.

Salman revealed that something was being worked on and Santoshi, who he regarded as one of the best directors in the industry, had something in the pipelines. He also went on to say that Santoshi would ensure that the sequel would be twice as funny as the original and that he was sure that both Aamir and he would be a part of it.

We can continue to live in hope!

On remakes of south films

South Indian Bollywood remakes have become synonymous with Salman Khan of late. With Wanted, Ready and Bodyguard all performing well at the box office, Salman explained why he didn’t have an issue with it.

Declaring that he never watched the original version of the film, Salman stated that for him a remake was a script that was written and that a story too had been “tried and tested”. “The people and audience are not the same. If a Telegu movie, a Tamil movie or a Malyalam movie script comes to me, our fans have not seen those films.”

He also explained why he felt there was no point in remaking a Bollywood film, saying that they were slightly different, that the treatment provided to each film was different and that everyone would already have seen a version of them, be it in English with subtitles or a dubbed version.

“So it doesn’t make any sense,” he stated matter of factly. “I use the remake basically as scripts. A lot of our movies, especially my dad’s films were re-made there, Dabangg is being re-made there, so I am doing the same.”

On Hollywood

When asked to talk about any future projects in Hollywood Salman cited he had done a Hollywood film already (Marigold) and it had been a (tongue in cheek) huge hit and for the time being that was it.

When told that there was a lot of interest in Hollywood and the actors from the American Film Fraternity who wanted to be a part of an Indian film, particularly actresses like Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz who had mentioned they would want to work with him, hewas astonished “kya kahe rahe ho (what are you saying)!”

Asked if there was anyone he would like to work with in an Indian film, he laughed and said, “I have got Kareena Kapoor to work with, I have got Katrina to work with, let me finish that first.”

On Inspiration, Marriage and Rumours

“My father is my biggest inspiration,” Salman stated quite simply. “Because of his scripts – a good script can make a bad actor look good, for example, me. I was just a new comer and then Maine Pyaar Kiya happened. I am still benefitting from that film. Main abhi tak us ka kha raha houn. Bees saal say kah raha houn. Kareena toh 90 saalaon say kah rahi hai (I’m still benefiting from it. I have benefited for 20 years. Kareena has been benefiting for 90 years),” Salman stated much to the amusement of those present. Continuing about Kareena, he said, “Great grandfather say grandfather say father tak (from great grandfather to grandfather to father), you have Aamir Khan and Qyamat Say Qyamat Tak and Shah Rukh and Deewane.”

When asked “Aap ke haath kab peele ho rahe hain?” (When will your hands become yellow? In other words, when will you get married?), he candidly responded, “Ladkiyon kay haath peelain hote hain aur ladkhon kay gaal neelain hote hain (Girls’ hands become yellow and boys’ cheeks become blue).”

He also disregarded any rumours about him starring in a biopic about Rajnikanth though he mentioned he was a huge fan.

Asked who he enjoyed working with the most, he mentioned his Sajaan co–star, Sanjay Dutt. ‘”The process is enjoyable, the film I don’t know. We are working on a film titled Big Boss.”

In closing, what can I say about Salman Khan? An actor who has given 4 back to back hits and who has very recently had critical surgery performed, yet he sat for 45 minutes talking to us all very candidly about everything we asked him. He made us laugh, he made us think, and he revealed a little bit of himself. A complete gentleman. I don’t think the bad boy tag does him any justice. And if bad boys are like him, then I say the world needs more of them.

#13 - Posted on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:17 am

View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female

#14 - Posted on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 am
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Salman Khan opens a dispensary
Actor Salman Khan has opened a charitable dispensary at his own house. But the star, who’s shooting in Dublin, has maintained a low profile about it and has instead asked his friends in NGOs to spread the word as discreetly as possible about the arrangements made for medical consultation and treatment of 40 patients every week.

“There is a garden opposite Salman’sapartment in Bandstand at Bandra, where he has arranged for a medical camp every Tuesday. Currently, there only one doctor, who attends to the 40 patients on that day. The cost of each patient (Rs 300) is borne directly by Salman,” says a source close to the Khan family.

The expenses may not make any kind of dent in Salman’s earnings,but there’s more than just the doctor that he’s arranged. The actor also bears the cost of the follow-up treatmentif necessary.

“This is absolutely Salman’s own initiative, which he doesn’t want to share with anybody. He didn’t try to get a reputed specialist to come in for the make-shift medical camp as it would attract attention. It’s just a chair, a table and patients in need of urgent attention,” the source adds.

Salman is already bearing the costs of three patients who’ve been hospitalised, say sources.

“The doctor comes in by 11 in the morning and begins attending to the patients that’ve gathered there. There are a few personal staff from Salman’s entourage, who help out with the patients. The requirements are noted down and serious cases in need of medical attention are referred to hospitals, the cost of which is borne by Salman. Bhaidoesn’t want to talk about it because it is not like his Being Human initiative, which has now become a brand and is governed by marketing needs,” the source adds.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_salman-khan-opens-a-dispensary_1588958

#15 - Posted on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:27 pm

View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
King size is the new mantra for Salman!

With 'Bodyguard' turning into his highest earning film till date, Salman has already established his king-size presence on the silver screen. While 'Dabangg', earned Rs 140 crore, this one has reached the Rs 200 crore mark, also buoying expectations from Khan's upcoming releases .

Salman's 'Ek Tha Tiger' is already turning out to be huge scale venture and so is 'Kick'. His other projects 'Dabangg 2' and 'Sher Khan' have been held back to get the scale in place.

"It is more or less a mandate that his films have to be mounted on a huge scale since nothing associated with Salman can be small anymore", said sources.

"So while 'Ek Tha Tiger' is travelling across continents and 'Sher Khan' would be biggest ever adventure film to come out of Bollywood, 'Dabangg 2' is moving from a small town to a cosmopolitan setting while 'Kick' would see some of the most unbelievable action ever."

No wonder Yash Chopra, Sohail Khan, Arbaaz Khan as well as Sajid Nadiadwala are leaving no stones unturned to make their respective films huge by all standards and come up with a product which is just the kind that bhai's fans would want.

"Isn't that pretty much understandable considering the fact that Salman is the only actor from past or present who has given three back to back Rs.100 crores plus grossers with 'Dabangg', 'Ready' and now 'Bodyguard'?", comments a trade expert, "In fact 'Ek Tha Tiger' is already being pegged at Rs.200 crores earner at the least since the package by itself is so huge."

Looking at the kind of curiosity surrounding 'Sher Khan' and the fact that everyone is expecting an epic outing, Sohail has in fact delayed the film in order to get the right packaging in place. Ditto for Arbaaz who is waiting for the right time to begin Dabangg 2. Meanwhile, Sajid has already commissioned 'Kick' to be shot in Korea.

"There is a lot of forward planning that each of his forthcoming films is currently involved in", the source continues, "Yes, Salman has done relatively smaller films like 'Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna', 'Kyon Ki' and 'Lucky - No Time For Love' but this is pretty much the story of the past. Today whatever he is picking up, it has to be larger than life. He can't be blamed either, after all stakes are so high for his films."

Guess when it comes to Salman the mantra is pretty much loud and clear - 'Make it large'!

#16 - Posted on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:06 am
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Katrina plays nurse to Salman

Hmmm. No one really knows the status quo between them. Each time it’s reported that they are no longer together comes information that the two spent time with each other. Apparently before Salman Khan left for US for his surgery, Katrina Kaif was with him throughout. She spent some quality time with the actor, looking after him. We hear she’d moved into his house a few days before he departed in order to take care of him. Katrina has always maintained that she’s very fond of Salman irrespective of their personal equation. Well, it shows.

I really hope that Salman finds a sincere life partner

#17 - Posted on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 am
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Salman Khan's Sequel Highs: 'Dabangg 2' First Draft Ready

Fans of Salman Khan are sure to celebrate on hearing this piece of news. The lovably roguish cop Chulbul Pandey is set to make a comeback in a sequel to Dabangg and producer Arbaaz Khan recently revealed that the first draft of the script was ready.

The actor-filmmaker was quoted to have said, "Work on Dabangg 2 is on. We are waiting for Salman (Khan) bhai's dates. We are likely to begin the production in mid-September next year."

The original Dabangg starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha was the biggest hit of the year 2010, earning Rs. 145 crore and also winning the National Award for being a 'wholesome entertaining' film.

The sequel will reportedly take Salman Khan's character to a big city in North India where he will be pitted against a new villain, reportedly, Sonu Sood again, who is to play the twin brother of Chedi Singh (Sonu Sood) from the original flick.

#18 - Posted on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:45 am

View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Salman's mother joins him in Dublin

Salma Khan to stay with her son for a month and tend to him as he recovers from surgery, while shooting for Ek Tha Tiger

Salman Khan is back in action after surgery. Khan resumed shooting for Yash Raj Films's Ek Tha Tiger about 15 days ago in Dublin after a successful operation for his painful nerve condition, trigeminal neuralgia, on August 31.

It's not only good friend and co-star Katrina Kaif, who is keeping him company but also someone, who Salman needed badly to be with, post-recovery. No prizes for guessing who that someone is: it's his mother, Salma Khan, who has flown in to be with her son for at least a month and look after him.

"Bhai is fine now and he has resumed shooting. He swears by his mother's food and is obviously very happy to have her with him," confirms Dibhash, Salim Khan's PA.

Salma could not accompany Salman earlier on, for the surgery, due to Eid and Ganpati celebrations at home.

The family has a tradition of observing the festival and Salma didn't want to break the auspicious ritual so she stayed back and prayed for her beta's good health.

But now that the celebrations are over and since Khan could not be back home due to his shooting schedule in Ireland, the concerned mother decided to join him there. Salim (Salman's father) Khan however will not be joining his wife and will continue to stay put in Mumbai.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Salmans-mother-joins-him-in-Dublin/articleshow/10114501.cms

#19 - Posted on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:59 pm
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
aanchal wrote:Salman Khan's Sequel Highs: 'Dabangg 2' First Draft Ready

Fans of Salman Khan are sure to celebrate on hearing this piece of news. The lovably roguish cop Chulbul Pandey is set to make a comeback in a sequel to Dabangg and producer Arbaaz Khan recently revealed that the first draft of the script was ready.

The actor-filmmaker was quoted to have said, "Work on Dabangg 2 is on. We are waiting for Salman (Khan) bhai's dates. We are likely to begin the production in mid-September next year."

The original Dabangg starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha was the biggest hit of the year 2010, earning Rs. 145 crore and also winning the National Award for being a 'wholesome entertaining' film.

The sequel will reportedly take Salman Khan's character to a big city in North India where he will be pitted against a new villain, reportedly, Sonu Sood again, who is to play the twin brother of Chedi Singh (Sonu Sood) from the original flick.

#20 - Posted on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:49 pm
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female

#21 - Posted on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:08 am
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Salman Khan returned to Mumbai after shooting for Ek Tha Tiger in Dublin

#22 - Posted on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 am
View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Salman returns to Mumbai after surgery

Bollywood actor Salman Khan, who flew to the US for nerve surgery, is back in town for a few days and attended the launch Thursday of reality show "Bigg Boss 5".

The actor, who is a host on the show with actor Sanjay Dutt, looked quite fit at the event.

Asked about his surgery, Salman told reporters: "The surgery was good. This is not the kind of surgery where you go once and you become completely fine. You recover 50 percent at one go."

"I had become much better but Dublin's (Ireland) cold has created problems for me so now I'm still only 60 percent recovered. I have to go back after three-four months for a test and if that gets cleared, I will be 100 percent fine. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and wishes," he added.

Salman had left for US Aug 29 for a surgery for trigeminal neuralgia, a nerve disorder that used to cause him immense pain.

After few days the actor is expected to return to Dublin, where he is shooting for Kabir Khan's "Ek Tha Tiger".

http://www.pinkvilla.com/news/bollywood/179985/salman-returns-mumbai-after-surgery

#23 - Posted on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:19 am
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Salman Khan version 2.0!

Actor Salman Khan is back in town after almost two months. Post his surgery in US in September, the actor travelled to Dublin and later to Turkey for shooting for his upcoming film with actress and good friend Katrina Kaif.

On Sunday night, hours after returning, the actor was seen at an awards ceremony sporting a new hairstyle. But insiders say that the new hairdo just marks the beginning of upgradation strategy that actor is working on.

An insider says, “Salman is now taking it easy. Post his surgery he was asked to rest, but he continued shooting for Ek Tha Tiger and later Bigg Boss. But here he realised the trouble that he has gotten himself into as he was shooting for action sequences wearing just cotton t-shirts in cold regions, as this only added to his pain and has hindered his recovery process. So now he is revising the dynamics of his working style.”

Dabaang Khan knows his demand in Bollywood and hence the most eligible bachelor in Bollywood is now focussing on his health. “He has always been casual in his approach towards his health, work and life. After stream-lining his income and charity foundation work, Salman is now working towards doing one film at a time. Though he is trying to fulfill important commitments made earlier. But he is strictly not signing any new projects as his dates are blocked till 2014. And he also wants to take it slow so as to maintain his health in good shape,” adds the insider. The star will be seen in this weekend’s episode of Bigg Boss and will later be performing at an TV awards function.

However,if sources are to be believed recently at the celebrity cricket league’s press conference in Dubai. Salman was heard talking about settling down in life. “Post his surgery, Salman has become very particuular about his health. Also being very close to his mom, she is very much on guard in terms of his eating habits and lifestyle. Besides Salman has already been through many woes earlier, however last couple of years has been the best phase in his career and life. Hence if he wishes to settle in life it will only make things easy and better,” adds the source.

#24 - Posted on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:57 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8435
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Salman donates his bone marrow to save a little girl’s life

Mumbai: Salman Khan is one brave-heart hunk, for the actor has become the first bone marrow donor in the country. Known for his generosity and charitable work, the often misunderstood Khan has once again kept up his promise by donating his bone marrow for a little girl Pooja, who was in need of a bone marrow transplant.

The act just comes days after the actor had pledged to Marrow Donor Registry, India, to donate his bone marrow if a need may arise.

And Salman is not alone here. His brother Arbaaz Khan too joined him in the noble task. Confirming the news, Dr. Sunil Parekh who is on the board of MDRI said, "The people suffering from disease and I thank Salman Khan for coming forward and taking up our cause. Four years ago, Salman had read about Pooja, a little girl who was in need of bone marrow transplant. He got his entire football team to come and donate marrow. Unfortunately, they all backed out last minute, and only Salman and Arbaaz landed up donating and became the first donors”.

Talking about the little help they received from the government, Dr Parekh said, "We made a foolish mistake to depend on the government in 2004. We didn`t get the right help..."

Addressing the problems that make bone marrow donation a problem in India, Salman said, "We have only 5000 donors currently. It`s not merely the lack of awareness; it`s our attitude that`s also the problem. And this will make us responsible for patients` lives. Donate marrow and save a life. It`s just like a blood test and doesn`t take time. I know some people are scared of blood tests, too... but it`s time to become a little brave and make a big difference."
It`s not merely the lack of awareness; it`s our attitude that`s also the problem. Donate marrow and save a life. It`s just like a blood test and doesn`t take time.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/print.aspx?aid=75596

#25 - Posted on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm

View user profile

Sponsored content

#26 - Posted

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum