Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Dedh Ishqiya

Dedh Ishqiya

Page 3 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Can't wait to start shooting with Madhuri: Arshad Warsi

While Arshad Warsi, Vidya Balan and Naseeruddin Shah won the hearts of film buffs with their performances in the film Ishqiya, audiences are now eagerly waiting for the film's sequel Dedh Ishqiya.

But Arshad himself seems to be the most eager of all to start shooting for the film. The reason? Hear it from Arshad himself. "I absolutely enjoyed working with Vidya (Balan) in Ishqiya.

She is a dear friend and I will miss her while shooting the sequel. But I can't wait to start shooting with Madhuri Dixit. I mean, no one can beat her right?" said an excited Arshad at a recent event.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=289620&subcatg=&keyword=bollywood&nid=289620

#51 - Posted on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

View user profile

Aishwarya

Madhuri Dixit Fan
Madhuri Dixit Fan
Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-12-05
dedh ishqiya 2 b shot in lucknow n m so xcited

#52 - Posted on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 pm
View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Dedh Ishqiya Shooting Set To Start From February: Madhuri Dixit

Mumbai: Evergreen Bollywood beauty Madhuri Dixit says that Vishal Bhardwaj's "Dedh Ishqiya" shooting is all set to start from mid-February.

"Shooting for 'Gulab Gang' has already started and 'Dedh Ishqiya' will start from mid-February," the 46-year-old said at Oral-B dental camp here on Tuesday.

"Dedh Ishqiya" was initially supposed to go on the floors in September 2011, but it was postponed till November and then it was shifted to February 2012.

After that it was reported that shooting will start in January this year.

"Dedh Ishqiya" is a sequel to 2010 hit "Ishqiya" and Madhuri is all praise for Naseeruddin Shah, who was also in the original.

"It's my honour that I am working with him (Naseer). He is a very fantastic artist and I enjoyed a lot working with him," Madhuri said.

While Naseer and Arshad Warsi would reprise their roles, Madhuri steps into Vidya Balan's shoes.

Meanwhile, Madhuri also showers praises on Juhi Chawla, her co-star in "Gulab Gang", their first film together.

"It's been wonderful. I met Juhi and she is a very, very sweet person and the experience has been wonderful," she said.

http://www.pardaphash.com/news/dedh-ishqiya-shooting-set-to-start-from-february-madhuri-dixit/705227.html#.URJYdx02nZU

#53 - Posted on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#54 - Posted on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#55 - Posted on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Birju Maharaj to choreograph Madhuri Dixit

It’s now time for Madhuri to be dance to the steps of her ultimate favorite dancer, Pandit Birju Maharaj. This legendary Kathak maestro is going to choreograph for Madhuri in her next upcoming film Dedh Ishqiya. The film is the sequel to Ishqiya, which saw Vidya Balan, Aarshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah in the lead roles. The current shooting of the film is taking place near Lucknow, at Sitapur. During the shoot the stars of the film were staying at a five star hotel in Delhi, where they had reportedly told the press about their film.

This film is going to see the great comeback of the dancing diva of Bollywood, Madhuri Dixit. After her infamous Aaja Nachle, this will be her next try up on the silver screen. The sequel has all the previous actors as well. Pandit Birju Maharaj had joined them in the hotel and had confirmed the news that he will be choreographing for Madhuri.

Madhuri and Maharaj had previously worled in Dil Toh Pagal Hain as well as Devdas. He had choreographed ‘Dhayi Shyam Rok Layi’ in Devdas.

As for Madhuri, she is right now flying in seventh heaven. She is completely awestruck by the beauty of Panditji’s dancing talent and for her he is the ultimate dancer of Kathak. The actress respects him a lot and is extremely excited on the purpose of working together. She is one of the few and lucky stars in Bollywood who have had the opportunity to be trained by Panditji. She has proclaimed the fact that he is the best Kathak Dancer in the world, although there are various talented dancers. She has also said that Kathak is her favorite dance form. She is a trained classical dancer herself and among all the dance forms Kathak is the closest to her heart. She also likes various western dance forms lkike Samba, Jive and Cha Cha. A dancer, for Madhuri has to have certain qualities like perfect expression, style, body language as well as confidence while he or she performs.

Panditji has also choreographed for films like Gadaar…Ek Prem Katha, which starred Sunny Deol and Amisha Patel. His recent film includes Vishwaroopam, where Kamal Hasan was seen dancing to his steps. Thus, it is going to be a great duo when Madhuri is going to dance for Birju Maharaj. As one of the greatest dancers of Bollywood it will be welcoming to see her dance on screen again.

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/birju-maharaj-to-choreograph-madhuri-dixit/11048/

#56 - Posted on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:40 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#57 - Posted on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
Madhuri Dixit-Nene likes it sunny side up!

Madhuri Dixit-Nene has a new fixation or atleast that’s what it seems to be. The actress has been uploading photographs of the rising sun, which we think have been clicked by her (check inset)! “I love sunrises. Here’s another stunning sunrise in Lucknow today!” tweeted Madhuri, followed by another one, “And yet another one from today at 6:30am! Surajji ko pranam!”

The actress is in Lucknow on a month long shooting for Dedh Isqhiya and giving her company there are Huma Qureshi and Arshad Warsi. Yes, after much dilly-dallying, Arshad has finally agreed to star in the sequel of his earlier film Ishqiya. A little birdie from the sets tells us that photography is something that Arshad has discovered a new love for.

A source shares, “Arshad has clicked several photographs ever since he gifted himself a new high-end camera. But he is most excited about shooting Madhuri and he’s taken several candid shots of her too” Now wonder if he has in fact been been Mads inspiration to turn photographer as well. Over to you M!

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_madhuri-dixit-nene-likes-it-sunny-side-up_1810430

#58 - Posted on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#59 - Posted on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
A fan-tastic experience for the team of Dedh Ishqiya

For the first time, the shooting of Abhishek Chaubey's film 'Dedh Ishqiya' in Lucknow, which has been going on for the past one month, had to be cancelled on Thursday. The actors, Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah were shooting for the film which also stars Madhuri Dixit Nene, on Thursday in the busy Chowk area of Lucknow, when a huge crowd gathered to have a look at the stars.

The crowd swelled to a huge proportion which was beyond the control of the stars' body guards and the police. Arshad told us, "The people were over enthusiastic. They were just over-excited fans wanting to touch us, and were too happy to see Babban and Khalu together, amid them. Just that they were too many in number for the security guys to handle. But it was overwhelming to see so much love for us here in Lucknow."

Before the situation could get out of control, the actors were advised to sit in their vanity vans and wait for the crowd to subside. Later, the weather also played truant, and a light drizzle and heavy cloud cover prevented shooting from commencing in the narrow bylanes of the old city . Arshad also tweeted about the same,writing, "And finally the shoot got cancelled but no regrets coz i got to know how much Lucknow loves me... Zehe naseeb, shukriya..."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/A-fan-tastic-experience-for-the-team-of-Dedh-Ishqiya/articleshow/19289380.cms

#60 - Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:16 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#61 - Posted on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:06 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#62 - Posted on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:22 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit is back with a mujra

Mumbai, May 9 -- She wowed audiences with her graceful moves in 'Maar daala' (Devdas; 2002). And now, after over a decade, Madhuri Dixit will be seen in a similar avatar in director Abhishek Chaubey's Dedh Ishqiya. The actor will perform mujra to a song titled 'Apne karar mein', which has been composed by Vishal Bhardwaj, who is also co-producing the film with Shemaroo Entertainment. "The song is ready and we will be shooting for it after we're done filming the entire movie. I can't reveal much but I'll say that it is a very elaborate number which will be shot on a big set," says producer Ketan Maru. In the film, Madhuri plays Begum Para of Lucknow and has been paired opposite Naseeruddin Shah.

Ask Madhuri about her role in the film and she says, "Mine is a twolayered character. She (the begum) looks very happy on the surface but has her secret desires and cravings," says Madhuri. Currently, the makers are wrapping up the last leg of the film's shoot. "We have around 11 days of shooting left, out of which we will shoot for four days in Karjat," says Maru.

Dedh Ishqiya is the sequel to Ishqiya (2010), which featured Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi and Vidya Balan.

http://india.nydailynews.com/entertainmentarticle/2c88acdfdeb2d88aeadb93f22fd94fc7/madhuri-dixit-is-back-with-a-mujra

#63 - Posted on Thu May 09, 2013 1:38 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#64 - Posted on Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit`s husband happiest man on earth, says Arshad Warsi

Mumbai: Actor Arshad Warsi, who has, for the first time, shared screen space with Madhuri Dixit in ‘Dedh Ishqiya’, believes the actress` husband, Shriram Nene, is the happiest man on earth to have her as his life partner.

Arshad is also bowled over Madhuri`s professionalism and her "happy-go-lucky" nature.

"I think Dr. Nene is the happiest man on earth because Madhuri is absolutely divine," Arshad said here at the DVD launch of his last release ‘Jolly LLB’.

Madhuri married US-based cardiovascular surgeon Shriram Nene in 1999 and shifted to US. Her family then moved to India again in 2011, and she is now busy reviving her Bollywood career.

"She is beautiful. She is lovely. She is a thorough professional and always wears a smile on her face. She is a very positive person on the set...a great person to work with. She is a phenomenal actor," he added.

He admits it has been a "pleasure working with her".

‘Dedh Ishqiya’, a sequel to 2010 black comedy ‘Ishqiya’, is directed by Abhishek Chaubey and also features Naseeruddin Shah and Huma Qureshi.

In ‘Ishqiya’, Arshad played a rugged and rough character Babban. It has been Arshad`s favourite character, but he says he`d rather be remembered as a good actor over one character.

"It would be great if people continue to know me as a good actor. I am a very honest person," Arshad said.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/celebrity/madhuri-dixit-s-husband-happiest-man-on-earth-says-arshad-warsi_134726.htm

#65 - Posted on Sun May 19, 2013 2:59 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri is a fantastic dancer: Pt Birju Maharaj

Meeting Kathak exponent Pandit Birju Maharaj is always a treat. His simplicity and down to earth personality has a magical effect. But very few know that at the age of seventy-five Pandit Birju Maharaj is still a child at heart. Fascinated with gadgets, Panditji is in love with Tom and Jerry cartoons.

"Aap ek taraf lakhon rupay rakh dijiye aur ek taraf kuchh acchhe gadgets, main gadgets lena prefer karunga. Main jab bhi videsh jata hun toh koi na koi naya gadget zaroor kharidta hun," Panditji told us on his recent visit to the city. Another secret that he revealed was, "Dusra shauk Tom and Jerry dekhne ka hai. Bada mazaa aata hai Tom and Jerry dekh ke. Har subah Tom and Jerry dekhna meri aadat hai. Ek baar main America gaya tha aur bazaar main ghumte waqt mujhe ek train engine wala khilona dikha. Jab dukandaar ne mujhe chala ke dikhya toh woh asli engine ki tarah dhuaan bhi chodhta tha...maine usey khareed liya aur raat main dedh baje tak apni music team ke saath chalaata raha...phir dedh baje mere musicians bole ki panditji ab so jaiye, kal subah performance hai. Main chala toh gaya apne room mein par subah uth kar sabse pehle maine uss engine ko khola, yeh janne ke liye ki yeh dhuaan kaise chhodhta hai," he said with complete innocence.

Recently, Pandit Birju Maharaj choreographed a dance sequence for Madhuri Dixit for the film Dedh Ishqiya. Speaking about the experience he said, "Madhuri is a fantastic dancer. In Dedh Ishqiya I have choreographed a mujra with her. I am sure that audiences will love watching it on screen. Working with Madhuri always turns into a memorable experience because she is a good learner and whatever moves I teach her she delivers exactly the same in front of the camera. Today mujra word is considered to be bad but earlier mujra used to refer to a musical sitting. There is a doha of Tulsi Das ji, which says 'Ram jharoke baith ke sabka mujra le aur jaisi jaa ki chakri tako taisa de'. So, if in present days we see Bollywood dancing, it is really vulgar. I feel mujra dancing style is far more classy and tasteful where the dancer only uses his upper body to portray the emotions. Jab hamare guruji riyaaz karaate the toh agar dance karte waqt kamar ke neeche movement ho jaye to bahut naraaz ho jate the. Par aaj jo Bollywood aur reality shows main dance ho raha hai woh dance na ho ke stunt zyada hai," he said.

Another feather in Pandit Birju Maharaj's cap was winning the National Award for best choreographer for Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam. "I was really touched when during an award ceremony Kamal Haasan said that he waited for 41 years to get choreographed by me. Kamal himself is a fantastic dancer and Vishwaroopam deserved the National Award for choreography. Since the time I have choreographed Vishwaroopam, a lot of filmmakers from down South are contacting me to get their projects choreographed," informed Panditji, who would be conferred with the lifetime achievement award at the 27th Dance Festival in the US.

Besides all these achievements, there's one thing that disappoints the maestro. And that is the apathy of the UP government towards him. "Once I met Mulayam Singh Yadavji and asked him to declare my ancestral property in Lucknow as a museum, but till date nothing has been done in this direction. I also asked the state government to provide me with land in Lucknow so that I could develop a Kala Ashram there, but again nothing has been done. I want to establish a Kala Ashram in Lucknow or Kanpur where dancers can come and learn Kathak in a natural environment. I would once again like to appeal to the UP government to think in this direction because this effort would make Kathak even more popular among youngsters and the legacy will continue," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Madhuri-is-a-fantastic-dancer-Pt-Birju-Maharaj/articleshow/20122793.cms

#66 - Posted on Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
How different Madhuri Dixit will be from Vidya Balan in Dedh Ishqiya

For those who saw Abhishek Choubey’s Ishqiya three years ago, the film’s raw sexual energy between Vidya Balan and Arshad Warsi still remains vivid. The news on the sequel Dedh Ishqiya is that Huma Qureshi who is Arshad’s co-star, has pulled out all stops in the love-making scenes, making Ishqiya look like a teaser trailer of foreplay before the actual act. That’s not all. Madhuri Dixit has also done some intimate scenes with her co-star Naseeruddin Shah, and that too without inhibitions. Here’s looking at how different will Mads be from Vids…

Vidya was a village belle, a femme fatale, a mysterious woman and a forgotten widow. A bundle of contradictions, she was initially seen as a vision of purity, who later engaged in a lustful bout with a house guest.

Madhuri plays a begum in the film who lives in a palace in Lucknow. In the genteel aristocratic world of Madhuri there is shayari and mushaaira.

Remember Vidya’s drunken dance in Ishqiya? Of course you do. Her risque moments in Ibn-E-Batuta is etched into everyone’s long term memory.

Madhuri will do a semi-classical dance number Jaagi Saari Raina choreographed by the Kathak legend Birju Maharaj. Director Abhishek Choubey says, “We wove her dancing skills into the script.”

Vidya’s intimate scenes with Arshad were earthy and raw. And their chemistry was sizzling. The scene where she sucks his thumb was shockingly suggestive and never-seen-before in any Hindi film.

Madhuri’s scenes with Naseer are of the amorous kind. Says Choubey, “It’s not easy to shoot intimate scenes. Actors have to trust my vision. And I had to make sure I didn’t let her and the other actors down.”

http://fenilandbollywood.com/2013/05/30/how-different-madhuri-dixit-will-be-from-vidya-balan-in-dedh-ishqiya/

#67 - Posted on Thu May 30, 2013 5:12 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit reminds me of Waheeda Rehman: Birju Maharaj

For legendary Kathak exponent Birju Maharaj, actress Madhuri Dixit is the best dancer in Bollywood after veteran star Waheeda Rehman.

"Madhuri is an excellent dancer. She is in the same league with actresses like Waheeda Rehman and Meena Kumari as far as dancing is concerned. She dances with a lot of grace. I think she is the best dancer in Indian cinema after Waheeda Rehman. She reminds me of her," the Padma Vibhushan Kathak maestro told PTI from Mumbai where he is shooting with Madhuri.

Birju Maharaj and the 46-year-old actress will soon perform a special jugalbandi act on the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, which will have Kathak piece on the song Piya Tose Naina Lage Re.

The 75-year-old legendary dancer has choreographed Madhuri in films Dil To Pagal Hai (DTPH), Devdas and most recently did a song for her upcoming film Dedh Ishqiya.

Asked about his experience of working with Madhuri, he said that she is a quick learner and always tries to excel.

"I worked with her for the first time in 1997 for a dance sequence where actor (Shah Rukh) is playing the drum in another room and she dances on those beats.

"It has been more than 15 years but her dedication towards dance is the same. She grabs quickly and is a genius dancer. Her expressions are just perfect," said Birju Maharaj.

On item songs replacing classical dance numbers in Bollywood, he said that this is the reason people still love old songs.

"Who can forget Waheeda Rehman in Guide or Meena Kumari in Pakeeza. We don't get to see Kathak or other classical dance based songs in cinema today and that is the reason people still love to watch old songs. Madhuri has kept the tradition of classical dance in cinema alive. Be it Devdas's Kahe Ched Mohe or dance sequence of Dil To Pagal Hai , she has performed brilliantly," said the National Award-winning choreographer.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/madhuri-dixit-reminds-me-of-waheeda-rehman-birju-maharaj/1123240/

#68 - Posted on Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri to lock lips with arshad warsi

Even as a top actress of the 90s, Madhuri Dixit never really gave in to bold roles and brazen lip-locks on screen. But the diva is ready for a little experiment. She had agreed to shed the “good girl” image for her upcoming film Dedh Ishqiya and from what we hear, has also given a green signal for a lip-lock with co-actor Arshad Warsi.
Producer Vishal Bhardwaj has apparently convinced Madhuri about the essence of the scene after which she couldn’t turn it down. “Madhuri has in the past as well, given in to demands of the scripts. Unless it is absolutely essential, she won’t do anything that will go against her image,” says a close source.
Dedh Ishqiya especially, is a project close to Madhuri’s heart. “At this stage in her career, she’s looking for challenging roles. Being a through professional, she will certainly pull it off with a lot of grace and class,” adds the source.

http://www.andhraidle.com/madhuri-to-lock-lips-with-arshad-warsi/

#69 - Posted on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:01 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Arshad shivers after slapping Madhuri

Dedh Ishqiya' has its share of rustic rawness and violence.

While displaying anger, like he did in the first part, came easily to Arshad Warsi, beating Madhuri Dixit violently put the actor into a quandary. Not surprising, since it would unnerve any seasoned actor if he had to slap a senior actor for a scene.

"Whenever the director told Arshad that the shot required him to hit Madhuri, he was nervous," revealed a unit source.

In one of the scenes, Arshad was required to slap his co-star hard. Naturally, Arshad was apprehensive that he had to hit Mads. "The discomfort was so apparent that Madhuri could not help but feel amused by Arshad's plight. The director had to ask for quite a few retakes as Arshad would invariably end up hitting her softly and the incident became a joke with the unit," said the source.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Arshad-shivers-after-slapping-Madhuri/articleshow/20698230.cms

#70 - Posted on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit refuses to use cuss words in Dedh Ishqiya

While Abhishek Chaubey's 2010 film 'Ishqiya' was generously peppered with expletives, the sequel 'Dedh Ishqiya' steers clear of the use of profanity. Reason being Madhuri Dixit, who plays the lead role in the film, wasn't comfortable using foul language unlike Vidya Balan, who had no qualms spouting the choicest of cuss words in the original.

Apparently, Madhuri expressed her reservations to Chaubey, who agreed, also because he thought the actress' character (a Begum) didn't quite demand the use of offensive language as opposed to that played by Vidya in Ishqiya.

Dedh Ishqiya sees the return of Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi as the crooks they played in the original. The film has been shot against the backdrop of Lucknow city and Chaubey is busy working on its post-production. It now remains to be seen whether the makers' decision to do away with the gaalis ensures a U/A rating for the film.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Madhuri-Dixit-refuses-to-use-cuss-words-in-Dedh-Ishqiya/articleshow/20811104.cms

#71 - Posted on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:43 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri's next delayed

Madhuri Dixit is shining bright on the idiot box but the wait for her silver screen comeback just got longer. The release of Abhishek Chaubey's Dedh Ishqiya starring the Jhalak Dikhla Jaa judge has been postponed by three-and-half months.

The film, scheduled to release on October 18, will now hit the theatres on January 31 next year to avoid a clash with Imtiaz Ali's Highway. The plans were changed after Sajid Nadiadwala, the producer of Highway, requested Vishal Bharadwaj the producer of Dedh Ishqiya, to postpone the release date and he complied.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Madhuris-next-delayed/articleshow/21539803.cms

#72 - Posted on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:37 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#73 - Posted on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:00 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
“Dedh Ishqiya written exclusively for Madhuri”

Mumbai: Bollywood film director Abhishek Chaubey says he always had actress Madhuri Dixit in his mind for the sequel of 'Ishqiya'.
'Dedh Ishqiya' a black comedy thriller film directed by Abhishek Chaubey that stars Madhuri Dixit, Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah, and Huma Qureshi in the lead roles.

The film is a sequel to 2010 hit film 'Ishqiya' that featured Vidya Balan in the lead. She bagged the best actress award at various award functions.

The makers revealed that for the role of Begum in 'Dedh Ishqiya' Madhuri was the only choice as the character was written keeping her in mind. Filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj was in touch with the actress for the role even before she had shifted back to India from the USA.

"It was a role written exclusively for Madhuri. She plays the Begum. Vidya's character had nothing left in it to take the story forward. So there was no way that I could've included her in 'Dedh Ishqiya'," Chaubey said.

The sequel will see Arshad and Naseeruddin reprising their roles and is said to release next year.

http://www.newsbullet.in/movies/25-more/45917-dedh-ishqiya-written-exclusively-for-madhuri

#74 - Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#75 - Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:30 pm

View user profile

Sponsored content

#76 - Posted