Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Dedh Ishqiya

Dedh Ishqiya

Page 2 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
VISHAL BHARDWAJ WILL FIXIT FOR DIXIT

With Madhuri Dixit settling down in India, the chances of working with the actress have brightened for many filmmakers who now want to cast her.

And Vishal Bharadwaj, whose other projects are not taking of due to lack of actors and actors having second thoughts, has now decided that he would be chasing the actress to ensure that a film production starts off immediately even though his own film 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola'is shaking as per the mood swings or call that the 'mandolas'of Bollywood stars like Ajay Devgn and Shahid Kapoor.

Vishal has now spoken to Madhuri and clarified every query that she had about the sequel to 'Ishqiya'for which he had earlier spoken to her.

While 'Ishqiya'had Vidya Balan in it, 'Dedh Ishqiya'will only have Madhuri Dixit in the lead role with Kangna Ranaut playing the second fiddle. When we recently asked Kangna about fiddling around with a role that Vidya had done before, this is what she had to offer. " I am very excited about the film, however talking about it at the moment would be too soon. I would just say that the script of the film is very good and my character is very strong. I have nothing to say about replacing Vidya," was her refrain.

And contrary to what has appeared in the press before about the film being shelved our know all in Bollywood tells us that director Abhishek Chaubey has made all changes that Madhuri Dixit wanted in the script to enable her to work in the film. The source also informs that Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah will retain their jobs while Vidya Balan loses hers to make way for Madhuri Dixit.

Abhishek Chaubey, confirms, " Yes, the project is already underway. We are working out our dates with Madhuri. Once that is done, the film will go on the floors." When we asked Madhuri Dixit about whether she had watched the first installment of the film, she said, " Yes I have seen the film and appreciated it a lot and loved it." And when asked about whether she would be seen in the sequel 'Dedh Ishqiya', she smiles, " Yes! I m looking forward to acting provided I get a green signal from my family members. I have to look after my family especially my growing school going kids I need to look after their studies food and their well- being etc. If I manage working in films it will be the comfort level of my family members first." This clearly meant that the comfort of her family even about her doing certain work was important and hence the changes were made to enable Madhuri be in the film… After all 'Dedh Ishqiya'without Madhuri will be so adhuri… as such without Vidya Balan, it could have been 'Dead Ishqiya'. In the meantime Vidya surely must be peeved. She had earlier thought of sacking Arshad and Naseer and offered the jobs to Shah Rukh Khan and Hugh Jackman at FICCI Frames where the latter was a guest and that backfired on her.

When we had spoken recently to Vidya about her having a fall out with Vishal Bharadwaj over 'Dedh Ishqiya'as well as 'Daayan'the other film she was offered by Vishal and which she had rejected, the actress was a tad too nonchalant in her reply.

" I am very thankful that he considered me for a film like 'Ishqiya'. But then that does not mean that I will be working in all his films in small or big roles," is what she had to offer.

#26 - Posted on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:47 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Madhuri Dixit yet to sign Ishqiya sequel

B-town is abuzz with news that Madhuri Dixit is set to make her much-awaited comeback with the sequel to Vishal Bhardwaj's Ishqiya, but the Bollywood diva says she is yet to sign the film.

Dedh Ishqiya, as the second instalment is being called, is still in its scripting stage and the film's director Abhishek Chaubey has said he is writing it keeping the Dhak Dhak girl in mind.

"I haven't signed the film yet, as soon as I sign something I will definitely let you know. They are working on the script. I haven't heard it so as soon as I have heard it I will decide what to do," Madhuri told PTI.

The 44-year-old mother of two, who was last seen in Aaja Nachle, relocated to India with her family in October last year after living for a decade in the US.

"It will take a little more time for us to settle down fully. The kids are going to school. My parents are also settling down now. We are enjoying our time here and I am loving what I am doing," she said.

Madhuri is yet take up a film project but the actress is the face of a number of brands these days, which is keeping her busy.

She has always been admired for her 1000 watt smile and Madhuri, who is the smile ambassador for Oral B's new movement, says she wants to help her fans better their dental health.

"I really believe in their movement which they have started in India, specially with the bad habits that we have -paan-chewing, tobacco-chewing. People have admired me for my smile over the years, my fans have gone gaga over my smile, so this is a way of giving back to them, telling them this is what you need to do to have a good smile," she said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_madhuri-dixit-yet-to-sign-ishqiya-sequel_1635794

#27 - Posted on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Bollywood soon, but not yet: Madhuri

New Delhi, Jan 10 - Will Madhuri Dixit feature in 'Ishqiya' sequel or will she be seen as a judge on 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa' yet again? Even as several rumours dog the actress's return to the arc lights, she hints that her fans will have to wait a little longer for her to make any official announcement.

The 44-year-old was in town Tuesday to talk about her association with dental care brand Oral-B as the Chief Smile Officer of its Smile India Campaign.

When she was asked when she will be ready to spread smiles in tinsel town, Madhuri told IANS: 'Well soon, not yet!'

She is quite secretive about her work plans so far, but admitted she is adjusting well with her husband Sriram Nene, and two kids - Arin and Raayan.

'Mumbai is treating me well. I am smiling, so yes, it's great,' she said.

Madhuri, who delivered memorable performances in 'Tezaab', 'Ram Lakhan', 'Sajan', 'Beta', 'Dil', 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun!', 'Dil Toh Pagal Hai' and 'Devdas', had shifted abroad after tying the knot in 2002 with US-based doctor Nene.

But now she has relocated to Mumbai.

She accepted the role of a narrator to launch a new general entertainment channel Life OK!, and so there have been doubts whether Sony Entertainment Channel will let her sit on the judge's seat for the next season of dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' or not.

For now, the lady with a million-dollar smile, is on a mission to spread healthy smiles across the nation through the Smile India Campaign.

'I always spread smiles for the country wherever I go. But I want other people to do that more often. That's why I have associated with this smile movement.

'I have always been appreciated for my smile ever since I joined films and people have appreciated me for that. My fan base says that the best thing about you is your smile, and I felt this was a nice way to give back,' said Madhuri.

The actress says the pre-requisite for a good smile is good teeth, and people should 'brush twice a day, for two minutes each and visit the dentist every six months'.

http://www.nerve.in/news:253500445385?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nerve%2Findia+(India+-+Breaking+News)

#28 - Posted on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri to act in Ishqiya sequel

Madhuri Dixit-Nene has signed her first film after moving back to the country last November, and it's not a dance film directed by choreographer Remo D'Souza, as reported.

Her manager says she hasn't even been approached for that film. In fact, she has signed on the dotted line for the sequel of Vishal Bhardwaj's "Ishqiya", which is titled "Dedh Ishqiya", to be directed by Abhishek Choubey, who also made the Vidya Balan-Naseeruddin Shah-Arshad Warsi starrer.

While Vidya won't be returning to the sequel, the two male leads have been retained, and Kangna Ranaut has been added to the cast. "Dedh Ishqiya" is about the adventures of Arshad and Naseer and takes off from where "Ishqiya" ended. Madhuri met Abhishek last week and confirmed her presence in the film. Says an insider, "Madhuri will play a grey character called Shahi Begum. She is paired opposite Naseeruddin Shah. The character calls for nawaabi style mein ishq ladaana and spouting shayiris."

Madhuri's manager Rikku Rakeshnath confirms, "Madhuri is doing the film, and she is very charged up about it. Vishal was keen that she do this film. Though talks have been going on for a few months, we had the final narration last Saturday, where Madhuri said yes. The money and dates have also been sorted." A spokesperson from Shemaroo (who is co-producing the film), adds, "We will start shooting from May."

#29 - Posted on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female

#30 - Posted on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit to star in Vishal's 'Dedh Ishqiya'

Actress Madhuri Dixit Nene has finally signed on the dotted line for Vishal Bhardwaj as the female lead in 'Dedh Ishqiya'.

Since Madhuri returned to India, there were reports that she will replace Vidya Balan in the sequel to the 2010 hit 'Ishqiya'. But the Bollywood diva vehemently kept denying it. Now that she has signed the film, the 44-year-old confirmed it on Twitter.

She would also be judging the fifth season of dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja' for the second time.

"Hey guys, back in action. On sets for Star's Life OK. Am doing Dedh Ishqiya. 'Jhalak' right around the corner. More to come!," Madhuri tweeted.

Abhishek Chaubey had directed the rural drama, which opened to great reviews and box office collections. The film was produced by Vishal Bhardwaj.

Earlier, talking about the sequel of 'Ishqiya', in an interview, Vidya had said, "In the first part, the two men (Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi come to my village to meet me. In the next part, they will go elsewhere, so obviously they will meet someone new and not me. Anyways, I like Madhuri Dixit and I'm happy that she is in the sequel."

Madhuri's last release was Aditya Chopra's 'Aaja Nachle' which did not fare well at the box office.

#31 - Posted on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:06 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit Is Doing Dedh Ishqiya!! CONFIRMED!!!

We told you about this months ago!!!

And finally Madhuri Dixit confirmed it via her Twitter account tweeting,

“Hey guys, back in action. On set for Star’s Life OK. Am doing Dedh Ishquiya . Jhalak right around the corner. More to come!”

The sequel to Vishal Bhardwaj’s movie that made our dils go hubba hubba over Vidya Balan’s rustic hotness is going to be directed by Abhishek Choubey again (thank bhagwaaaaan) with MD and Kangana Ranaut whose playing the second lead. Oh and of course the two guys who like MADE the movie will be back too! Duh!

And according to an “insider” (in the production unit of the movie) who spilled the beans to Bombay Times….Madhuri’s role sounds VEEEERY promising. Like ridicc promising.

The insider reveals,

“Madhuri will play a grey character – a begum whose style of ishq is very nawabi. Its her shauq to spout shayari while wooing her man. She is paried opposite Naseer.”

Ah-Mah-GAAAD. This could be the dopest comeback ever!!!! Just imagine her epic dialogue delivery in ridicc ornate suits with jewels and that ADA!!!! And what if they even throw in a proper mujra by Saroj Khan???? Haiiiiiiiiiii!!!

WE. DIE.

Slash filming starts around Mayish!

Whose excited????!!!!!

http://www.thedailyhoney.com/2012/04/madhuri-dixit-is-doing-dedh-ishqiya-confirmed/

#32 - Posted on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri to woo Naseeruddin in Ishqiya sequel!

Madhuri Dixit Nene has finally signed her first film since moving back to Mumbai from the US last November.

And it's not a dance-based film directed by choreographer Remo D'Souza, as was reported by a tabloid yesterday. Her manager says she hasn't even been approached for that film.

nstead, Mads has signed the sequel to Vishal Bhardwaj's Ishqiya, titled Dedh Ishqiya, to be directed by Abhishek Choubey, who also made the previous film.

While Vidya Balan won't be returning in the sequel, the two heroes have been retained and Kangana Ranaut has been added to the cast.

DI is about the adventures of Arshad and Naseer and takes off from where Ishqiya ended.

Says an insider, "Madhuri will play a grey character — a begum whose style of ishq in very nawabi. It's her shauq to spout shayari while wooing her man. She is paired opposite Naseer."

Madhuri met Abhishek last week and confirmed her presence in the film. Her manager Rikku Rakeshnath says, "Yes, Madhuri is doing the film. She is very charged about the role, as it's unusual & nothing like the work she's done before. Vishal was keen that she do this film. Though talks have been going on for the last couple of months, we had the final narration last Saturday and Madhuri finally said yes. Money and dates have also been sorted."

A spokesperson from Shemaroo (who is co-producing the film), adds, "We will start shooting the film in May."

http://www.indiatimes.com/bollywood/madhuri-to-woo-naseeruddin-in-ishqiya-sequel-19342.html

#33 - Posted on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit set to be the bad woman on screen with Dedh Ishqiya!

Madhuri Dixit is well known for her clean image in the Indian film industry. But it seems that this time the lady has decided to go beyond the lines as she is all set to shake the chords of her enthusiasts by going bold with Vishal Bhardwaj’s Dedh Ishqiya.

Vishal is well known for his unflinching depiction, he is the filmmaker who made Saif Ali Khan spit gaalis in Omkara and post that the title of his next Kaminey created quite a rage. In Ishqiya, he made Vidya Balan spit a few fiery cusses and now he has roped in Madhuri for his upcoming. This makes it pretty clear that Madhuri, who has been the sophisticated beauty on-screen so far, will need to play the dirty side.

Now the question arises will the filmmaker make Madhuri to mouth obscenities in his next project? Would she be able to justify her role the way Vidya did in its prequel? And even if one assumes that she might pull it up well, then too there are a lot many challenges which the diva might have to deal throughout the making of the film. Intense love making scenes also form an integral part of a Vishal film and Dedh Ishqiya would undoubtedly follow the suit.

No one can doubt Madhuri’s acting prowess but the questions raised certainly stand justified. Let’s see what answers we get in the end!

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Madhuri_Dixit_set_to_be_the_bad_woman_on_screen_with_Dedh_Ishqiya-gid-12294-gc-6.html

#34 - Posted on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit will play a begum in ‘Dedh Ishqyia’!

The Dhak dhak queen has confirmed that she will step into the sexy shoes of a sensual, conniving woman in Abhishek Chaubey’s Ishqiya sequel

For a while everyone has been speculating galore about Madhuri Dixit-Nene’s acting assignments. And why not! Didn’t she move to India with bags, baggage and family to restart a once-flourishing career in Bollywood? The recent rumour floating about is that that the Dhak dhak queen had signed two new films – one with Remo D’Souza and another with Nikhil Advani. But it seems that there is no truth to those stories. So we tried to clear the confusion on MD’s acting career. We discovered that the 44-year- old has said ‘yes’ to only two projects so far – Abhishek Chaubey’s Dedh Ishqiya and to return as a judge on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’s next season of dance competition.

For the first time the Dhak dhak queen will bring out her dark side onscreen. Her role in the long-awaited sequel is a grey character with a touch of class – literally speaking. MD plays a royal begum who loves mouthing shayaris to woo her man. And her lover’s character is the same that was portrayed by Naseeruddin Shah in the original. He and Arshad Warsi’s character will return in the sequel. However, Vidya Balan, the lady who shocked everyone with her chutzpah and oomph – and that unforgettable thumb-sucking act – won’t be a part of the next edition, since the story unfolds in another city. Unlike the original, the sequel will have one more leading lady, a new character to be played by Kangna Ranaut. And this is no hearsay; we know.

Madhuri’s first Bollywood assignment after her return to India will go on the floors in May. Let’s wait and watch if her legendary sizzle will return to overshadow Vidya’s raw sexual appeal in the sequel.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/madhuri-dixit-will-play-a-begum-in-dedh-ishqyia/

#35 - Posted on Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Naseer-Madhuri turn con artists

After Gaja Gamini, the actors will come together again in Abhishek Choubey's Dedh Ishqiya where they keep outwitting each other

Naseeruddin Shah and Madhuri Dixit will team up once again, this time around for Abhishek Choubey's Dedh Ishqiya. We've learnt both actors play con artists who are into a game of one-upmanship throughout the film. Said Naseer, "It's a really funny script. I am very happy to get to work with Madhuri. Whatever work we've done together so far has been very sketchy."

Recalling their past collaborations, Naseer said, "Madhuri and I have worked together in Rajkumar which was not so nice. And then we did (laughs) Gaja Gamini together. Maybe you should ask Madhuri what Gaja Gamini was all about. I still haven't been able to figure it out. We also did Tridev before these two films although we didn't have any work together in the film. Madhuri used to play cricket with my son Imaad. He was 3 at the time. And she took a liking to him."

At present, Naseer is shooting a film called John Day, a vigilante story directed by debutante Solomon. Asked about the film with Mrinal Sen, he said, "I don't know anything about this project. I will surely work with him if he asks me to. No questions asked."

#36 - Posted on Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#37 - Posted on Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Luskamralus wrote:

#38 - Posted on Wed May 30, 2012 1:22 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Kangna to dance to Madhuri's beat

This is going to be a tough call for Kangna Ranaut. In Vishal Bhardwaj’s Dedh Ishqiya, the sequel to 2010’s hit black comedy Ishqiya starring Vidya Balan with Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi, she has to match steps with dhak-dhak girl Madhuri Dixit.

In the sequel, Madhuri replaces Vidya and plays a character called Nawabi Begum whose role requires a lot of dancing. Kangna’s chacarter is that of the Begum’s pyari saheli and, naturally, she would have to join in the dancing. Director Abhishek Choubey has already told Kangna to brush up her steps.

Dedh Ishqiya takes the uncle-nephew pair of Naseeruddin and Arshad to Lucknow and into a highly cultured Muslim family where Madhuri and Kangna are romanced by the duo respectively. Abhishek’s idea was to place the Naseer and Arshad characters in a completely different milieu. “Repetition is death for me. I was against doing a sequel in the first place, because no matter how one looks at it, a sequel is an extension of the first film. But when I finally decided on doing Dedh Ishqiya I decided to put the characters in a totally different ambience,” said the director, who intends to revive the old world Nawabi charm of ornate architecture, the tehzeeb and the adaas of Muslim socials like Mere Mehboob, Mere Huzoor, Chaudhvin Ka Chand and Nikaah. Abhishek’s genre would be contemporized. But the essence, the flavor of the period, its grace and most important the decadence of that nawabi culture would remain.

Madhuri, a classical dancer, would be seen doing a lot of singing and dancing. Music was very important to Ishqiya and so it will remain in Dedh Ishqiya, though this time the songs and music would be very different.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-kangna-to-dance-to-madhuris-beat-3391759.html?HFB=

#39 - Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:20 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Can Kangna dance to Madhuri's tunes?

It will definitely not be easy for Kangna Ranaut to match steps with Madhuri Dixit in Dedh Ishqiya, but the actor is trying to catch up. Madhuri has a lot of dancing to do in director Abhishek Choubey’s Ishqiya sequel, and Kangna, who plays her close friend, has to join in, too. Apparently, Abhishek has asked the younger actor to brush up her dancing skills.

Luckily, Madhuri and Kangna get along well. The film, too, promises to be one hell of a ride for the two actors. The duo will work with the uncle-nephew pair played by Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi, and be part of their adventures which started when they landed at the doorstep of a wily widow in rural Uttar Pradesh in Ishqiya.

The sequel takes Naseer and Arshad to Lucknow, to a cultured Muslim family where the two ladies, Madhuri and Kangna, are wooed by the uncle and nephew, respectively.

Abhishek says the idea was to place Naseer and Arshad’s characters in a completely different milieu. He says, “Repetition is death for me.

I was against doing a sequel in the first place, because no matter how one looks at it, a sequel is an extension of the first film. But then when I finally did decide to take up the sequel, Dedh Ishqiya, I decided to set the story and characters in a completely different ambiance.”

This time, Abhishek takes his Ishqiya heroes to the near-extinct genre of Hindi cinema, known as Muslim social, which portrays and critiques Islamic culture in India.

Abhishek says, “I want to revive that old-world Nawabi charm of ornate architecture, the tehzeeb and the adaas that we saw in Muslim socials such as Mere Mehboob, Mere Huzoor, Chaudhvin Ka Chand and Nikaah. Of course, the genre will be contemporised. But the essence of the genre, the flavour of the period, its grace and, most importantly, the decadence of that culture, will remain.”

It seems only natural that Madhuri, best known for her outstanding dancing skills, gets to explore all of that in Dedh Ishqiya. Abhishek says, “Music was very important in Ishqiya, and the same goes for Dedh Ishqiya, too. This time, however, the songs and music will be very different. But yes, Madhuri will have a lot to sing and dance to.”

#40 - Posted on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
I am Madhuri's fan, eager to work with her again: Naseeruddin

Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah, who will share the screen space with Madhuri Dixit in Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', says he is a “fan” of the dhak dhak girl and is eager to work with her again.

'Dedh Ishqiya' is a sequel to 2010 film 'Ishqiya' starring Vidya Balan, Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi. While Naseer and Arshad would reprise their roles of conman, Madhuri has replaced Balan.

This is not the first time that Madhuri and Naseer would be seen on the silver screen. They have worked together in films like Rajiv Rai's 'Tridev' (1989), Pankaj Parashar's 'Rajkumar' (1996) M F Hussain's 'Gaja Gamini' (2000)-the last two films bombed at the box office.

“Madhuri and I have worked together before and I am her fan. I don't know how many films of mine she has seen but I always thought she is a good actress and I am waiting to work with her again,” he told reporters on sidelines of a promotional event for his upcoming film, 'Maximum'.

“I am waiting for the shooting to begin. It will be at the end of the year. I am waiting also because it will be Abhishek Chaubey's next film. I feel it will be better than 'Ishqiya', ” Naseer said.

His next release is director Kabeer Kaushik's crime-thriller 'Maximum' starring himself, Sonu Sood, Neha Dhupia and Vinay Pathak in lead roles and is set to hit the screens on June 29.

Naseer who is essaying the role of a cop in 'Maximum', says, “the subject of this film appealed to me. I liked my role and it was a wonderful experience working in this film”.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/i-am-madhuris-fan-eager-to-work-with-her-again-naseeruddin/963871/

#41 - Posted on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#42 - Posted on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:02 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Dancing Diva Has Company On The Floor
Comments
By Githa Vanan
Posted on June 28th, 2012 in Movies, News

While there is no question that Madhuri Dixit Nene’s involvement in Dedh Ishqiya has had an attention magnet effect on B-town, the latest is surely to raise a few brows and the bar.

We all know how hard it was for the makers of Dil To Pagal Hai to find a suitable actress for Karishma Kapoor’s roll, especially since there was a dancing competition between the two actresses beyond the roles themselves. Even though Aishwarya matched step for step in Devdas, it’s is now Kangana Ranaut’s to step into the her best dancing shoes as she joins the cast and is said to be paired with Arshad Warsi, while Madame M is with Nasseeruddhin Shah.

“Yes, Madhuri would be doing a lot of singing and dancing,” says director Saab Abhishek Chaubey. He also confirms the two lovely ladies will be sharing ample screen space and platform space for dancing too. An extra treat comes in the form of the background as the Ishqiya director intends to bring back the Nawabi culture that he adored in Mere Mehboob, Mere Huzoor and Nikaah. “Of course, the genre would be contemporized. But the essence of the genre, the flavour of the period, its essence and grace and, most important, the decadence of that Nawabi culture would remain.”

Dedh Ishqiya may well be the sweet box office indulgence of the year.

#43 - Posted on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#44 - Posted on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#45 - Posted on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:25 am

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit's Dedh Ishqiya Delayed Due To Incomplete Script

July 17, 2012, (Sawfnews.com) - Abhishek Chaubey, writer/director of Ishqiya sequel headlining Madhuri Dixit, Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah, and Kangana Ranaut says he did not get enough time to complete his script due to another film currently under production.

Abhishek has written the screenplay for Vishal Bhardwaj's Matru Ki Bijli Ka Man Dola headlining Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma, and the film is now close to being wrapped.

"We have already finalized the cast but since I am about to wrap up the shoot of my current film, I did not get enough time to complete the script of Dedh Ishqiya," Abhishek told Mid-Day.

The film will be shot in and around Lucknow, but locations have not yet been finalized.

"I will be going for a recce to UP and hopefully we will be shooting in and around Lucknow."

http://www.sawfnews.com/Bollywood/69232.aspx

#46 - Posted on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit to get bold in ‘Dedh Ishqiya

KARACHI: The Queen of Bollywood, Madhuri Dixit is making a comeback to the industry with a bold new movie titled “Dedh Ishqiya”, a sequel to the highly-acclaimed 2010 release “Ishqiya”.

Dixit said that she has no inhibitions in performing intimate scenes on-screen.

Speaking to the media Dixit said, "I don't think marriage or motherhood has anything to do with an actor's work. My kids (Arin and Rayan) and husband (Dr Sriram Nene) know that I'm an artist. I can't shy away from anything that a script demands, even if it's physical intimacy."

The professional actress added, "If I'm convinced that it's essential to the script, and I know it will be shot aesthetically, I won't say no to intimate scenes. Vidya's scenes were shot so beautifully in Ishqiya. If Dedh Ishqiya absolutely needs something of that sort, I'm game."

Dedh Ishqiya features Dixit alongside actors Arshad Warsi, Kangana Ranaut and veteran Bollywood legend Naseeruddin Shah. The film will be directed by Abhishek Chaubey and produced under Vishal Bhardwaj.

Dedh Ishqiya is expected to be released sometime towards the end of this year.

#47 - Posted on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:24 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#48 - Posted on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Dedh Ishqiya shoot postponed, to start in January 2013

Actor Arshad Warsi, who will reprise his role of Babban in Dedh Ishqiya, reveals that the shooting of the film has been postponed once again. It will now go on the floors in January next year.

Actress Madhuri Dixit is making a comeback with this film, a sequel to the 2010-hit
Ishqiya.

"I have finished three movies, they are going to release whenever they have to. I am chilling now, I was supposed to start shooting for Dedh Ishqiya which has been postponed to January, so I am taking a good time," Arshad Warsi said on Thursday while launching the book Don't Think of a Blue Ball by Malti Bhojwani.

"I am off to Canada in about three days, I am on the board of directors for the International Indian Film Festival, Toronto, so I am going there," the 44-year-old added.

Shooting for Dedh Ishqiya, to be directed by Abhishek Chaubey, was initially supposed to start in September 2011 but was moved forward to November and later February 2012 due to Abhishek's wedding.

Then the news came that the film will go on floors in September this year.

#49 - Posted on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:22 am

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Actor Arshad Warsi, who will reprise his role of Babban in Dedh Ishqiya, reveals that the shooting of the film has been postponed once again. It will now go on the floors in January next year.

Actress Madhuri Dixit is making a comeback with this film, a sequel to the 2010-hit
Ishqiya.

"I have finished three movies, they are going to release whenever they have to. I am chilling now, I was supposed to start shooting for Dedh Ishqiya which has been postponed to January, so I am taking a good time," Arshad Warsi said on Thursday while launching the book Don't Think of a Blue Ball by Malti Bhojwani.

"I am off to Canada in about three days, I am on the board of directors for the International Indian Film Festival, Toronto, so I am going there," the 44-year-old added.

Shooting for Dedh Ishqiya, to be directed by Abhishek Chaubey, was initially supposed to start in September 2011 but was moved forward to November and later February 2012 due to Abhishek's wedding.

Then the news came that the film will go on floors in September this year.

#50 - Posted on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:22 am

View user profile

Sponsored content

#51 - Posted

Page 2 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum