Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Latest News/Articles Section » Dedh Ishqiya

Dedh Ishqiya

Page 1 of 5 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2011-02-04

A sequel starring two sweethearts

It seems like Vidya Balan may finally get a chance to get up close and personal with her idol. Back in 2006, when Vidya was just two-films-old in the industry, she was asked who her idol was. “Madhuri Dixit,” Vidya had promptly replied, adding that she only wanted to conduct her career with half the grace and dignity that Mads had.

A few years later and Vidya has made a name for herself as the thinking man’s pin-up girl in Bollywood. Much like Mads, she also captured the attention of the legendary painter M.F. Husain. And now, Vidya may just have more in common to the Dhak Dhak girl. If industry buzz is to be believed, Vidya and Mads may soon co-star in the sequel to Ishqiya, titled Dedh Ishqiya.

“Director Abhishek Chaubey is very keen on having Mads star alongside Vidya,” says a source connected to the sequel. “It will be quite something to watch the two radiant beauties together.” Indeed it will, but we’re sure that Vidya can more than hold her own against her idol. After all, she did shine even in a de-glam avatar alongside Rani Mukherjee in No One Killed Jessica. We only wonder, will Mads have a role as grey as Vidya’s in the original?

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/bollywood/sequel-starring-two-sweethearts-940

#1 - Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:25 am
View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Number of posts : 3313
Registration date : 2007-05-11
thanks for the article

#2 - Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

View user profile

sumi

Admin
Admin
Female
Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-04-09
thanx

#3 - Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

View user profile http://www.madhuridixitnene.net

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female
My pleasure Smile

#4 - Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 pm
View user profile

Preity93

Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-30
Thanks for the acticle!! I'm waitting to watch it!
Love Madhuri and Vidya! Two of my fav actress!

#5 - Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:27 pm
View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Number of posts : 8432
Registration date : 2008-10-24

#6 - Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
New avatar for Madhuri Dixit?

http://www.dnaindia.com/videos/1554848

#7 - Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Arshad dreams of Madhuri
Arshad Warsi
Arshad Warsi More Pics
With Vidya Balan not a part of "Ishqiya 2", actor Arshad Warsi is hopeful that his dream might just come true.

While there have been reports about Madhuri Dixit Nene being approached for the sequel, there has been no confirmation as such that the actress will be doing this film. However, one person who seems confident that Madhuri will be a part of "Ishqiya 2" is Arshad Warsi. The actor who was also one of the main characters in "Ishqiya" along with Naseeruddin Shah, says, "I believe Maduri Dixit may do "Ishqiya" (sequel)". More than anything, Arshad wants to fulfill his dreams of acting with Madhuri. "If she (Madhuri) does (this film), my dream to act with her will be fulfilled... I am such a huge fan of hers," said Arshad.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Arshad-dreams-of-Madhuri/articleshow/8922270.cms

#8 - Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:34 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#9 - Posted on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Kangna Ranaut in Ishqiya 2

If all goes well, Kangna Ranaut will join Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi in Dedh Ishqiya. A sequel to 2010 hit Ishqiya, director Abhishek Chaubey’s second directorial venture will go on floors by November this year. Besides Kangna, Madhuri Dixit is also likely to star in the film as second female
related stories

lead.

The movie will see Naseer and Arshad falling in love with two different girls, unlike the original, in which both fell for Vidya’s character. “Since Dedh Ishqiya’s story requires two women, we are in talks with Kangna to play the younger girl. Negotiations with Madhuri are also on. Both are very impressed with the film’s script. Let’s see how things go,” says a source.

IshqiyaWhen contacted, Abhishek refused to divulge details. “We are still working on the story. It’s too early to talk about the casting yet. I’m not in a position to say anything about Dedh Ishqiya,” he says.

But Arshad is more forthcoming. “As far as I know, Kangna Ranaut, Madhuri Dixit, Naseersaab and I are doing the film. I’ll be missing Vidya in the sequel. Besides being a fabulous actor, she is a great friend too. Unfortunately, the script is such that Vidya is not required for the film,” he says.

Arshad adds that Dedh Ishqiya will kick off in November and he will finish his sequences by December. “It’s an exciting prospect to work with Naseersaab again. You always learn new things from him,” he says.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Kangna-Ranaut-in-Ishqiya-2/Article1-712339.aspx

#10 - Posted on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 pm

View user profile

Aiman

Star Member
Star Member
Female

#11 - Posted on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:08 am
View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit, Vishal Bhardwaj Discuss 'Dedh Ishqiya'

July 11, 2011, (Sawf News) - Madhuri Dixit, who arrived in Mumbai early last week, met director Vishal Bharadwaj over the weekend to discuss his upcoming project Dedh Ishqiya.

Vishal is reportedly keen to sign Madhuri for a lead role in the film.

Arshad Warsi first dropped a hint that the 44-year-old Madhuri maybe part of the sequel, after news broke that Vidya Balan will not feature in it.

"I believe Maduri Dixit may do Ishqiya, if she does my dream to act with her will be fulfilled ... I am such a huge fan of hers" Warsi tweeted on June 18.

Vishal and Madhuri are expected to meed again during the week over the project, a source tells Sawfnews.com exclusively.

Following her arrival in Mumbai, Madhuri attended a memorial service for late MF Hussain at Jehangir Art Gallery on July 6.

Madhuri, who was Hussain's first muse and remained so for a long long time, paid tribute to the artist by recalling her experience with him.

On July 10, Madhuri attending a wedding of celebrity Doctors Abhishek and Shefali, where she posed with veteran actors Dilip Kumar and wife Saira Banu.

http://www.sawfnews.com/Bollywood/67265.aspx

#12 - Posted on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Vishal discusses Dedh Ishqiya with Madhuri

Madhuri Dixit is in Mumbai for a few days. The actress has come for some reasons and one of them is Vishal Bhardwaj's forthcoming film Dedh Ishqiya. As reported earlier, the actress has signed the sequel of Ishqiya that will also star Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah.

According to a source, DI is slated to commence in 2012 and Vishal and Abhishek Chaubey who directed Ishqiya, are working on its script. Vishal wanted to discuss a few things with Madhuri and hence met her last weekend. It is also believed that Madhuri will finalise her views on the script and her character before leaving for US.

Madhuri has signed the film and also demanded that her character be as strong as Vidya Balan's in Ishqiya informs a source. Thus she will meet Vishal once again before leaving. Apparently DI won't take the same story forward. Though Arshad and Naseeruddin will play the same characters, the duo will now fall in love with two different girls. Thus apart from Madhuri there will be one more actress in the sequel.

DI will be Madhuri's comeback film yet again after YRF's Aaja Nachle.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Vishal-discusses-Dedh-Ishqiya-with-Madhuri/articleshow/9210600.cms

#13 - Posted on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit To Star in Ishqiya Sequel

Madhuri has been in her home town Mumbai for a few days now, and its all work and no pleasure this time. We reported earlier that she would be a potential starrer for the sequel of Vishal Bhardwaj’s Ishqiya, titled, Dedh Ishqiya and now it’s finally been confirmed that Mads will be part of the movie.

Reliable sources tell us more; Vishal wanted to discuss a few things with Madhuri and hence met her last weekend. It is also believed that Madhuri will finalise her views on the script and her character before leaving for US. Madhuri has signed the film and also demanded that her character be as strong as Vidya Balan's in Ishqiya. Apparently DI won't take the same story forward.’

The original star cast, Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah will also be apart of this sequel, playing the same characters. As well as Madhuri, the producers are in search for another actress, any suggestions?

If all goes to plan, Dedh Ishqiya will go on floors next year.

Madhuri Dixit’s last movie, Aaja Nachle failed at the box office; do you think she’s made a wise decision to star in Dedh Ishqiya?

http://www.desihits.com/news/view/madhuri-dixit-to-star-in-ishqiya-sequel-20110714

#14 - Posted on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:49 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
Madhuri Dixit in 'Ishqiya 2'

Vishal Bhardwaj is super-thrilled about working with his favourite actress Madhuri Dixit. Yes, the filmmaker has zeroed in on the million-dollar smile actress for the sequel of his National Award winning film ‘Ishqiya’.

The news of Madhuri to replace Vidya had been doing rounds since a long time. Bhardwaj, however, during the launch of his latest music album ‘Barse Barse’ confirmed Madhuri’s presence in ‘Ishqiya 2’.

When probed about what made him choose Madhuri over Vidya considering, latter did a commendable job in the prequel, Vishal quickly replies, “As soon as my audience will watch the film, they will realize for themselves, as why I didn’t go ahead with Vidya and chose Madhuri instead.”

Also, was National Award the inspiration behind the decision of making the sequel? “Definitely no, as the sequel was on my mind much before ‘Ishqiya’ got the National Award,” concludes Vishal.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-madhuri-dixit-in-ishqiya-2-2268336.html

#15 - Posted on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:45 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#16 - Posted on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:20 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#17 - Posted on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
'Ishqiya' good, but not sure of sequel- Madhuri Dixit

Madhuri Dixit, ruled the Box-Office for almost two decades, but couldn’t grab much attention by her comeback vehicle ‘Aaja Nachle’. However, the beauty personified actress set the small screen on fire, with the mere ‘Jhalak’ of her dance and poise. Now, the news of Madhuri featuring in remake movies like ‘Ishqiya’ and ‘Saate Pe Saata’ is spreading like a wild fire. But the actress rubbishes all the reports and asserts everyone to wait for her decision.

Her fans are awaiting, directors are keen to work and big names are willing to sign her. But, Dhak-Dhak girl seems to be the only decision maker for her. “I will only talk about movies when I sign them. I have seen ‘Ishqiya’ but I have not read the script. The day I will make any decision, will let everyone know about it. I haven’t signed any film till now,” Madhuri explained.

So, the lady seems to be in demand as everyone wants her back on silver screen.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-ishqiya-good-but-not-sure-of-sequel-madhuri-dixit-2298627.html

#18 - Posted on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:51 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
No ishq for a role in sequel

The Ishqiya sequel has always been a talking point. But ever since it was announced that Madhuri Dixit was being roped in to play the female lead in the Vishal Bhardwaj film, the buzz surrounding it had become even more intense. To further add to the suspense, Mads herself had not openly stated whether she would or would

not be a part of the project. The most the diva would say is, “When I come to a decision, I will inform all my fans”.
Well, Mads has reached that decision and it isn’t a positive one for Vishal or her many fans. “I am not doing Ishqiya,” the actress asserted. “I am here in the country to participate in a food based reality show.”
On probing if even an assignment with the potential of the Ishqiya sequel wasn’t enough to make her come back on the big screen, she retorted, “Ishqiya was great, but I don’t intend to do any films. I’m scheduled to fly back to Denver soon.”
Mad’s strong words may come as a huge blow to the many filmmakers, apart from Vishal, who have been waiting to for her to greenlight their projects. It seems the wait for the Dhak Dhak girl to return to the silver screen may be futile indeed, as she says, “I’m happy playing a wife and a mother. These roles keep me busy.”
Well now that Mads has made up her mind, does Vishal wish he had retained Vidya Balan for the sequel as well? We’re sure Vidya’s now having the last laugh.

http://www.asianage.com/bollywood/no-ishq-role-sequel-312

#19 - Posted on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:35 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#20 - Posted on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Dedh Ishqiya postponed!

The 2010 drama Ishqiya had a two-fold significance to director Abhishek Chaubey. Not only was the film set his first act as director, but also where he met his now fiancee, Supriti, who was one of his assistants.

Unfortunately, with the director's personal life moving forward, he has put his professional endeavours on the back burner.

Chaubey, who was initially slated to start shooting for the sequel of Ishqiya, titled Dedh Ishqiya, in September and then later shifted it to November, has requested producer Vishal Bhardwaj to postpone the dates of filming even further.

Since Chaubey and Supriti have decided to tie the knot in December, the director wants to commence filming only in February 2012.

A source revealed that Bhardwaj had no other option but to concede with Chaubey's request. "Abhishek requested Vishal that he needs some time with Supriti before he starts on the sequel," added the source.

While the male leads from the original film, Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah, have been brought on-board again for the sequel, the source explained that re-scheduling the dates for the new female leads, Madhuri Dixit and Kangna Ranaut pose another challenge for the film.

"That is not going to be an easy task. It was with utmost difficulty that Abhishek managed to get both the ladies to block the same dates. Now, he can only hope that the two are able to adjust the dates again for February," said the source.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Dedh-Ishqiya-postponed/articleshow/9551235.cms

#21 - Posted on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

View user profile

aanchal

MDF Expert
MDF Expert
Female
so is it confirmed that madhuri is doing this movie?

#22 - Posted on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:50 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female
Madhuri Dixit to begin shooting for ‘Ishqiya’ sequel

Madhuri Dixit’s relocation to Mumbai has set off a fresh set of rumours. Buzz is that the Dhak dhak queen will begin shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj’s Ishqyia sequel soon after she settles down in the city. And she will be paired opposite Irrfan Khan. The only actor from the original cast Arshad Warsi is part of the sequel. This time he will romance Kangna Ranaut on screen. If gossipmongers are to be believed, earlier Vidya Balan was also going to be part of the sequel, but seems The Dirty Picture actor did not get convinced to play the role, again. Coming back to Madhuri Dixit, her decision to move back to India has already renewed people’s interest in her. And if all goes back the reigning queen of the 90s maybe back with a bang!

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip-buzz/madhuri-dixit-to-begin-shooting-for-ishqiya-sequel/

#23 - Posted on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:50 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

Madhuri Dixit to star in 'Ishqiya' sequel

No sooner the dhak dhak girl Madhuri Dixit announced her comeback news on twitter, offers started to come her way. She has been approached to play the lead actress in Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Ishqiya’ sequel, ‘Dekh Ishqiya’. Madhuri will join the shooting after she comes back this October.

She will star opposite Irrfan Khan. Arshad Warsi is the only actor from the original who has been signed for the sequel too. He will be paired up opposite Kangana Ranaut.

In the prequel, Vidya Balan was the only heroine but she was not signed for the sequel. Other details of the film were kept under warps.

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/madhuri-dixit-to-star-in-ishqiya-sequel/7943/

#24 - Posted on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm

View user profile

Luskamralus

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female

#25 - Posted on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 am

View user profile

Sponsored content

#26 - Posted