Welcome to MDF-The Largest Madhuri Dixit Forum On Net.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Madhuri Dixit World » Movies/Reviews » Prem Granth

Prem Granth

chapri

In Love With Madhuri Dixit
Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-24
PremGranth is a story of profound and limitless love. The love which has no barriers of caste, creed and colour. A story of tradition, culture and social justice.

Soman(Rishi Kapoor) a student of law and son of head priest Swami Dharam Bhushan Maharaj (Anupam Kher) is a young man with a very strong character and courage of conviction. He always stood by the principles of equality and freedom. He often confronted his father on various irrational issues of social justice. His uncle, the elder brother of his father Nand Lal owned a dairy farm and kept himself away from the affairs or religion and social obligations.

Soman meets beautiful young girl Kajari(Madhuri Dixit) at a festival and is drawn towards her at first sight and that becomes the dawn of their intense and profound LOVE. They part leaving the fire of love burning within Soman. Soman tries his best to find Kajari but all in vain. A year passes...

They meet again. Soman finds his Kajari, his love blossoms again.. He tries to express his love towards her but she remains evasive. The destiny had left marks of pain and agony on her soul. She was victim of cruelties of life and society. She loved Soman but the scares on her soul hovered on her mind each moment of her existence.

Soman comes to know about the sad tale of Kajari. He is tromented. Kajari's love gives him the strength to confront his father and fight the evil in the society. Their love emerges victorious and paves a path towards the new horizons of social justice. The strength and sacrifice of their love again the strength to people burdened under the false social values, to fight back.

Soman and Kajari meet forever and their love and strength becomes an epic of love depicting a story of women's courage and man's determination to fight the social evils.

source:wikipedia

#1 - Posted on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm
View user profile

chapri

Male
review of the movie:

Prem Granth is not a classic. It is a complete showcase for Madhuri's talent; and she gives an award winning performance, as does Om Puri who plays her father. The drawback is Rishi Kapoor who needs to quickly get into shape. Even with his cherubic face he delivers his role with enthusiasm. Normally Rishi wears nice clothes in movies, but not so in this one; maybe to let Madhuri shine and steal the limelight. All the other characters perform well.

There was no need to prolong the rape scene especially if they want more families to see this compelling movie. The little violence towards the end is more symbolic and hence justified. The story line isn't much but every effort has been made to make this an enjoyable movie and yet deliver a very valuable lesson.

Saroj Khan has choreographed the dances beautifully. The first song is so well choreographed and directed, that alone is worth the price of admission. And then there is the outstanding dramatic song "Main Kamjor Aurat" which Lata has done tremendous justice to and has been well picturised per the situation in the movie. It is when I hear Alka miss the sur in the "Baju Band" song that I wished Lataji had sung. But Alka does excel in the duet "Prem Granth" and that shows in the fast climb up the song charts. It always pays to sing the title song. For some reason title songs make hits. And it is always a calculated risk for professional singers to sing one song on a movie track. I mean "Main Kamjor Aurat" is powerful but will it show up in the charts?

For all the effort that has been put into this movie and although it is a different type of movie than Hum Aapke and DDLJ, one must see this in the movie houses (and make it a profitable venture for the R.K banner so that they can continue to give many such different and daring themes and above all quality product ;-).

I put this after Hum Aapke and DDLJ; and in my opinion it is better than Saajan Chale Sasural and some other recent releases. Many who have seen it inspite of mixed feedback liked it. Overall it should be a winner.

#2 - Posted on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:51 pm
View user profile

chapri

Male
dil lene ki rut of prem granth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLblBBVo6TY

jungle mein sherof Prem granth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bvkkx6ARnI

#3 - Posted on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 pm
View user profile

t@r3q

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-11-24
she was looking extremely ravishing in the film........:k:

#4 - Posted on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:03 pm
View user profile

hecknyed

Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Madhuri Dixit Fanatic
Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-12-15
my MOST fav movie...most....she look awesome

#5 - Posted on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 am
View user profile

ammyrodrics

Madhuri Dixit Fan
Madhuri Dixit Fan
Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-09
I have heard a lot abut this movie but never got a chance to watch it..After such a good review i will definitely spare some time to watch it.

#6 - Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 pm
View user profile

capcom1618

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-06-14
Her most underrated performance.

#7 - Posted on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm
View user profile

capcom1618

Male
And definately looked sexiest in this one.

#8 - Posted on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm
View user profile

capcom1618

Male
On the sets/making of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncg5FPFm3HY

#9 - Posted on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:01 pm
View user profile

capcom1618

Male
Premiere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfB7EpLTxg

If you look closely you can see a young Ranbir Kapoor as well.

#10 - Posted on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:03 pm
View user profile

orchid786786

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-10-02
Now this is one movie i havent watched but i would like to, just haven't gotten around to it. GOING TO WATCH! GOING TO WATCH!

#11 - Posted on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am
View user profile

Sponsored content

#12 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum